Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3860115 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette
« Reply #18705 on: February 12, 2014, 12:41:29 pm »

((I don't feel particularly safe considered my team name is team "Lemming".

Request that team name be changed to "Expendables"

Still better than lemmings, and confers our purpose on this mission!))
Yesssss
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #18706 on: February 12, 2014, 02:26:50 pm »

"Ughh.... I just had those bones set........."

Hand the Knife over to Maurice if he wants to have a go at cutting our teammate out.

((Amp no. Stahp. Mah bones.))

"Maurice! Take knife! Help. Pirate needs heal badly."

Climb over to my broken and bleeding teammate, and bite him if he isn't receiving medical aid.
((I think I readied up a climbing dynamic bonus back when Morul fell, and I've just been sitting on it.))
[Dex:2+1]
You start to climb down, slip, freak out and then scramble back up to where you started.

((These are team layouts. If you wanna switch, find someone to switch with, work it out among yourselves and tell PW. Team nicknames chosen at 'random'. Sure, one could go for more conventional or cooler animals, but where's the fun in that?))

@ PW: these are my final teams for planet defense. Confirm?

Spoiler: Team layouts (click to show/hide)

Map coming at a later date, presumably.
(Gonna put this up quickly. If anyone still wants to change stuff, fine, but you'll have to arrange it with PW yourself.

@ PW: this is what we'll spend our RU on. Confirm?

Gonna do teams next.
Copied and confirmed. I'll have to look at them all later. Probably this evening. Should be fine as long as everything adds up.

((Technically they were +3 dynamic bonuses, but yeah I was being cheesy.))

Cousin, if we were to proceed back to where our teammates are, would you attempt to halt us as you did before?

Ask flesh.

Spoiler: Xan (click to show/hide)
Flesh asked. Waiting for response.

((Sweet, Im part of team aye-aye! Maybe I should paint its face over my helmet to try and freak people out. Still not as good as a honey badger though.))

Keep waiting to pull people up. Talk to Teal while waiting.

So bub, what'd you do to get put into the HMRC/ARM?
[Nonchalant whistling intensifies.]

Take the knife and see to the injured teammate. Is he wearing Mk II? Does he need immediate extraction?
Kneeling above Morul for quick medical examination, Maurice cast a side glance to the approaching cat girl.
I believe biting through his suit in hostile environment might be the wrong idea.
((Team Marabou, good. Everyone knows names beginning with M bring good luck in ER. :P ))
You take the knife, and carefully stick it into your bag using some cloth so you don't touch it, even indirectly.

Maurice has no life threatening injuries but he does have damage to his back and legs; probably crushed vertebra. It would probably be a good idea to get him out of here before cutting starts; just in case cutting causes the sort of reaction that necessitates running. 

TRIPLEPASS

I'd hate to see Teal in that halfshirt neon orange suspender get up.

Wasn't the expendables kinda not very good as a series and mostly coasting on the fact it had a bunch of action stars in various stages of petrification?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18707 on: February 12, 2014, 03:03:22 pm »

((Yeah, just like our competence!))

Wait for flesh response.
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18708 on: February 12, 2014, 03:24:15 pm »

((@Miyamoto: I would just like to say that I would feel a lot safer about being in the boarding team if we put some RU in either disabling their point defenses or creating decoys or better armored boarding pods.))
Heh, more people addressing me as my character. Anyways, I'm pretty sure we (the players) only needed to concern us with defending the base/repelling the invasion, while Steve will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that boarding action works out. Also, I really don't feel like rebalancing the budget, and we've already passed our deadline. But if you can work it out with Sean and his ships, and provide me with a copy-pastable something, I'd be ok with it, and you'd just have to work it out with PW.

((Request denied, it doesn't fit with my naming scheme (ridiculous and ugly animals).

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18709 on: February 12, 2014, 03:28:56 pm »

((@Miyamoto: I would just like to say that I would feel a lot safer about being in the boarding team if we put some RU in either disabling their point defenses or creating decoys or better armored boarding pods.))
Heh, more people addressing me as my character. Anyways, I'm pretty sure we (the players) only needed to concern us with defending the base/repelling the invasion, while Steve will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that boarding action works out. Also, I really don't feel like rebalancing the budget, and we've already passed our deadline. But if you can work it out with Sean and his ships, and provide me with a copy-pastable something, I'd be ok with it, and you'd just have to work it out with PW.

((Request denied, it doesn't fit with my naming scheme (ridiculous and ugly animals).

((I take it ThunderTron is assigned to the Team I'm in due to me being the pilot?))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18710 on: February 12, 2014, 03:53:37 pm »

((I take it ThunderTron is assigned to the Team I'm in due to me being the pilot?))

((Indeed, the suicide9000 is assigned to you, and hence, that squad))

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #18711 on: February 12, 2014, 03:54:19 pm »

((Indeed, the suicide9000 is assigned to you, and hence, that squad))

((Exceleent.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18712 on: February 12, 2014, 04:30:37 pm »

Hephaestus Defense Plan:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I added team starting positions. Ships start out at Airfield, drones should be up and scouting by beginning of mission. Didn't add mortars on rails since I assume their railsystem will just cover the entire base. Someone else can add those if PW wants that.

Also, map isn't fully to scale, the bunkers should be a little further out from base than shown on map (didn't wat a big map with a lot of whitespace).

PW, this is the updated map. Any problems with it? If not, confirm?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 05:36:46 pm by Radio Controlled »

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18713 on: February 12, 2014, 05:55:22 pm »

"Ugghhh. All crew, regroup at the shaft. We're gonna start cutting into this thing in a bit, and I'd like to have as many people as possible ready to evacuate if this goes sour. If needed, hold the line as long as you can, but be smart about it. If you're going to be overrun, get out. Xan, leave a flamethrower at the membrane, just in case. Everyone got that?"
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18714 on: February 12, 2014, 07:26:06 pm »

Re-evaluate my choice of route, be ready to climb.

don't fall.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18715 on: February 12, 2014, 07:27:45 pm »

Leave a flamethrower at the membrane? What do you mean?
Sig! Onol

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18716 on: February 12, 2014, 07:33:28 pm »

((Actually many of us still took our weapons through. I'm at the top of the shaft with my Namite.))

Hoist up those who need lifting
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #18717 on: February 12, 2014, 09:46:40 pm »

Leave a flamethrower at the membrane? What do you mean?

"He means literally leave one of the flamethrowers here."

Felix, relieved at getting the chance to do something again, drops Morul's flamethrower in the little pile of weapons and proceeds through the tunnel until he is stopped or arrives at the top of the shaft.

"Whoa. That's quite the drop. They down there, then?" The last bit is aimed at Teal.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18718 on: February 12, 2014, 11:49:02 pm »

Oh. I don't have a flamethrower besides my flame sack and my amp.
((Yeah, just like our competence!))

Wait for flesh response.
[/glow]
Scratch this, go to the top of the shaft.
Sig! Onol

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18719 on: February 13, 2014, 06:41:13 am »

Using the rope and assistance from teammates above, carefully raise Morul back to the tunnel. Stay below.
You are going up first, Morul. You should probably be evacuated to the Sword straight away, but that is up to you, leader; you're not about to die just yet.

((And I'm fairly sure there is no 'pile of weapons' lying on the ground, unspecified teammate(s) whom we gave our weapons still hold them for us, aren't they?

@GM Would getting slightly 'cuted with those electricity arcs damage the suit? ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 1246 1247 [1248] 1249 1250 ... 1256