Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 879

Author Topic: Things that made you laugh today: some people notice when 1 change the title  (Read 1560491 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you laugh today: 5678 luaghs and counting
« Reply #5475 on: April 18, 2016, 03:31:52 pm »

Is it worth summarizing for us?
Well, a few party leaders called the current government "república da jararaca" (republic of the bothrops). Jararaca is often used as a insult to females. There were duputies pushing each other around 13 minutes into the (9-hour long) session. The president of the chamber got called a crook pretty much at every opportunity (he is one, though), and when it was his turn to vote pretty much everyone jeered.

A bunch of deputies, including a few pastors, kept going on and on how their vote was with the blessing of God. A few even said it was for the "evangelical nation" and the "traditional brazilian family".

Deputy Paulo Maluf (WANTED BY INTERPOL) appeared from nowhere, cast his vote (full quote: "yes"), and disappeared back into the ether.

There were two deputies that stood for most of the session behind the voting booth making various silly faces. Another took out his phone, put a picture of (I assume, since he said that was the justification for his vote) his granddaughter and waved at the camera while pointing at it.

It went on. I'll try to find a video, so you can at least see the idiots even if you can't comprehend them.

EDIT: this video is beyond shitty in quality, but it's the only nearly-complete one I've found.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 03:37:20 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5476 on: April 18, 2016, 05:53:12 pm »

So, Brazil.

Seems like you're buggered six ways from Sunday irrespective of what happens in the impeachment process. I think the next 3 or 4 guys in line for the presidency (interim) are all accused of some nasty shit too.

Either Brazilian politics is really bad, or you guys have a lot to learn about hiding corruption :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #5478 on: April 18, 2016, 05:59:05 pm »

Quote from: Teneb link=topic=139883.msg6944331#msg6944331
Deputy Paulo Maluf (WANTED BY INTERPOL) appeared from nowhere, cast his vote (full quote: "yes"), and disappeared back into the ether.
What.
Like, how do you even... like appear publicly before cameras while being wanted by Interpol and then just... dissapear?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5479 on: April 18, 2016, 06:02:01 pm »

What.
Like, how do you even... like appear publicly before cameras while being wanted by Interpol and then just... dissapear?
Uh...How...What even is this?

And I thought Trump was bad.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5480 on: April 18, 2016, 06:03:18 pm »

Everything Brasil touches becomes corruption. It's like a really shitty Midas touch.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5481 on: April 18, 2016, 06:04:31 pm »

Everything Brasil touches becomes corruption. It's like a really shitty Midas touch.
Because everything goes to crap?  [rimshot]
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #5482 on: April 18, 2016, 06:11:34 pm »

Brazil is Corruption, Mexico is Crimson, Canada is Hallowed.
Jamaica is the Mushroom-place, the Ocean is the West Coast and the dungeon is obviously some sort of English torture chamber for good patriots.
Hell is other people, with the Wall of Flesh representing the tons of American blubber you encounter on a daily basis.

Terraria has actually always been an America simulator.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5483 on: April 18, 2016, 06:15:27 pm »

Who is Forest, who is Desert/Beach?
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Calidovi

• Bay Watcher
  • agnus dei
    • View Profile
« Reply #5484 on: April 18, 2016, 06:22:36 pm »

You think I thought about my spiel before I typed it?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5485 on: April 18, 2016, 06:23:18 pm »

A little?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5486 on: April 18, 2016, 06:24:18 pm »

A little?
Maaaaybe?
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5487 on: April 18, 2016, 06:56:57 pm »

Quote from: Teneb link=topic=139883.msg6944331#msg6944331
He walked out of the crowd, voted, and back in. Probably went back into hiding with his son (also wanted).

And it's no so much as the system being made of pure corruption rather than it being started by people who were already corrupt (the republic was created when former slave-owners, pissed that their slaves were freed by abolishing slavery, buddied up with the military (pissed because they didn't get more than a "thank you" after the war of paraguay) and overthrew the empire). It's pretty much pure stupidity as far as the eye can see, since you had communists saying they were voting honoring the memory of Getúlio Vargas, a fascist.

I forgot to mention a scene where Jair Bolsonaro, during his vote, praised the commander of the repression organization of the military dictatorship... also known as the man who tortured the current president. He got spat on. Literally. Another deputy walked up and spat on him.

You northern fellas and your Trump got nothin' on us.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #5488 on: April 18, 2016, 10:52:10 pm »

What about Central America?
Sky islands.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #5489 on: April 18, 2016, 11:57:24 pm »

Saw the weirdest Skyrim bug I've yet to see.
Walk-splored my way down from Riften to a dwarf ruin that the quest target was pointing me to.

Finally get there, almost die to the ascendant conjurer guarding the entrance.

Playing with immersion mods, notice Dragonborn is hungry.

Pop a baked potato in mouth, animation bugs out, plays "throwing lumber" animation instead of eating animation...then opens a door. While I'm not near a door.

Magic glitchdoor leads to main entrance of Riften.

Playing with fast travel disabled.

GG Skyrim, but I saved before the fight so no progress lost.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 ... 364 365 [366] 367 368 ... 879