Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1247 1248 [1249] 1250 1251 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3853249 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Einsteinian Roulette
« Reply #18720 on: February 13, 2014, 08:47:24 am »

((Yeah, just like our competence!))

Wait for flesh response.
It waves you on.  Whatever the fuck that means.

The fleshhorror is controlled by a pygmy marmoset I keep in a jar and shake until he gives me coherent responses.

I have to shake him a lot sometimes.

YEAH, I KNOW YOU CAN SEE ME TYPING THIS. DON'T MAKE ME COME SHAKE MORE CHARACTER ACTION OUT OF YOU!

Hephaestus Defense Plan:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I added team starting positions. Ships start out at Airfield, drones should be up and scouting by beginning of mission. Didn't add mortars on rails since I assume their railsystem will just cover the entire base. Someone else can add those if PW wants that.

Also, map isn't fully to scale, the bunkers should be a little further out from base than shown on map (didn't wat a big map with a lot of whitespace).

PW, this is the updated map. Any problems with it? If not, confirm?

YOU WANT ONE OF THE BUNKERS HALF IN AND HALF OUT OF THE AURORA?  Also...what team is assigned to it? A?  Eh?

Looks ok to me. Still have to look at those things I copied yesterday.

Sometime when my body isn't so angry at me for being conscious.

"Ugghhh. All crew, regroup at the shaft. We're gonna start cutting into this thing in a bit, and I'd like to have as many people as possible ready to evacuate if this goes sour. If needed, hold the line as long as you can, but be smart about it. If you're going to be overrun, get out. Xan, leave a flamethrower at the membrane, just in case. Everyone got that?"

I think the real in character line would be "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA MY SPINE! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Re-evaluate my choice of route, be ready to climb.

don't fall.

Gotta take the not falling route. Dunno why you people keep taking the falling route. Need to put signs up or something.

((Actually many of us still took our weapons through. I'm at the top of the shaft with my Namite.))

Hoist up those who need lifting
Probably morul eventually but no one is moving him yet. I think. Hold on, give it a few posts.

Leave a flamethrower at the membrane? What do you mean?

"He means literally leave one of the flamethrowers here."

Felix, relieved at getting the chance to do something again, drops Morul's flamethrower in the little pile of weapons and proceeds through the tunnel until he is stopped or arrives at the top of the shaft.

"Whoa. That's quite the drop. They down there, then?" The last bit is aimed at Teal.

Oh. I don't have a flamethrower besides my flame sack and my amp.
((Yeah, just like our competence!))

Wait for flesh response.
[/glow]
Scratch this, go to the top of the shaft.

Top of the shaft to the bottom of the shaft, to the top of the shaft again. It's like puberty all over again.

Using the rope and assistance from teammates above, carefully raise Morul back to the tunnel. Stay below.
You are going up first, Morul. You should probably be evacuated to the Sword straight away, but that is up to you, leader; you're not about to die just yet.

((And I'm fairly sure there is no 'pile of weapons' lying on the ground, unspecified teammate(s) whom we gave our weapons still hold them for us, aren't they?

@GM Would getting slightly 'cuted with those electricity arcs damage the suit? ))
I'd force a roll but...fuck I want this to end sometime in this decade so.

You get morul back to the shaft and have him winched up by teal and co.

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Not slightly electrocuted. It would be fine. It's fine.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #18721 on: February 13, 2014, 10:45:53 am »

((Anything happening yet or are we still trying for a peaceful solution?))

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18722 on: February 13, 2014, 11:28:50 am »

The fleshhorror is controlled by a pygmy marmoset I keep in a jar and shake until he gives me coherent responses.

I have to shake him a lot sometimes.

YEAH, I KNOW YOU CAN SEE ME TYPING THIS. DON'T MAKE ME COME SHAKE MORE CHARACTER ACTION OUT OF YOU!
((fleshhorror offers you a grape))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18723 on: February 13, 2014, 01:16:26 pm »

YOU WANT ONE OF THE BUNKERS HALF IN AND HALF OUT OF THE AURORA?  Also...what team is assigned to it? A?  Eh?

NO, THAT WAS ME BEING DUMB, PLACE IT SOMEWHAT OUTSIDE THE AURORA.

That bunker doesn't have any team assigned to it. If needed team C will defend that one also (and we still have sniper squads and mobile defense to help us out if needed).

Also, these teams aren't really 'assigned' to the bunkers, rather they form a starting position. If the enemy attacks exclusively from the north, then we'll be pulling teams to that area.

Note about the lists: I added 3 more people (our newest players) to some attack teams because I forgot to add them. And Denzel is squad leader of team E now.
And I'm willing to bet a transistor that there will be more people crawling out of the woodwork asking to join the mission still, so expect the team roster to be updated.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 01:42:34 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #18724 on: February 13, 2014, 01:56:13 pm »

Contemplate eating other people with my teammates while I wait around for them to do the thing.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:24:51 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18725 on: February 13, 2014, 04:21:58 pm »

"Good to know. Got room for another rider Xan?"

Grab the flamethrower, and see about strapping myself/getting strapped to Xan if he agrees.

((We're going to climb up there, use an artifact possesed knife to cut out a portion of the fleshhorrors brain. And it's letting us. For now.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18726 on: February 13, 2014, 04:23:48 pm »

Likely, yes. I assume you broke your spine?

Allow Morul to be strapped to me.

((You still owe me a token for that by the way :P))
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 04:25:20 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18727 on: February 13, 2014, 04:29:00 pm »

"Among other things, yes. Minor amp accident."

((FFS man, I know. Might just wind up going "Want yer knife? *Stab* There ya go."))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18728 on: February 13, 2014, 04:33:58 pm »

((What does FFS mean, anyway?
Don't worry, I'm only gonna bug you IC.))
Sig! Onol

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18729 on: February 13, 2014, 04:36:39 pm »

((For Fucks Sake.))

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #18730 on: February 13, 2014, 04:39:50 pm »

(On Bay12, if it's lowercase then it means freeformschooler. An important distinction. :P)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18731 on: February 13, 2014, 04:40:58 pm »

((For Fucks Sake.))
((oooooooooohhhhhh))
Sig! Onol

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18732 on: February 14, 2014, 04:08:12 am »

Start climbing slowly and carefully toward the body. Don't take chances, work it out as safe and secure as possible. We're not in a hurry, are we?
Take advice on how and where to climb from Lyra, if possible.

Lyra, could you please guide my way to the body deep there?

((@Owner of the knife - BTW, would you be willing to sell it to Maurice for a couple of tokens? It appears exactly the right tool of my trade.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18733 on: February 14, 2014, 04:11:47 am »

"mrow"
Raise my right forepaw while maintaining eye contact with Maurice.

((Editing in action due to lack of communication))
assist Maurice by backseat driving pointing at good options for where he should go next.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 06:45:26 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18734 on: February 14, 2014, 11:25:51 am »

NO, THAT WAS ME BEING DUMB, PLACE IT SOMEWHAT OUTSIDE THE AURORA.

That bunker doesn't have any team assigned to it. If needed team C will defend that one also (and we still have sniper squads and mobile defense to help us out if needed).

Also, these teams aren't really 'assigned' to the bunkers, rather they form a starting position. If the enemy attacks exclusively from the north, then we'll be pulling teams to that area.

Note about the lists: I added 3 more people (our newest players) to some attack teams because I forgot to add them. And Denzel is squad leader of team E now.
And I'm willing to bet a transistor that there will be more people crawling out of the woodwork asking to join the mission still, so expect the team roster to be updated.
You mind throwing a link to those in your signature or somewhere it can be accessed easily since it will be changing often maybe? In fact..having all this stuff in one tread would be a good idea...Hmmm

"Good to know. Got room for another rider Xan?"

Grab the flamethrower, and see about strapping myself/getting strapped to Xan if he agrees.

((We're going to climb up there, use an artifact possesed knife to cut out a portion of the fleshhorrors brain. And it's letting us. For now.))
Likely, yes. I assume you broke your spine?

Allow Morul to be strapped to me.

((You still owe me a token for that by the way :P))
Much strapping and flamethrower grabbing commences. It's like a bondage party of pyromaniacs.

Which is something I've never been to....

Start climbing slowly and carefully toward the body. Don't take chances, work it out as safe and secure as possible. We're not in a hurry, are we?
Take advice on how and where to climb from Lyra, if possible.

Lyra, could you please guide my way to the body deep there?

((@Owner of the knife - BTW, would you be willing to sell it to Maurice for a couple of tokens? It appears exactly the right tool of my trade.))

I'm just gonna skip the climb roll. Because Time.

You're down there. You've got the knife.

Pages: 1 ... 1247 1248 [1249] 1250 1251 ... 1256