Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31

Author Topic: Adventurer Fort: still useful i guess  (Read 141911 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurer fort reborn!
« Reply #225 on: January 22, 2015, 06:08:49 am »

I am sure you can't load someone you knocked out into one, lord knows I was disappointed to see you can't haul them around or throw them, but it still seems one can hurl corpses at stuff with a siege engine, that's good enough for me.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 22, 2015, 03:00:10 pm »

I am sure you can't load someone you knocked out into one, lord knows I was disappointed to see you can't haul them around or throw them, but it still seems one can hurl corpses at stuff with a siege engine, that's good enough for me.
Try loading someone you stuffed into a cage into a siege weapon. though you might want a script that shoves units into cages/items first but I guess that's one way to do it.
oh well rework my old advforts for npc usage so you can gain access to the other fort mode jobs.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 26, 2015, 03:41:35 pm »

UPDATE TIME GUYZ!

Fixed siege engines. Firing from catapults is way more fun when you can select what to fire (e.g. bins with glass blades for fun, with siege-engine plugin!). Also some trap fixes...
Also if combined with: this you can capture and then shoot (with catapult) units at other units...

Anyway, fun evening hacking df as always

Oh and thanks to SyrusLD for making my job way easier!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 03:43:33 pm by Warmist »

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 27, 2015, 06:18:31 am »

The pokeball idea is hillarious(ly game breaking). Could you make it only work on targets that are unconscious or overcome by pain? Maybe as an option?

I will have to try out adventurer mode traps.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 27, 2015, 06:23:30 am »

The pokeball idea is hillarious(ly game breaking). Could you make it only work on targets that are unconscious or overcome by pain? Maybe as an option?

I will have to try out adventurer mode traps.
Yeah i know it is... Maybe i'll add something like that though it was just me messing around (couldn't find how to drag people around in half an hour so had to  improvise)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2015, 01:06:00 pm »

One rather nasty bug I've found is that if you try to build a construction, but there is an item in the way, then the counter will stick on (1) and the game will stop accepting any input from you as time flies by.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2015, 01:24:48 pm »

One rather nasty bug I've found is that if you try to build a construction, but there is an item in the way, then the counter will stick on (1) and the game will stop accepting any input from you as time flies by.
One way out of these stuck loops is typing "devel/pop-screen"

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 29, 2015, 01:55:04 pm »

One way out of these stuck loops is typing "devel/pop-screen"
Thanks! I'll have to remember that.

Blaze_1711

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 29, 2015, 02:52:55 pm »

Guys, i don't know if it is me or something but i've been trying to use AdvFort for months and i get nothing.

The GUI shows up and whenever i try to like "gather plants" it shows "working" and all, but no plants go to my inventory or anything.

I can build workshops and all but i can't use them in any way, like, they are just there, useless, immobile.

I would appreciate any help you could provide since i really want to enjoy AdvFort. Thanks in advance!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 29, 2015, 02:58:20 pm »

It still crashes the game when I try to make pig iron (when it gets to the (0) count). :(

I can build workshops and all but i can't use them in any way, like, they are just there, useless, immobile.
When you are standing in a workshop and call up the GUI does it say "Workshop Menu (Tab)" across the top of the screen? And what happens if you press [TAB]?

Blaze_1711

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 29, 2015, 03:03:59 pm »

When you are standing in a workshop and call up the GUI does it say "Workshop Menu (Tab)" across the top of the screen? And what happens if you press [TAB]?
Nope, nothing shows up there for me.

So, now it pops up a weird menu every time i try to build something, the menu says "01. Filled(0/1)" and prompts me to select an item in a smaller menu but it reads "<no item>" and if i press esc to exit the menu the workshop is there, built, but still no [TAB].

Also, when i tried to gather plants the GUI read "Working" but had a -1 value to the time taken by that action, which promptly blocked any attempts of using the GUI except if i closed it and re-opened it.

I know this sounds like a bad idea, but if any of you could send me a link to a Dwarf Fortress with AdvFort working i'd be very thankful!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 03:39:12 pm by Blaze_1711 »

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 29, 2015, 04:06:57 pm »

So, now it pops up a weird menu every time i try to build something, the menu says "01. Filled(0/1)" and prompts me to select an item in a smaller menu but it reads "<no item>"

That sounds like you don't have what you need to build it. It usually works best if you drop it on the ground, and if you have it in your left or right hand it won't recognize it at all.

Blaze_1711

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 29, 2015, 04:43:52 pm »

That sounds like you don't have what you need to build it. It usually works best if you drop it on the ground, and if you have it in your left or right hand it won't recognize it at all.
Thanks man, i figured it out!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 01, 2015, 10:49:27 am »

...did Syrus just say they managed to fire a ballista/catapult in adventure mode?

I'm feeling kinda woozy after reading that, not sure if I'm hallucinating or not, but I don't see others freaking out about it so I'm confused.

Almost killed yourself...

Please, in the name of Armok tell me you almost did this:

Oh yeah both catapult and balista used to work... And catapult used to accept almost anything (like in fort mode when you are using siege-weapons dfhack thingy). Now it's probably subtly broken...
more on this, yeah you can totally launch yourself from a siege weapon if you happen to have a minecart on hand, though riding a minecart on the same tile you need to load it into the weapon then firing it is kinda tricky, you need to push ride against another minecart to 'hop in' or have a siege against a wall, then just use Advfort to load the minecart in then fire, if it works you will get a black screen and need to walk around to gain vision back.

still testing this out but cages will pretty much if in contact of a wall break open and free the guy you had in there.

so uhh adventurous way of transport.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 01, 2015, 07:00:03 pm »

...did Syrus just say they managed to fire a ballista/catapult in adventure mode?

I'm feeling kinda woozy after reading that, not sure if I'm hallucinating or not, but I don't see others freaking out about it so I'm confused.

Almost killed yourself...

Please, in the name of Armok tell me you almost did this:

No, sadly, as described above, loading yourself (or another absolutly willing test subject) into a ballista is not that easy. I just stood at the wrong end when firing the thing and whacked the ballista arrow out of the air.

Anyway, I have been trying to make some glass to properly seal off the (active) vulcano I've been living in for the last few days, but sadly I can't seem to figure out how to create glass using sand; or rather: how do I make the job realize that I got a bag of sand with me / on the floor?

EDIT:
Noticed that building North-South facing axles was not possible.
It seems you need to give the thing not just a width (West-East) and height (North-South) to toggle between building an axle west-east or north-south, but you also need to give it a direction.
For example you'd say "width = 1" and "height = 5" and it'd just build a 1x1 west-east axle. Putting "width = 5" and any height would make a 5 long west-east axle.

When I added a direction to the thing I'd give it for example "width = 1", "height = 5" and "direction = 1" and it'd make a 5 long north-south axle - pretty much what I wanted!
Of course, if you put in: "width = 5", "height = 1" and "direction = 1" it'd still give you a 1x1 north-south axle.
So you need to give it the right direction and set the right lenght-direction (width/height).

The change I did was in line 461 in advfort.lua:
455: function chooseBuildingWidthHeightDir(args) --TODO nicer selection dialog
[...]
461: [btype.AxleHorizontal]=makeset{"w","h","d"}
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 04:46:13 pm by SyrusLD »
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31