Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 651190 times)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Pokemon Go Release has Begun!
« Reply #4980 on: July 19, 2016, 12:02:59 pm »

Uh... seriously?
It would be illegal because you're cheating the system, basically. You can teleport everywhere along the world, hatch Pokemon without ever taking a step, visit hundreds of Pokestops in matter of hours and so on. Also, I belive it is in terms of service that you can only use the provided software without any middle-stuff and other legal shit.
I think Shadowlord interpreted "illegal" as "in violation of national law", rather than "in violation of the game's terms of service".

Which is how I read it, too; illegal is almost always used that way, after all.

Yeah.

Ironically it's probably actually illegal in the US, pursuant to the CFAA. But you're probably just risking a ban. Plenty of people were banned from Ingress in the past for the same thing.

From looking at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_Fraud_and_Abuse_Act, I'm not sure if the CFAA could even apply. I mean, the items and pokemon in the game have no value (I guarantee the TOS even says so). Of course, I'm not a lawyer, and I'm not even playing the game at all, but I've looked at it. I wouldn't want to give them access to my google account and everything on my phone, or let them drain my battery super-fast, even if the app was available for it.

Banning someone is a lot cheaper anyways, especially if it's automatic. About the GPS thing, if someone is in California and then a second later they're in New York, that's pretty obvious. But if they turn the app off and 12 hours later turn it on and they're in another part of the world, there's no way to be sure that they didn't just fly there in the intervening hours.

I don't know how bluestacks emulates movement, but they could get everyone using the nox app player if they just auto-banned everyone who only walked directly N/W/E/S/NW/NE/SW/SE (because wasd move the "phone" in cardinal directions).
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: July 19, 2016, 12:11:21 pm »

I saw the bluestack hack video, it uses GeoLocator.  You move your pin icon to locations, switch to pokemon go and click stuff while the AR function is disabled. 

It was kinda pointless at the point.  Just repeat move location, click, wait, etc.  Just like pretty much all non-productive games and MMOs.  Lots of clicking, lots of waiting, for virtual toys that only has value to the player and the community of players.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: July 19, 2016, 01:27:42 pm »

And that is what Pokemon is all about!
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: July 19, 2016, 01:32:36 pm »

glorious nes legacy

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: July 19, 2016, 01:33:46 pm »

glorious nes legacy

* gameboy
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: July 19, 2016, 01:34:55 pm »

glorious nes legacy

* gameboy

tru, but the model come back from dragon quests and the likes

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: July 19, 2016, 01:43:08 pm »

Eh, when you get right down to it everything is pointless.  People say games and mmos are useless because you get nothing.  I dunno.  I work a job and get married and then die.  What was the point of that?  Nothing matter.  Everything is pointless.  I'm going to play Pokemon and you can't stop me.

Ghills

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: July 19, 2016, 02:22:34 pm »

Just commenting on it. I tried it because, well, everyone seems so hyped about it. I mean, you see videos of huge crowds of people playing it and running around like it's the best thing ever. My visit to the zoo sucked because the place was so freaking crowded with phone zombies I had a hard time just seeing the exhibits. With all that, I figured it HAD to be something to it.

Very underwhelming...

Right now the game mostly features collecting, so if collecting isn't your thing it probably isn't fun.  If it is, it's a lot of fun.  Battles and trading are coming, though. 

For a lot of people the social aspect is huge. Going for a walk alone is grim exercise. Going for walk with friends is fun.  Go is a good reason to do that, and it's a good common topic of conversation.
I AM POINTY DEATH INCARNATE
Ye know, being an usurper overseer gone mad with power isn't too bad. It's honestly not that different from being a normal overseer.
To summarize:
They do an epic face. If that fails, they beat said object to death with their beard.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: July 19, 2016, 04:49:50 pm »

A new mode called Hyper Training is announced. With Hyper Training, Pokémon that have grown to Lv. 100 will be able to increase their individual strengths (IVs), which has never been possible before.

Neat. Probably still faster to just breed them how you want them, but buffing up your shinies and having non-cloned 6IV dittos is something.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: July 19, 2016, 05:09:21 pm »

A new mode called Hyper Training is announced. With Hyper Training, Pokémon that have grown to Lv. 100 will be able to increase their individual strengths (IVs), which has never been possible before.

Neat. Probably still faster to just breed them how you want them, but buffing up your shinies and having non-cloned 6IV dittos is something.

Now if ONLY they had some way around having HM slaves.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: July 19, 2016, 05:21:28 pm »

Pretty hilarious fad. Fairly groundbreaking, with the downside of causing an increase in rapes and robberies. Not to mention the silly brawls and trespassing charges.

At least I'll have plenty of iPhones coming my way.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: July 19, 2016, 05:24:43 pm »

At least I'll have plenty of iPhones coming my way.

Wat?
It's FEF, not FEOF

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: July 19, 2016, 05:26:02 pm »

I guess he either repairs phones or stab people

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: July 19, 2016, 05:33:52 pm »

Personally, I intend to use this to make my starter decent. I always love using my starter but I hate having to pick up a new one for competitive battling.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: July 19, 2016, 06:02:26 pm »

Interesting. Sounds similar to the Super Training in XYORAS, which lets you handle EV gain. By the way, for the Super Training, there's some bits that are accessible to a Pokemon after reaching 510 EVs, and it implies it's supposed to make the max EV'd Pokemon stronger, but it doesn't seem to. The only thing it seems to be good for is farming Gen I evolution stones and crap items.

I don't see how Hyper Training would be slower than thoroughbreeding. It takes maybe an hour or two to reach max EVs with Super Training. I guess it depends on how these "Bottle Caps" are obtained.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 463