Poll

What is your preferred system?

Any D&D/D20
Shadowrun
World of Darkness
Palladium
Other (feel free to post about it)

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 623

Author Topic: Re: Dungeons & Dragons / PNP games thread: COBRA!!!  (Read 844730 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Dungeons & Dragons (and Pathfinder), share your experiences.
« Reply #1500 on: January 29, 2016, 09:05:31 pm »

This site is pretty helpful, but some of the other things you'll need to go to other places for. so basically google "d&d 5e [whatever you need]" like i've been doing
I can't believe how many races there are for pony characters on that site. There's more ponies than non-ponies O_o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: January 29, 2016, 09:06:46 pm »

what the actual fuck is this shit

A Third-Party-Publisher race. If it helps, there is a rework of the Pathfinder system that runs along a similar theme. Probably because it is the same publisher.

I still find it kind of funny that Paizo sells 3pp products for their own game. Which in itself started as 3pp to D&D 3.5ed.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: January 29, 2016, 09:08:38 pm »

Oh. Oh my god. I had no idea. I.. I've touched the realm of evil...
Black lives matter.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: January 29, 2016, 09:18:04 pm »

This site is pretty helpful, but some of the other things you'll need to go to other places for. so basically google "d&d 5e [whatever you need]" like i've been doing
I can't believe how many races there are for pony characters on that site. There's more ponies than non-ponies O_o
I can't believe how OP the Unicorns are. Advantage on a Skill, replacing Str with Int and a threatened area of 30 feet?
But that said, that Gearforged race has some awesome flavor. Different publisher, though.
what the actual fuck is this shit
A Third-Party-Publisher race. If it helps, there is a rework of the Pathfinder system that runs along a similar theme. Probably because it is the same publisher.
I found their website. They're selling a pony-campaign setting for $40.
I have no words.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: January 29, 2016, 09:25:22 pm »

There's a 5e wiki that seems legal.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: January 29, 2016, 09:36:30 pm »

I can't believe how OP the Unicorns are. Advantage on a Skill, replacing Str with Int and a threatened area of 30 feet?
But that said, that Gearforged race has some awesome flavor. Different publisher, though.

If you can't have your special-snowflake fetish content be overpowered why have it at all, amirite? Probably for the best that they gave that INT->STR and 30' threatened area (on a Medium creature? ahahahahahahahahahaha) to something so widely reviled, else it'd have to percolate onto every DM's ban list over the course of the next few years.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: January 29, 2016, 09:41:07 pm »

Damn, that's silly.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: January 29, 2016, 10:04:21 pm »

Yeah, it's like... that was a major class feature for the Swashbuckler (and one of the things that helped make it viable... as part of a single tier 3-4 multiclass build) when it was only INT->STR for bonus damage, only with finesse weapons, only against things not immune to precision damage,  only when wearing light armor, and only when carrying a light load or less. And they just tack it on to a race with a bunch of other heavy advantages without any apparent drawbacks. Fuckin' obsessive fanboys.

Ahahajesush, I read the rest of the page.

In addition to already listed stuff, let's count it off:

Free +1 CON
Base speed 40ft
150% carry weight
Advantage on rolls to avoid falling prone
Free language

OH LOOK THEY'RE TREATED AS SMALL FOR WIELDING WEAPONS, WHAT A DRAWBACK  ::)

At least only that one sub-race is stupid. By the by it also eliminates the one downside to this pile of shit.

Oh, and the 30' isn't just your threatened area . That's also the range for your free unlimited telekinesis. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: January 29, 2016, 10:06:37 pm »

Pony Rogue with Assassin subclass
Black lives matter.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: January 29, 2016, 10:08:03 pm »

OhArmokandtheEmperorPURGETHISHERESY.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: January 29, 2016, 10:18:36 pm »

Oh, and the 30' isn't just your threatened area . That's also the range for your free unlimited telekinesis. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
From what I see, there's no reason you can't make a Attack of Opportunity from that range. Sure, the distinction between "Reach and the Telekinesis is there, but it could be made to work.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: January 29, 2016, 10:19:50 pm »

OhArmokandtheEmperorPURGETHISHERESY.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: That was bigger than I thought, spoilering.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: January 29, 2016, 10:22:24 pm »

Here's a random thought I've had. I think that for the purposes of critical hit confirmation rolls the size modifiers to attack roll and ac should be inverted; the negative ones should be positive and the positive ones should be negative. So a very small creature would have trouble confirming a critical on a very large creature but a very large creature would have a quite easy time confirming a critical against that very small creature.

My reasoning is this, a smaller creature is going to be hacking at a larger creature's shins, they're going to have trouble reaching any vital organ (with the possible exception of the femoral artery if the opponent has one of those). Meanwhile, a large creature wielding a weapon larger than it's opponent is going to come close to hitting all the vital organs every time it lands a blow.

-------------------------------

I'm just walking into this thread right now to ask if anyone has any upcoming pathfinder games I could join.

I'm feeling somewhat deprived right now, having not played it for a good long period.
Where are you at? I don't have any upcoming games but I know yhere's at ;east one other person in my area whose looking for a game, so if you turned out to be in the same area as me and him we'd only need one or two more people to have enough.
Is said friend in the UK to start off with? If not, then it's no bueno.

Nope
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 10:28:07 pm by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: January 29, 2016, 10:29:57 pm »

That'd make a solid houserule, I think. It'd certainly help offset the "lol strongheart halfling" trend. It's never made sense to me why a shin-kicker with a knitting needle-sized rapier would be more likely to hit an organ or whatever than a dude the size of a car with a sword the size of a slightly smaller car. Apart from trying to keep two sorta-viable monodimensional builds for martial combatants firmly separated.

3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 623