Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083477 times)

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r3
« Reply #2430 on: April 07, 2015, 05:44:37 pm »

Thank you lethosor, I appreciate your help.  Have a nice day Putnam.

Edit: new though related problem; I copied the Init example from the git repository, edited it and renamed it dfhack.init, now dfhack doesn't recognize it even existing and wants to use dfhack.init-example, but that file no longer exists.  Now what?
When saving something with Notepad on Windows, Notepad automatically appends ".txt" to the filename unless you tell it not to. Check that the name of the file actually is exactly "dfhack.init" and not "dfhack.init.txt".
If you are not seeing the file extensions of other files you normally use, you need to switch showing these on somewhere in your options. As I don't use Windows I don't know where to look for that.
Taste my Paci-Fist

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: April 07, 2015, 06:41:30 pm »

Edit: new though related problem; I copied the Init example from the git repository, edited it and renamed it dfhack.init, now dfhack doesn't recognize it even existing and wants to use dfhack.init-example, but that file no longer exists.  Now what?
When saving something with Notepad on Windows, Notepad automatically appends ".txt" to the filename unless you tell it not to. Check that the name of the file actually is exactly "dfhack.init" and not "dfhack.init.txt".
If you are not seeing the file extensions of other files you normally use, you need to switch showing these on somewhere in your options. As I don't use Windows I don't know where to look for that.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 06:46:28 pm by SquatchHammer »
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Antsan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: April 07, 2015, 06:59:36 pm »

I cannot see the first picture.

The second picture already has been explained: Notepad doesn't recognize simple Newlines but needs a Newline followed by a Carriage Return (or something like that). Use a better editor.
Taste my Paci-Fist

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #2433 on: April 08, 2015, 12:08:37 am »

Please try to remain calm in the thread.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: April 08, 2015, 12:32:58 am »

I read that in a voice like the Lumpy Space Portal Frog from Adventure Time... I don't know why.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: April 08, 2015, 01:30:14 pm »

wonder if you could edit the file type from your window explorer?
but then again could one say alter a file to be txt use notepad then edit the type to be what ever?
I made this neat gif of how one alter the .init-example to be just init for anyone who want to just skip the start up message about not finding a init.

I tend to use flash developer for my notepad ++ editing. it has no lua function but it does the job.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: April 08, 2015, 07:29:23 pm »

You could open notepad and then just drag any file into it. I have textpad and notepad++ installed, so I just open with right-click context menu. Even opens binaries in hex view, with the right plugins.

EDIT: Btw, question; how do you cancel/interrupt a job in advfort? When a job can't be completed and it hangs on the last tick, isn't it possible to escape the job or mode?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 07:31:04 pm by Uzu Bash »

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: April 08, 2015, 08:23:24 pm »

Is there a way to make a tile inside or outside?
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: April 08, 2015, 09:43:56 pm »

tiletypes sv 1 or 0 for skyview, st 1 or 0 for subterranean, l 1 or 0 for light, h 1 or 0 for hidden

There is a killscreen command to make hung advfort tasks go away but I forget what it is.

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: April 08, 2015, 09:52:25 pm »

Oh, thanks.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: April 09, 2015, 08:11:46 pm »

Is there a way to enable building of magma forge on a map with no magma ?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: April 09, 2015, 08:13:39 pm »

https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack#feature

...wait, a map with no magma?

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: April 09, 2015, 11:04:12 pm »

Yes. Building a magma forge on a map with magma is hardly something I would need help with.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: April 09, 2015, 11:07:14 pm »

I'm with Putnam here, how did you get a map with no magma? None as in it is like twenty billion leagues under your embark or none as in you can dig all the way down and just hit SMR or slade or simply run out of room?

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: April 10, 2015, 02:48:44 am »

If you changed worldgen you might be able to get it so there's no magma sea or underworld. I have no idea how to make a magma forge under those circumstances though. There might be people who know about the lore of changing building types. Try making a regular forge and changing it into a magma forge somehow. Tinker around with lua and ~ or gm-editor.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 360