Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 373

Author Topic: DFHack 0.34.11 r3  (Read 1404583 times)

TSTwizby

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.07 r1
« Reply #1275 on: April 17, 2012, 02:02:47 pm »

I'm having some trouble running this.

Running what? dfhack? You unpack the archive, then copy the contents into your df folder which will replace some files. After that, just run df like usual and you'll get an additional console window for the hack/tweak stuff.

Whenever I open the command prompt window, it instantly closes.

Did you maybe call 'dfhack-run'? That's for calling plugins from outside of the dfhack console. It will instantly close, yes.

but the only one which made any sense didn't apply to me, as it involved a registry entry I don't have.

dfhack does not change any registry entries. It doesn't have any kind of installer either. You download and unpack it and copy it into your df folder.

I'm sorry, I guess I misunderstood the Readme. I'll give that a shot.
I got a female and male dragon on my embark. I got cagetraps on the exits but im struggling to find a way to make them path into it.
Live bait.
3 dwarfs out of 7 dead so far

Gahagan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: April 17, 2012, 05:54:36 pm »

It was suggested that I post this here, from the Fortress Mode forums.

Quote from: Gahagan
I'm doing some work on attribute gains, changes, and decays, and need a quick way to export lots of attribute values out of DF and into something like Excel or SPSS, or even Word or Notepad.

I'm aware that Dwarf Therapist gives access to attribute values, but I have found no way of copy-pasting them, and manually transcribing them destroyed my frail arm. I also seem to recall Runesmith also having that functionality, but that's defunct now.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

dree12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: April 17, 2012, 07:23:04 pm »

I'm doing some work on attribute gains, changes, and decays, and need a quick way to export lots of attribute values out of DF and into something like Excel or SPSS, or even Word or Notepad.

I'm aware that Dwarf Therapist gives access to attribute values, but I have found no way of copy-pasting them, and manually transcribing them destroyed my frail arm. I also seem to recall Runesmith also having that functionality, but that's defunct now.

dwarfexport is what you want. Then, just write a script to process the XML to a csv and import it into Excel.

Tabithda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: April 17, 2012, 07:30:08 pm »

Whenever I use the empregnate tool in dfusion the game crashes after a step or two.  Does anyone know why it does this and of so how to fix it?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #1279 on: April 17, 2012, 10:52:52 pm »

OK guys, new release is out, along with a whole lot of new tools and improvements, many new automation tools included.

DFusion is now particularly cool. Anything the DFHack C++ plugins can access, you can access from LUA too. There's some serious power in that and you don't even need a compiler for it. Just remember that with great power comes great responsibility (it's still pretty much unchecked direct access to memory!) ;)

In the background, work continues on the external API and a possible OSX version.

DF2minecraft got removed again.

Recheck any bugs you ran into with 0.34.07-r1 and report them on github please.

See first post for downloads and news :)

Oh, and the dig designation commands got renamed to unify them a bit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: April 18, 2012, 12:35:58 am »

OK guys, new release is out, along with a whole lot of new tools and improvements, many new automation tools included.

DFusion is now particularly cool. Anything the DFHack C++ plugins can access, you can access from LUA too. There's some serious power in that and you don't even need a compiler for it. Just remember that with great power comes great responsibilitymass experiments that leads to arms coming back but turning into the lizard (it's still pretty much unchecked direct access to memory!) ;)

In the background, work continues on the external API and a possible OSX version.

DF2minecraft got removed again.

Recheck any bugs you ran into with 0.34.07-r1 and report them on github please.

See first post for downloads and news :)

Oh, and the dig designation commands got renamed to unify them a bit.
Fixed.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.34.07 r2
« Reply #1281 on: April 18, 2012, 12:37:18 am »

Ok, this seems like the newbest of newbish questions, but here goes: how do I run the terminal?

