Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7277 7278 [7279] 7280 7281 ... 10987

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 13420627 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #109170 on: September 12, 2016, 03:20:00 pm »

An insane pro-Northern Irish troll vandalized my random generator piratepad. Thankfully, the insanely cool Person caught it and revised it, but still...

WTF.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109171 on: September 12, 2016, 03:22:51 pm »

Or you could just use a toaster oven like a sensible person.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #109172 on: September 12, 2016, 03:32:24 pm »

There's nothing sensible about toaster ovens.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #109173 on: September 12, 2016, 04:00:44 pm »

Sure there is! They're the best of both a toaster and a microwave, and insanely easy to use.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #109174 on: September 12, 2016, 04:04:15 pm »

A conventional oven, then? :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109175 on: September 12, 2016, 04:08:28 pm »

Two nights ago Mothra decided to take up residence in my bedroom. She's hiding in the drop ceiling and only comes out to harass me at night. Please send help.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109176 on: September 12, 2016, 04:09:14 pm »

Sure there is! They're the best of both a toaster and a microwave, and insanely easy to use.
They smell like heresy to me.  As someone who, to manage poor impulse control, owns neither.
Delicious, decadent heresy...

So uh...
There's a dog in the apartment next to mine.  A few days before I left on this week-long trip, it... kinda spent all day barking and howling.  Literally for hours.  I'm pretty sure it's barking constantly while they're away at work.
Soon I was satisfied that someone wasn't directly *harming* the dog.  The poor thing is super distressed, constantly switching up its howls and yips from desperation, sometimes taking as much as half an hour to rest...

But, jeez.  I can live with the noise I guess, but should I do something?  This cannot be good for the dog.  Oh and it's still happening after I came back from a week-long trip, so *that's* really disturbing me.

Kinda surprised anyone has a dog, these apartments are pretty small.  Lots of cats around, not so many dogs.

Two nights ago Mothra decided to take up residence in my bedroom. She's hiding in the drop ceiling and only comes out to harass me at night. Please send help.
Godzilla deployed, citizen.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #109177 on: September 12, 2016, 04:12:13 pm »

Some dogs are just like that, I think. There was a dog that lived above my last apartment that did more or less the same thing over the course of an entire year.

Which was real fucking annoying.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109178 on: September 12, 2016, 05:06:45 pm »

Ours does that anytime we're in a car ride and someone gets out. She becomes the most anxious, weepy little whore. This is one of my main complaints with all dogs in general.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109179 on: September 12, 2016, 05:08:02 pm »

An insane pro-Northern Irish troll vandalized my random generator piratepad. Thankfully, the insanely cool Person caught it and revised it, but still...

WTF.

That's, uh. Is this person someone you know? That is some beautifully dedicated vandalism right there. Tempted to start generating on the vandalized version of the list.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109180 on: September 12, 2016, 06:40:58 pm »

Could you post pics?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #109181 on: September 12, 2016, 06:48:42 pm »

They smell like heresy to me.  As someone who, to manage poor impulse control, owns neither.
Delicious, decadent heresy...

So uh...
There's a dog in the apartment next to mine.  A few days before I left on this week-long trip, it... kinda spent all day barking and howling.  Literally for hours.  I'm pretty sure it's barking constantly while they're away at work.
Soon I was satisfied that someone wasn't directly *harming* the dog.  The poor thing is super distressed, constantly switching up its howls and yips from desperation, sometimes taking as much as half an hour to rest...

But, jeez.  I can live with the noise I guess, but should I do something?  This cannot be good for the dog.  Oh and it's still happening after I came back from a week-long trip, so *that's* really disturbing me.

Kinda surprised anyone has a dog, these apartments are pretty small.  Lots of cats around, not so many dogs.

Godzilla deployed, citizen.

My dog does that whenever he's locked in the house. It's a combination of him really hating being in a crate and him being far too stupid to work out that we'll come back home at some point. Every time we shut the door, he's convinced we mean to leave him forever to starve in a metal box for the rest of eternity... or that we mean to take him for a walk.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #109182 on: September 12, 2016, 07:11:59 pm »

Toaster ovens are excellent because they can take a pile of stale bread and barely-still-good meat and cheese and turn it into delicious melty goodness.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109183 on: September 12, 2016, 07:17:51 pm »

Unless you want to cook a large amount of meat or do some serious baking, toaster ovens can do pretty much anything a full-sized conventional oven can do. Along with toaster duties, of course.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109184 on: September 12, 2016, 07:18:11 pm »

My cat caught this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acherontia_atropos

Most well-known for it's feature role in silence of the lambs.

They are frigging huge. I thought the cat had caught a bird at first. It also squaked /chirped pretty loudly. That didn't last long though. First time I ever saw one in my life. They're very, very rare over here in the Netherlands. Even moreso this late in the year. But hey, we're getting tropical temperatures for another week, so nothing surprises me anymore. We're heading towards a year that has an average temperature of well over 5 degrees over the norm. We've had two full months that were even 10 degrees warmer than they should be.

I do sometimes think that global warming has progressed further already than we're being lead to believe.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 ... 7277 7278 [7279] 7280 7281 ... 10987