Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: So... Clone Wars...  (Read 1875 times)

jdf318

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
So... Clone Wars...
« on: September 16, 2012, 09:32:02 pm »

So I was going about my business, killing bandits and trying to get popular (just like high school I guess) when I recruit a spearman. Kill more bitches and go back to the capital's keep, turn in quest, and I recruit a spearman... Except this spearman is the SAME person as before...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now, has anyone ever seen this before? More importantly, assuming I don't die, and complete my next quest and return it there, will I find another clone?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: So... Clone Wars...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 09:37:36 pm »

It happens. People respawn when they're not at home, such as if they were driven off, recruited, or killed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jdf318

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 10:03:56 pm »

Well, we got wiped by bandits anyway... except the clone, he survived. I checked legends mode, and They both had a separate entry, but I expected that.

GuardianTempest

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Daydreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 08:09:13 am »

See if you can exploit this so hard to the point you have 10, no, 20 men.

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 09:16:50 am »

Heh it is pretty disappointing, I thought that was the purpose of df to have all clones their own personality and history to explore. Not just clonning. Propably it is just a temporary state, until the world is more completed.

celebrinborn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2012, 01:54:07 am »

Get an army of clones, and play Imperial Death March while massicaring elves (ewoks) and bandits (rebels)

Torchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2012, 01:12:01 pm »

Man, I miss killing bandits in high school. Those were the days.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 03:02:41 pm »

It's a known bug. It's most game-crippling effect however is completely disabling the genocide option: they just respawn. You kill and you kill and you kill elves innocents, and they're right back in their homes when the morning comes. It's like prometheus, except more tragic.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 10:25:36 am »

It sounds like Sisyphos, just more bloody.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2012, 12:38:49 pm »

It's a known bug. It's most game-crippling effect however is completely disabling the genocide option: they just respawn. You kill and you kill and you kill elves innocents, and they're right back in their homes when the morning comes. It's like prometheus, except more tragic.
Well the issue here is you are not talking to every one first before killing them.
It's some anti murder every one system in place to prevent folks from wiping towns out.  so go through the entire town taking names then once you get every one start kicking them.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes