Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 360

Author Topic: DFHack 0.43.03-r1  (Read 1082903 times)

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.43.03-r1
« Reply #5025 on: December 14, 2016, 07:45:18 pm »

So what are the valid uses of the force command?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: December 14, 2016, 09:21:15 pm »

You'll get a list if you run "modtools/force -help" (I'm not sure why "force -help" doesn't work, but I'll look into that).
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: December 15, 2016, 06:36:59 am »

Here is a new alpha release, with the Ruby fix (and several other fixes): https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases/tag/0.43.05-alpha3

Do keep reporting issues that come up, although hopefully there are fewer now.

What causes visitors to display that they're ready to leave (it seems they have a path for a meeting with the edge, but something ought to cause them to set up that path in the first place)? I've failed to find it, and I'd like to hack units that have overstayed their welcome by several years (causing scandals by running around naked as well as uselessly using up a visitor slot) to nudge them to depart.
I can't answer this well myself (maybe someone else can), but I did fairly minimal research into visitors when that version of DF came out, and I don't remember seeing a lot done by other people, so it's possible that nobody has discovered the relevant structure(s) yet (or they've been mapped but not named, which would make things a lot easier). It definitely seems like something unit-specific, so maybe look for unit fields added around 0.42.
Thanks lethosor.
I've been looking around trying to find any correlations and failed to find any of the base info of what location(s) visitors have come for, what they want to do (perform, research, petition...), or how long they're supposed to stay. However, setting the <unit>.flags1.forest flag to true have caused two (out of two attempts) over stayers to leave, but that's not how correctly behaving units leave. Thus, it seems to achieve the objective, but not in the correct way, and thus may very well have side effects (such as them ceasing to tour the world sites, for instance).

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: December 15, 2016, 03:45:37 pm »

Alpha 3 is remarkably stable, knock on wood. No save corruption or crashes yet although I haven't poked the more obscure functions.
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: December 15, 2016, 07:23:28 pm »

I tried force MegaBeast and nothing happened, no errors but also no megabeast

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: December 16, 2016, 03:18:58 am »

probably the same reason there no events for guests arriving.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: December 16, 2016, 09:42:59 am »

probably the same reason there no events for guests arriving.
There is a MegaBeast event, which is why the script doesn't throw an error. I don't know exactly why it's not working, though, or if it's worked since 0.40. Is this a new world?

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ab9rf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • ab9rf@github
« Reply #5032 on: December 16, 2016, 03:07:19 pm »

I will note that I've had some undesirable outcomes using building-plan's "planning mode" in alpha3, and would recommend that people not use planning mode unless they want their fortresses possibly irretrievably corrupted. See https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/issues/1047.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: December 16, 2016, 06:39:07 pm »

It is not, in fact a new world, it is my first world

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: December 16, 2016, 09:37:50 pm »

Sorry, I meant to ask if it's a young world (or one without any megabeasts). Although if you've been playing with it for a while, I would expect there to be some megabeasts around.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: December 16, 2016, 10:39:10 pm »

There might very well be no megabeasts left, since I've yet to be attacked by more then cyclops in the entire existence of my fort

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: December 16, 2016, 11:38:28 pm »

You can check in uh, df.global.world.history.total_powers vs ...history.eras[k].details.living_powers to see if any are still around.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: December 17, 2016, 12:25:54 am »

Are those commands or files?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: December 17, 2016, 01:06:55 am »

Neither. They're names of relevant data you can access (using Lua syntax in this case). One option is running "gui/gm-editor" followed by the expression you want, e.g. "gui/gm-editor df.global.world.history.total_powers". (Note that I have not checked that specifically to see how easy it is to hunt down megabeasts, or if that's what you're looking for - this is just one way to access DF data in general from Lua.)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: December 17, 2016, 04:49:21 am »

Neither. They're names of relevant data you can access (using Lua syntax in this case). One option is running "gui/gm-editor" followed by the expression you want, e.g. "gui/gm-editor df.global.world.history.total_powers". (Note that I have not checked that specifically to see how easy it is to hunt down megabeasts, or if that's what you're looking for - this is just one way to access DF data in general from Lua.)
it's possible to just summon every historical being into one spot with fast traveling party manipulation but uhh oh boy hope you have a good pc for doing that.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 360