Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1083391 times)

Blue_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.40.24-r5
« Reply #3930 on: March 07, 2016, 04:02:54 pm »

How do you take screenshots with DFHack installed? If I use Prt Scr or Alt Prt Scr, DFHack apparently changes the active window or something, making it impossible.

I'm using PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack, 40.24-r20.
Crafting Statistics 42.06Farming Statistics

Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.

IAmTheRad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3931 on: March 07, 2016, 11:06:49 pm »

42.06-alpha1 has a crash when loading up the historical figure for details to make for a statue/figurine.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3932 on: March 07, 2016, 11:07:58 pm »

Does that occur without DFHack? Can you provide steps or a save to reproduce?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

IAmTheRad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3933 on: March 07, 2016, 11:20:20 pm »

Does not occur without dfhack.

To reproduce, create a pocket world (Default settings). Embark anywhere, doesn't matter. Build a mason's workshop ASAP, and then make a statue in the workshop. Choose details, and choose to change the image. Select 'historical figure'.

Game will crash with dfhack.

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3934 on: March 08, 2016, 12:43:46 am »

Does not occur without dfhack.

To reproduce, create a pocket world (Default settings). Embark anywhere, doesn't matter. Build a mason's workshop ASAP, and then make a statue in the workshop. Choose details, and choose to change the image. Select 'historical figure'.

Game will crash with dfhack.

I can confirm this. Happens with my (dfhack 0.42.06-alpha1) game 100% of the time.
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3935 on: March 08, 2016, 01:19:31 am »

Same thing as in adventurer mode apparently, I've got saves where I can launch with ./df and make figurines and ones where I can't at all, but none of them work when I ./dfhack and try to make a figurine.
So apparently my crashes are related to the vanilla bug, but they aren't consistent across saves. All of the saves in the folder I'm playing were made fresh for 42.06 to use the new reactions. One of them works fine with ./df or ./dfhack, but the others crash.

When I try ./df for the crashing ones I get this instead of the usual segfault message though:
Code: [Select]
[xcb] Unknown request in queue while dequeuing
[xcb] Most likely this is a multi-threaded client and XInitThreads has not been called
[xcb] Aborting, sorry about that.
Dwarf_Fortress: xcb_io.c:179: dequeue_pending_request: Assertion `!xcb_xlib_unknown_req_in_deq' failed.
./df: line 6: 32410 Aborted                 
(core dumped) ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress "$@"

So... that's weird.

Edit: correction!

One of the saves which I can make figurines in with ./df does not work when I launch with ./dfhack:
./dfhack: line 66:   899 Segmentation fault     
(core dumped) setarch i386 -R env LD_PRELOAD="$PRELOAD_LIB" ./libs/Dwarf_Fortress "$@"

I took this after launching with ./df:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I get the above segfault when I try the same thing with ./dfhack.

Lamb

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3936 on: March 08, 2016, 03:04:16 am »

I can also confirm that running the game with dfhack on the 42.06-alpha1 causes a crash when you attempt to access the historical figures section when editing the details of certain objects such as statues. However, when I embark on a site on a game with dfhack off, I am permitted to access the historical figures.

Strangely, it seems that for forts that have been saved with dfhack on, loading those forts later after having turned off dfhack leads to the same aformentioned crash. It basically looks like this:
>create a fresh embark without DFHack
>able to access the historical figures section when editing the details of certain objects
>save fort, reload fort with DFHack enabled
>crashes when you select the historical figures section
>reload fort with DFHack enabled, save the game (as many here would have had before we noticed the crash), close the game
>turn off DFHack, reload fort that had been saved alongside DFHack, aforementioned crashes continue despite DFHack having been turned off

Does DFHack leave any lingering files in your folders after having DFHack turned off? It feels like I'm muddling this up somehow. Hopefully we can get this issue fixed.

The errorlog shows me "Unrecognized Announcement Token: TRAVEL_ADVISORY" but I don't know if that's really behind the crash.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3937 on: March 08, 2016, 03:06:48 am »

DFHack saves stuff as historical figures, so that might be it.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3938 on: March 08, 2016, 04:00:41 am »

That could definitely be it. We'll have to check whether they're being created properly.

On the bright side it's an excuse to implement persistent data without using historical figures, something I've been putting off.

Abadrausar

• Bay Watcher
  • empowering ideas
    • View Profile
    • ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫
« Reply #3939 on: March 08, 2016, 06:58:06 am »

...implement persistent data without using historical figures...
Could a sqlite database file in the DF game save directory do the thing?
::: Humble Dwarf Fortress Publishing System ♫♪♀HDFPS♂♪♫ Mods Push Published in DFFD are auto updated in local Players Catalog :::

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3940 on: March 08, 2016, 07:31:18 am »

That could definitely be it. We'll have to check whether they're being created properly.

On the bright side it's an excuse to implement persistent data without using historical figures, something I've been putting off.
Is there a list of tools that insert fake historical figures?  That might be useful for the pack maintainers to know so they can either turn them off by default or at least warn their users.

Personally I don't use workflow and such, but I also don't do anything to disable the stuff I don't use.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #3941 on: March 08, 2016, 08:06:47 am »

invalid (-1) language id causes segfault
I changed it to 0 with this script(it seems to be not unused for datastoring anyway):
local figs = df.global.world.history.figures

for i=0,#figs-1,1 do
   local v = figs[i]
   if v.id<0 then
      print(v.id..' '..v.name.first_name..' '..v.name.language)
      v.name.language = 0
   end
end
and it stopped crashing on figurine-design historical figure choose screen:
edit: this script was integrated in dfhack-alpha2 and runs automatically, and default language was fixed
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 10:06:51 am by sv-esk »

Nimrod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3942 on: March 08, 2016, 08:59:09 am »

invalid (-1) language id causes segfault
I changed it to 0 with this script(it seems to be not unused for datastoring anyway):
local figs = df.global.world.history.figures

for i=0,#figs-1,1 do
   local v = figs[i]
   if v.id<0 then
      print(v.id..' '..v.name.first_name..' '..v.name.language)
      v.name.language = 0
   end
end
and it stopped crashing on figurine-design historical figure choose screen:

Sorry for my noobish question, but do you run this script directly in the dfhack console? Or is it applied to a specific file in the save folder? (I have no clue where or how things are stored in the DF files ... )

cheers
---=== Inveniam Viam Aut Faciam ===---

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3943 on: March 08, 2016, 09:05:10 am »

If you're an idiot who doesn't know how to work the lua interpreter like me, just throw those magic words into a text file, save it as filename.lua in \hack\scripts and then use the command "filename" in the console.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3944 on: March 08, 2016, 09:07:58 am »

Nice work, sv-esk!

Autochop/config Abbeybrew sounds very lonely.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 [263] 264 265 ... 360