Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38

Author Topic: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (7/7). Turn 56: Too Splendid  (Read 68562 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6/6). Turn 48: Sacrifice to Armok
« Reply #495 on: October 28, 2017, 08:47:55 pm »

Secrets

Spoiler: Secrets (click to show/hide)
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 31, 2017, 07:24:35 pm »

Apparently OceanSoul's last post was October 21 or such.

I'm willing to take a replacement for his character now, or we can just go on if I don't get anyone.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 02, 2017, 08:16:09 pm »

Turn 49: Malfunctioning Generator and the Great Prelude

INIT:
NAV/Dave Blade(11)
Person/Raphael(72)
Willpower!(5-1=4) (6, 5 = 0, 4 = 10, 3 = 20, 2 = 30, 1 = 40, 0 = nope)
Burned Manticore(66-10=56)
Dancing Grape Golem(54-30=24)
GigaGiant/Capko Eagleson(89-20=69)
Yottawhat/Willam A. Drango(83)
ATHATH/Spoopy(52-20=52 and 32)
Edgar(91)

Edgar, Raphael's mysterious minion, retreated at Raphael's order and began to do things in secret...
Spoiler: Person/Raphael Only (click to show/hide)

William A. Drango continued firing.
"What do you do!"

Giving my gun a good shake before firing it at Capko again.

Bam!(3, 1 = 1) vs. Dodge!(1)

Capko didn't bother to dodge. He had the fog. William didn't have time for him to wait for the fog to clear, and fired.... and missed, terribly.

Raphael was charging at Spoopy.
Secrets which amount to charging Spoopy.

Katana!(3) vs. Dodge!(3)

Spoopy struck out with his dagger, parrying the lazy katana strike, barely.

Capko Eagleson tried a new strategy.
Throw my mace at William, if I am still capable of letting go of it.

If I am not capable/willing to let go of the mace, then rush William, tackle him to the ground, and hit the ground beside us with the mace to cause the fog to start shredding us both. Keep him pinned.

Capko whirled around, and threw his greatest weapon at William.

Mace Throw!(3+1=4) vs. Dodge!(2)

William got a mace to the chest as a result of the completely unexpected strategy Capko used!

Mace Hit!(4+1=5) vs. Resist!(5)

It would have been devastating if William hadn't smiled and caught the mace by the handle.

Fog Resist!(1)

William's smile vanished when the cutting fog exploded around him and actually started to hurt.

Willpower!(3-1=2)

William realized the mace's deadly trap. The fog cut at his mind as well as his body. He felt like he belonged to the Cult of the Foggy Mace. There was no need to fight Capko, Capko was his rightful leader. William pushed away the thoughts, but they still lingered, pushing back. If the fog cut him again, he wouldn't have much choice in the matter.

The Manticore continued its trek.
Quote from: Manticore
Almost there...

The Manticore walked into the desert, and buried itself in its favorite den. It needed to heal...

Spoopy smiled. It was too late to stop him!
Exchange the scythe of fear and the potion belt for a piece of Tier 2 loot.

Stab anyone that tries to kill me.

Spoopy took the useful but not powerful scythe and the useless potions belt and tossed them into the pit!

A spear shot out of the pit and lodged itself into the ground at his feet. It wasn't the most normal of spears, even for the loot generator(Piratepad is down, so I tried an alternate generation approach this time... it went interestingly). It was decorated with emoji and had a price tag attached.

Spoopy realized that he had three tier 2 loot, and could combine them into a tier 3 loot if he desired...

The Dancing Grape Golem noticed Dave Blade running back to the forest, and followed!

Dave Blade realized that there was loot he had not acquired!
Instead of chasing Spoopy, Dave Blade sprints back to the forest and scoops up the gooey remains of the gauntlet that possessed the manticore into his hammerspace.
He also reloads his vomit frog shotgun.

Pursued by his Dancing Grape Golem, Dave Blade ran back into the woods and claimed a melted gauntlet, good for no use but fusion.

