Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083432 times)

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3750 on: February 14, 2016, 06:40:28 pm »

I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

UristWoodie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3751 on: February 15, 2016, 08:57:36 am »

I don't remember that option, but there's a ctrl-shift-n hotkey in the default configuration that should work.

Thank you...that was it. Doesn't show in the DFH menu where the other custom commands are.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3752 on: February 16, 2016, 09:57:18 pm »

Is there an ETA for a 42.06 build?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

funkydwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3753 on: February 16, 2016, 10:30:58 pm »

Go to the GitHub page for dfhack, link in the original post, select the develop branch, look at the logged changes, most notably the cmakelists.txt. If it says oldversion (42.05) its no where near ready. if it says newversion (42.06) then its still at least a week away, because , to protect the impatient our friendly dfhack devs will not release a version until its had some testing.

On "being a tester", if your not able to compile it yourself then you are probably not a good candidate for testing it. Although, I have never had a conversation with the dfhack dev team and am unsure of their policy, learning to set up a dev environment should be a minimum so you don't have to bug them to send you a new binary every time they change some code..  I don't even think there are official "testers" its just all the people that can compile it running it reporting back. basically I am trying to prevent this post from turning into "funky dwarf said I could be a tester" and "how do I be a testor send me's da filez" instigator. 

and if you wanna compile it yourself after they change the cmakelist , know its probably going to corrupt your save cause they just changed that file and nothing else yet, and read the great great great dfhack documentation webpage which you can find if you try, its all in there. there is some more info on compiling in the GitHub repository , but the read the doc page is a lot better and more complete.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3754 on: February 17, 2016, 12:07:32 am »

Seconding @funkydwarf; we'll get an alpha build once it's ready for general testing.  Until then, there's not much you can do to help without compiling DFHack.

Note that pretty much all the docs are available as text files in the ./docs/ folder on github as well as on readthedocs.org
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3755 on: February 17, 2016, 12:16:17 am »

Yeah, compiling DFHack isn't that hard, either. Just follow the instructions step by step.

The biggest headache is the download time for all the required stuff. Also finding a copy of visual studio 2010, since MS stopped making the express version easy to find.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #3756 on: February 17, 2016, 01:33:29 am »

and if you wanna compile it yourself after they change the cmakelist , know its probably going to corrupt your save cause they just changed that file and nothing else yet, and read the great great great dfhack documentation webpage which you can find if you try, its all in there. there is some more info on compiling in the GitHub repository , but the read the doc page is a lot better and more complete.
Neat, thanks.

Also finding a copy of visual studio 2010
I have multiple installations of it for some reason so I think I'm good. Is there a reason DFHack still uses 2010 instead of moving to a newer Community edition or whatever?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3757 on: February 17, 2016, 01:50:36 am »

Also finding a copy of visual studio 2010
I have multiple installations of it for some reason so I think I'm good. Is there a reason DFHack still uses 2010 instead of moving to a newer Community edition or whatever?
Yeah, DFHack absolutely has to use whichever compiler was used for Dwarf Fortress, or it won't work.

That said, you can still open the project with any newer visual studio and compile it from there, as long as you tell it not to upgrade the project. Then it will still use the 2010 compiler, but you sill need at least VS2010 express installed, and upgraded to SP1

SatelliteOfLove

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3758 on: February 17, 2016, 02:25:39 pm »

Yeah, compiling DFHack isn't that hard, either. Just follow the instructions step by step.

I'll second that - just be careful to follow the instructions exactly, and make sure that you're getting the "develop" branch from the git repository, not the standard branch.

The cool thing (imo) about compiling your own dfhack is that you never have to ask "is it ready yet/when will it be ready" - you can try it out for yourself and find out without bothering a soul.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3759 on: February 17, 2016, 02:38:24 pm »

The biggest headache is the download time for all the required stuff. Also finding a copy of visual studio 2010, since MS stopped making the express version easy to find.

Wait, that's all I need, Microsoft's Visual Studio 2010? 

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3760 on: February 17, 2016, 03:10:39 pm »

http://dfhack.readthedocs.org/en/stable/docs/Compile.html

The cool thing (imo) about compiling your own dfhack is that you never have to ask "is it ready yet/when will it be ready" - you can try it out for yourself and find out without bothering a soul.

Be aware that just because it compiles doesn't mean it works.

SatelliteOfLove

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3761 on: February 17, 2016, 10:39:00 pm »

http://dfhack.readthedocs.org/en/stable/docs/Compile.html

Be aware that just because it compiles doesn't mean it works.

Absolutely.  If your computer explodes into flame and your dwarves all cry for milk and cookies instead of beer and whiskey, at least you know that dfhack isn't ready yet for the version you're trying to run ;)

You need a handful of things to compile dfhack.  It's like playing Dwarf Fortress, except you're compiling code instead of killing off alcohol-fueled beards.  Remember, losing is !!FUN!!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3762 on: February 17, 2016, 11:27:10 pm »

On a more routine note, does anyone know how to attach a location to an announcement in Lua's dfhack.gui?  I'd like the player to be able to hit z to zoom to the location.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3763 on: February 17, 2016, 11:36:53 pm »

makeAnnouncement has a pos argument

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3764 on: February 18, 2016, 11:13:45 am »

makeAnnouncement has a pos argument
Thanks for the pointer, but I apparently failed to decipher gui.h properly.  This is the header line
Code: [Select]
DFHACK_EXPORT int makeAnnouncement(df::announcement_type type, df::announcement_flags mode, df::coord pos, std::string message, int color = 7, bool bright = true);but I get errors about a "complex object" in my tests, mostly likely an issue with the announcement_flags.  Would you mind giving me the code to announce "This is a test" at position {x=10,y=20,z=30} with no zooming or pausing?
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 [251] 252 253 ... 360