Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651738 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Pokemon Go Release has Begun!
« Reply #4950 on: July 18, 2016, 03:47:11 pm »

So, my retail store is absolutely doing more business because of PokeGo. Then again, we sell video games and geek paraphernalia.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4951 on: July 18, 2016, 03:57:12 pm »

So, my retail store is absolutely doing more business because of PokeGo. Then again, we sell video games and geek paraphernalia.
>Mobile game that encourages walking around near stores
>You sell video game-related things

Not too surprising, MZ ;D
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: July 18, 2016, 03:58:22 pm »

It also depends what you sell.  If it's a $5,000+ per item jewelry store, foot traffic isn't really your concern.  People coming for your shop will find it.  If it's frozen yogurt, anyone within 3 blocks is a potential customer.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: July 18, 2016, 04:17:24 pm »

Bingo.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4954 on: July 18, 2016, 04:50:16 pm »

I'm just going to leave this here.

I seem to recall someone jokingly mentioning such things a short time ago.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: July 18, 2016, 04:53:21 pm »

Props on the poke ball coloring, unlikely to have enough range to be worth it tho. That is a tineh drone.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4956 on: July 18, 2016, 05:00:57 pm »

Props on the poke ball coloring, unlikely to have enough range to be worth it tho. That is a tineh drone.

That's a render of what a drone would look like in a marketer dream

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4958 on: July 18, 2016, 07:19:49 pm »

Had some free time today to actually try the game and get to level 5 to try out the gym battles and stuff.

... Why exactly is this so extremely popular, again?

Collecting and evolving pokemon is tedious and repetitive - instead of training them you just grind a ton of them. Gaining levels means catching and evolving and throwing away lots of pokemon... just so you can eventually catch pokemon that don't suck. Just so you can fight in gym battles.

Then the gym battles are tedious and repetitive, and no matter how tough pokemon you put defending you'll just lose to a couple guys on the same team attacking at once.

And that's... it? No trading. No challenging other pokemon trainers. No real development of Pokemon that you get from other Pokemon games - the starter Pokemon is about as useful as a turd in a swimming pool.

All it has going for it is the AR thing. The rest of the features are lackluster and boring.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4959 on: July 18, 2016, 07:25:21 pm »

I suspect it's a combination of normal Pokemon hype, the fact that it's free, that it's available on devices almost everyone has, and that the Homo Sapien is generally a social creature prone to the trappings of peer pressure.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: July 18, 2016, 08:55:30 pm »

Trading and trainer battles (the former being confirmed and the latter being very likely) are both on the way.

But really, nobody's... forcing you to play the game?
Black lives matter.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #4961 on: July 18, 2016, 09:11:31 pm »

Just commenting on it. I tried it because, well, everyone seems so hyped about it. I mean, you see videos of huge crowds of people playing it and running around like it's the best thing ever. My visit to the zoo sucked because the place was so freaking crowded with phone zombies I had a hard time just seeing the exhibits. With all that, I figured it HAD to be something to it.

Very underwhelming...
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4962 on: July 18, 2016, 09:27:13 pm »

Had some free time today to actually try the game and get to level 5 to try out the gym battles and stuff.

Collecting and evolving pokemon is tedious and repetitive - instead of training them you just grind a ton of them. Gaining levels means catching and evolving and throwing away lots of pokemon... just so you can eventually catch pokemon that don't suck. Just so you can fight in gym battles.

Then the gym battles are tedious and repetitive, and no matter how tough pokemon you put defending you'll just lose to a couple guys on the same team attacking at once.

And that's... it? No trading. No challenging other pokemon trainers. No real development of Pokemon that you get from other Pokemon games - the starter Pokemon is about as useful as a turd in a swimming pool.

All it has going for it is the AR thing. The rest of the features are lackluster and boring.

It's fun just to collect pokemon, provides an actual entertaining incentive to go outside and get exercise, encourages you to explore your town and see parts of it you haven't seen before, is fun to go and play with friends, feels good to meet other players, gives a feeling of discovery and adventure IRL especially if you go somewhere with special spawns or travel somewhere far that has different mons spawning there, the gym system appeals to tribal competitiveness, gives something to do in the car and while traveling, and let's every person who grew up in the 90s or later live out their childhood dreams in at least a tiny bit in some way.
It's FEF, not FEOF

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: July 18, 2016, 10:47:48 pm »

Best comedy bit I've seen about Pokemon Go yet
Lost it at the very first line. "It's a Bulbasaur, you fuckstick" as she flails haphazardly on the ground. Gets funnier every time I watch it

I might be really really tired
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4964 on: July 18, 2016, 11:13:00 pm »

I also don't get it, but I don't have a smartphone, so I haven't actually played the game.

Still, at no point in my life have I ever thought "gee, I wish my walk had more RNG and grind in it".
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 463