Dave slotted two shells back into his shotgun. He was ready to rock. Fusion time, perhaps...
~~~
The ground began to rumble, and the rumble grew ever stronger. Something big was coming.

The only question was whether or not Blue, entrapped within the golden replacement bubble, would see it.

~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Manticore (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Capko Eagleson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: William A. Drango (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spoopy The Skeleton (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue The Third (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes(especially with the statuses), please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing. Expect something special turn 50. Like, game-changing.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, I had already realized that I had enough loot to make a piece of Tier 3 loot before making my previous action, but I wanted to test out/check out the piece of Tier 2 loot before doing so.

Attempt to determine the properties of the spear. Can it influence the facial expressions of others? Can it make others more susceptible to bribery? Can it perform copyright strikes on my foes?

If I can't find any magical-seeming properties, chuck the spear into the pit with my other two pieces of Tier 2 loot in order to forge a mighty piece of Tier 3 loot. Test out the properties of said piece of Tier 3 loot, and keep Person from getting his grubby mitts on it (or the loot that I throw into the pit).

Also, casually roundhouse kick the guy that's attacking me if he keeps trying to attack me (directly (hitting me) or indirectly (ordering his minion to hit me)), and watch out for that demon-minion-guy.

Why haven't we made the loot pit a safe/neutral zone yet?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile

Using my authority as the leader of the Cult of the Foggy Mace, order William to become my follower and return the mace to me, its rightful owner. If this fails, rush William and try to steal back my mace.
Insert witty signature here

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

To The Pit. Try to go to the least busy side of the pit.
Sacrifice the music hatchet and bolo for a tier 2, sacrifice the vomit frog shotgun, wand of hearts and horseshoes, and ravaged friend gauntlet for a tier 3.
Anyone who tries to interfere gets you know incinerated by fire breath and deafened by a chainsaw and slashed by a chainsaw and slashed by a katana by a dancing grape golem.

Why haven't we made the loot pit a safe/neutral zone yet?
I'm pretty sure the pit is there to encourage conflict.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile

Shoot at Capko in the torso.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Keep slashing at spoopy.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Turn 50!: Frogbear, Oranges, Mutual Brainwashing Failure

INIT:
NAV/Dave Blade(4)
Person/Raphael(82)
Dancing Grape Golem(7)
GigaGiant/Capko Eagleson(33-20=13)
Yottawhat/Willam A. Drango(57)
ATHATH/Spoopy(98)
Edgar(54)

Spoopy noticed Raphael charging him, but it was too late! ... or at least it would have been if Spoopy aimed to sacrifice immediately.
Yeah, I had already realized that I had enough loot to make a piece of Tier 3 loot before making my previous action, but I wanted to test out/check out the piece of Tier 2 loot before doing so.

Attempt to determine the properties of the spear. Can it influence the facial expressions of others? Can it make others more susceptible to bribery? Can it perform copyright strikes on my foes?

If I can't find any magical-seeming properties, chuck the spear into the pit with my other two pieces of Tier 2 loot in order to forge a mighty piece of Tier 3 loot. Test out the properties of said piece of Tier 3 loot, and keep Person from getting his grubby mitts on it (or the loot that I throw into the pit).

Also, casually roundhouse kick the guy that's attacking me if he keeps trying to attack me (directly (hitting me) or indirectly (ordering his minion to hit me)), and watch out for that demon-minion-guy.

Intuition!(4)

Spoopy figured the spear might have an effect based on stabbing someone. Items often had effects related to their purpose, after all. How was he supposed to test that?

Well, there was a decent test subject charging right at him...

Stab!(6) vs. Dodge!(1)

Impale!(4, 2 = 4) vs. Resist!(6)

Raphael panicked as he noticed Spoopy line up a shot directly to his heart, and raised his arm. His scarf saved him a lot of harm, but took damage itself.

