Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 250

Author Topic: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta  (Read 543412 times)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
Re: Caves of Qud: Now in Open Beta
« Reply #975 on: March 18, 2011, 12:39:45 pm »

Take harvest first skill, and use it on the yellow trees. That'll net you witchwood which heals 30 HP every time you eat one.
And, if unormal is to be believed, maybe even confusion for your troubles if you're unlucky.

The worst you'll hit going south are crocodiles and the occasional snapjaw group.
Or ruins filled with high level enemies for that section. Don't forget them.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 18, 2011, 12:47:59 pm »

Take harvest first skill, and use it on the yellow trees. That'll net you witchwood which heals 30 HP every time you eat one.
And, if unormal is to be believed, maybe even confusion for your troubles if you're unlucky.

The worst you'll hit going south are crocodiles and the occasional snapjaw group.
Or ruins filled with high level enemies for that section. Don't forget them.

Quite right on both accounts, but confusion can be dealt with fairly easily, and ruins can be found randomly everywhere. However, its much easier to tell if you find ruins in the salt marshes, since LoS tends to be clearer then the mountains.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: March 18, 2011, 01:35:01 pm »

Confusion is really easy. Just remember the weights of items you may want to use while you are under it, the position of enemies and map layout. Find a chokepoint, lead your enemies through it and start attacking them one at a time while eating witchwood. I killed whole populated villages like that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: March 18, 2011, 02:55:34 pm »

To the north and east are mountains which can be very dangerous, and to the west are the salt dunes, which admittedly I've never been to but I expect are harder then the salt marshes.
There are flying, fire-breathing men there. Fear the salt dunes.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 18, 2011, 02:56:46 pm »

To the north and east are mountains which can be very dangerous, and to the west are the salt dunes, which admittedly I've never been to but I expect are harder then the salt marshes.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 18, 2011, 03:03:16 pm »

When I met them with my medium level early-medium-section adventurer, they weren't that bad. You can see them from across the map before they're even in range and potshot them to death.

Of course, if it's night, you're screwed.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: March 18, 2011, 03:04:36 pm »

Clearly I need to go there some time soon.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 18, 2011, 03:06:27 pm »

Clearly I need to go there some time soon.
Just make sure it's day, unless you like !!Fire!!. The other enemies are weak, but those fire breathers are about as nasty as Fire Ants.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 18, 2011, 03:07:10 pm »

Clearly I need to go there some time soon because I am suicidal.
Just make sure it's day, unless You like !!Fire!!.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 18, 2011, 03:08:40 pm »

I had the awesomest character ever.  So many nice artifacts and wealth that I had to pile it all up in Joppa, and I hadn't even gone anywhere else.  Died playing a stupid game of a chicken with a "slumberling" or something.  Man I'm dumb.

Every character since has bought it just trying to get to Redrock, although the Time-Vortex gamble is certainly a lot of fun.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 18, 2011, 03:10:17 pm »

Yeah, be wary of the Slumberlings. Most characters can take them down with near-death injuries around reaching Grit Gate for the first time.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: March 18, 2011, 03:11:03 pm »

I had the awesomest character ever.  So many nice artifacts and wealth that I had to pile it all up in Joppa, and I hadn't even gone anywhere else.  Died playing a stupid game of a chicken with a "slumberling" or something.  Man I'm dumb.
Yeah, slumberlings are not to be trifled with. There's a reason why they're generated sleeping and are at "impossible" difficulty.

At least you won't make the same mistake again... right?

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: March 18, 2011, 03:16:17 pm »

Actually, I had gotten high enough that it only rated as "Very Tough".  It occurred to me that I had acquired so many grenades and energy-using weapons that I was leaving them in storage because I knew I'd never use them.  Well, said I, finally a foe that actually needs all this heavy firepower.  I laid a poison trap and shotgunned it in the face.  It moved one tile before falling asleep.  How hard can this be?  Shoot-sleep-shoot-sleep.  Then I happened to step into a tile next to it, while it was sleeping, and it did like 30 damage in one hit.  Goddammit.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 18, 2011, 03:19:17 pm »

Slumberlings don't always fall asleep after one tile, their rehibrination is random. In fact, they can move five spaces at once if they charge, and then you are even more screwed.
No Gods, No Masters.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 18, 2011, 03:21:58 pm »

Ahh, those narcoleptic killing machines.. I remember setting one on fire accidentally. It wasn't pretty.
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 250