I haven't used dfhack since the legacy version.  I just downloaded 0.31.25-r9a (so that I can use the mapexport dll thewonderidiot wrote to jive with ogreseer) and I don't see an executable.  Am I missing something obvious?  Should/can I use an executable bundled with another release?
At last, she is done.

thewonderidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: April 18, 2012, 12:42:52 am »

Ok, this seems like the newbest of newbish questions, but here goes: how do I run the terminal?

I haven't used dfhack since the legacy version.  I just downloaded 0.31.25-r9a (so that I can use the mapexport dll thewonderidiot wrote to jive with ogreseer) and I don't see an executable.  Am I missing something obvious?  Should/can I use an executable bundled with another release?

Hey there! The information you seek is in the first post.  ;)

How to install DFHack:
  • First, get the archive meant for your system. Extract the contents into your DF folder.
  • On Windows, you're ready to use DFHack. An extra command line window should appear when you run DF.
  • On Linux, use the 'dfhack' script from a terminal to run DF with DFHack. If you have stonesense problems, you might have to get your own allegro 5 libraries and delete the ones in stonesense/deplibs.

If you do it right, you'll be prompted to overwrite SDL.dll, which you should do. After you've done that, simply running DF will cause the DFHack terminal to automagically pop up.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: April 18, 2012, 12:48:13 am »

Ah, and there we are.  Thanks for the obvious pointer!  Amazing what 15 hour work days do to your brain...
At last, she is done.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: April 18, 2012, 01:09:31 am »

oh guys you might want this in your commons if you want to run any of my future functions...
Code: [Select]
function getItemAtPos(x,y,z) -- gets the item index @ x,y,z coord
--local x,y,z=getxyz() --get 'X' coords
local vector=df.global.world.items.all -- load all items
for i = 0, #vector-1 do -- look into all items offsets
local curpos=vector[i].pos --get its coordinates
local cx=curpos.x
local cy=curpos.y
local cz=curpos.z
if cx==x and cy==y and cz==z then --compare them
return vector[i] --return index
end
end
--print("item not found!")
return nil

end
like this one which allows you to trap souls into items though this is mostly warmist code I just slightly modified.
Code: [Select]
function putInItem(item,unit)
if unit==nil then
unit=getCreatureAtPos(getxyz())
end
if item==nil then
item=getItemAtPos(getxyz())
end
for a,b in ipairs(df.global.world.items.all) do for c,d in ipairs(b.itemrefs) do end end
local u_ref=df.general_ref_contains_unitst:new()
u_ref.unit_id=unit.id
item.itemrefs:insert(#item.itemrefs,u_ref)

local u_cr_ref=df.general_ref_contained_in_itemst:new()
unit.flags1.caged=true
u_cr_ref.item_id=item.id
unit.refs:insert(#unit.refs,u_cr_ref)
end
tools.menu:add("Shove in bag",putInItem)

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

lukesleftleg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: April 18, 2012, 07:05:22 am »

I just noticed the new zone and autobutcher commands in the new release.

I haven't had a chance to play with them yet, and probably wont until later today, but I just wanted to say a big thank you to the DFhack team. Not only for the update, but also for taking requests on board so quickly.

Nice one guys :)

- EDIT -

And regrass is back as well! Even nicer :D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 09:01:52 am by lukesleftleg »

telarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: April 18, 2012, 09:15:09 am »

Looks like vdig didn't end up in this release for some reason.

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: April 18, 2012, 09:30:51 am »

Looks like vdig didn't end up in this release for some reason.

vdig was renamed to digv (all *dig commands are now called dig*)

Gahagan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: April 18, 2012, 09:42:50 am »

dwarfexport is what you want. Then, just write a script to process the XML to a csv and import it into Excel.

Where does dwarfexport place the XML file it generates? I'm not able to find it.

walberg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: April 18, 2012, 10:20:42 am »

Where does dwarfexport place the XML file it generates? I'm not able to find it.

If you just type dwarfexport, it responds with export <filename> (that help text should probably be fixed to reflect the fact that the tool name has changed). So you explicitly name where you want the file to go...
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 373