No magical properties seemed to emerge... Spoopy turned to the pit, but Raphael had other plans in mind!

Distracted?!(5)

Raphael quickly calmed himself. He needed to stop Spoopy from sacrificing his loot!
Keep slashing at spoopy.

Slash!(2) vs. Dodge!(1)

Spoopy didn't even notice Raphael continue his attack. That was the only reason Raphael's horribly aimed slash hit.

Slash!(5+1=6) vs. Resist!(5)

Could it really be called a hit, however? Spoopy got a small gash on his back for his trouble, and it didn't seem to slow him down at all.

Spoopy took the crossbow, the spear, and the chalice in his hands, and tossed them all into the pit.

The second piece of Tier 3 loot emerged. ((Well shoot, the aspects list still isn't working. Well, deadEarth mutations table it is!))

Spoopy looked at the frogbear. The frogbear stared right back. Well then. Spoopy did note that the bear had a changeable quality to it, like he could pick a word and use it to improve the loot...

William A. Drango needed to finish off his opponent fast before he succumbed to his power!
Shoot at Capko in the torso.

William moved out of the cutting fog, then lined up a shot on Capko.

Bang!(1, 6 = 6) vs. Dodge!(1)

The bullet hit Capko in the torso.

Bang!(2, 5 = 5) vs. Resist!(4-2=2)

It hit something important, but Capko certainly wasn't finished...

Willpower!(4-1-1=2)

Suddenly, the tables turned on Capko, as he realized the power and beauty of the revolver that had shot him! But perhaps the mace was more beautiful?

Edgar was doing secret things... which Raphael no longer had any vision of.

Capko Eagleson, though his own will was being weakened, sought to dominate another's will.

Using my authority as the leader of the Cult of the Foggy Mace, order William to become my follower and return the mace to me, its rightful owner. If this fails, rush William and try to steal back my mace.

Command!(1) vs. Resist!(3-2=1)

Capko opened his mouth and coughed up blood. William's mind was open, weak, any command would have worked, but no command? That was different. Failing that, he charged William!

Grab!(3) vs. Dodge!(3)

Capko charged, and barely missed the mace which was his!

Dancing Grape Golem stood guard!

Dave Blade made haste to the side of the pit where Spoopy wasn't, and started sacrifices!
To The Pit. Try to go to the least busy side of the pit.
Sacrifice the music hatchet and bolo for a tier 2, sacrifice the vomit frog shotgun, wand of hearts and horseshoes, and ravaged friend gauntlet for a tier 3.
Anyone who tries to interfere gets you know incinerated by fire breath and deafened by a chainsaw and slashed by a chainsaw and slashed by a katana by a dancing grape golem.

In went the hatchet, in went the bolo. Dave would take his Tier 2!

... ((I'm using Flabort's aspects list now.))

A cutlass shot out of the pit and embedded itself in the ground by Dave Blade's feet. But there was still greater to come...

In went the shotgun, in went the wand, in went the useless gauntlet for a Tier 3 loot, the third ever made...

A sack of oranges, pink and purple in color plopped itself down by Dave Blade's feet.

((I may need to adjust how I use Flabort's aspects list, that was brutal.))
~~~
The ground began to rumble. The ground began to crack. The island started splitting in pieces. Stay tuned for turn 51.5, detailing the map's new configuration!
~~~
Statuses:
Spoiler: Dave Blade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raphael (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Capko Eagleson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: William A. Drango (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Spoopy The Skeleton (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blue The Third (click to show/hide)

If you notice any mistakes(especially with the statuses), please let me know. This also applies if you have any tips for improving my writing.
Generic Arms Race.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile

Okay, what the hell.  Do I have some sort of weird meta loot that takes attributes from other loots? If so, niiiiiice.

Tell Capko to stand down and focus on keeping pressure on his chest wounds to slow down the bleeding.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You may want to wait on actions until you see the new map configuration, which I'm going to post now.
~~~
The world had reshaped itself into four islands, a North Island, a South Island, a West Island, and an East Island. The loot sacrificing pit was nowhere to be found, but sooner or later it would return...

Dave Blade and the Dancing Grape Golem found themselves on the South Island.

Raphael and his minion Edgar found themselves on the North Island.

Capko Eagleson was separated from his fight, finding himself on the South Island.

William A. Drango found himself on the West Island.

Spoopy the Skeleton and his minion the Frogbear found himself on the South Island.

Blue the Inactive found himself on the East Island, though he certainly wasn't conscious enough to know it.

Rich Maximilian McMoneybags, the homeless man, found themselves on the North Island, holding a javelin spear with what looked like a progress bar on the side, with four sections.

Yes I did just add an additional player to the game. The game's a bit more spread out now, after all.
~~~
So let me explain some gameplay mechanics adjustments.

First up: the pit is gone. It won't be gone forever, but the good news is you don't need it to fuse lower-level loot. Just take a corpse, spill its blood over the loot you want to fuse, and presto! This can only fuse loot into Tier 2 or Tier 3. Each corpse can only be used once, though. For higher level fusions, you'll need the loot fusion pit which will eventually return, with a few new features! When the pit does appear, I expect a bloodbath. After all, you don't need corpses to fuse using the pit, and the pit can handle lower level fusions just as easily as higher level fusions.

Secondly, travel between islands is completely possible! If you don't have some means of flight or teleportation, there's always the Archways, one per island. Sacrificing a corpse to an Archway will enable you to travel to a different island of your choice. If you don't have any corpses spare, you can substitute a piece of loot, allowing you to use the Archway system a number of times equal to the loot's tier plus one.

Thirdly: there are dungeons on the islands, one per island. Dangerous, but with great rewards. I won't spoil it.

I'm completely open to feedback on this change, and open to feedback on the other change I've had to make: switching the aspects list over to Flabort's list. Piratepad isn't working for some reason, so I had to use a substitute. Note this may lead to additional hilarity and complexity of loot. In the time between Fniff's list and Flabort's list, I generated two pieces of loot, one of which was sacrificed(the emoji spear, generated using the Out of Context Quotes Thread) and the other of which still exists under ATHATH's command(the frogbear, generated using the DeadEarth mutations list).

"Now get back to murder. I don't care who, as long as you're killing something."
~~~
Oh, you want island descriptions, so you know what's around you?

The North Island is a rocky wasteland covered in chainsaws, most nonfunctional and perhaps a rare few functional and then some. Odds are there's a snake or two you can see and loads more you can't.

The South Island is a metal construction, clockwork chainsaws sticking out of everything, still going. Less comprehensible are the Genghis Khan statues sculpted out of cupcakes and icing.

The East Island is a junkyard of power tools bound together with bonds of logic.

The West Island is a giant office building, floating in the void. Despite the lighting, the shadows are unnaturally thick and could probably easily hide someone. Then of course there are the streams of fruit juice.
~~~
Generic Arms Race.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6?/7). Turn 50.5: Reconstruction of the World
« Reply #506 on: November 06, 2017, 09:50:27 pm »

Reload my (meta?) revolver and tap it against my broken longbow, see if it changes or takes an aspect from the bow.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Looter's Delight 2! (6?/7). Turn 50.5: Reconstruction of the World
« Reply #507 on: November 07, 2017, 12:06:06 am »

Tear off part of my clothes and use them as bandages for my chest wound. If that doesn't work, then search nearby for anything that can be used as bandages. If that doesn't work out, then as a last ditch effort, approach one of the cupcake statues and lick it while hoping that it heals me.
Insert witty signature here

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 07, 2017, 02:19:37 am »

Give my bearfrog the "omnipotent" quality, then have it give me godhood.

Regardless of whether or not the above succeeds, have a nice chat with the bearfrog. What is its name?

Then head to the South Island's dungeon.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 07, 2017, 11:35:39 am »

"Finally a small reprieve."
PM loot testing.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 38