Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spouses out for a stroll  (Read 1690 times)

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
Spouses out for a stroll
« on: March 23, 2017, 08:40:30 pm »

So i was wondering around in a town when i saw an asterisk it didn't trigger an ambush but i was curious and i saw a moon creature groom just taking a walk! I was thinking about this and i came up with a sad explanation this moon creature was kidnapped in this town and just want's to take a stroll but he just sees 3 sirens just arming their bows and spears it was one of the most heartbreaking moments in dwarf fortress :'(
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: Spouses out for a stroll
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 08:56:01 pm »

That's one of the saddest things I've ever heard. Makes me feel bad for every night troll I've ever killed.

To be fair though, they've killed me just as many times, so...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 02:35:24 am »

it's more sad given they were formerly human, or elf, or dwarf... or goblin now warped into this being and have a long LONG history of hating the locals that even if they do recover They can't return to their normal lives.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2017, 09:47:33 am »

it's more sad given they were formerly human, or elf, or dwarf... or goblin now warped into this being and have a long LONG history of hating the locals that even if they do recover They can't return to their normal lives.
:'(

That's it, we need to be able to talk to and reform Night Trolls. I can't end their lives any more with this knowledge.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2017, 10:08:38 am »

That's it, we need to be able to talk to and reform Night Trolls. I can't end their lives any more with this knowledge.
well you ... could ish with modding as they constantly think of everyone else as Monsters if you do talk to one, but I guess that's due to AI have night troll set to Auto aggro for characters and by looking at one your Adventurer can't help to be Appose them. so having a "turn human" interaction will Revert or convert them to a more civil being But do note Their actions they did over the mass span of their converted life doesn't change.
so if they spent 50 years being the enemy of a Civ then changing them human won't clear their Name of their enemy status.
you could just move them to a different Civ.

also changing them would end up with them due to how folks talk about Other race family members Really Embarrass or Sadden over how Not her current race she is.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2017, 12:31:11 pm »

well you ... could ish with modding as they constantly think of everyone else as Monsters if you do talk to one, but I guess that's due to AI have night troll set to Auto aggro for characters and by looking at one your Adventurer can't help to be Appose them. so having a "turn human" interaction will Revert or convert them to a more civil being But do note Their actions they did over the mass span of their converted life doesn't change.
so if they spent 50 years being the enemy of a Civ then changing them human won't clear their Name of their enemy status.

also changing them would end up with them due to how folks talk about Other race family members Really Embarrass or Sadden over how Not her current race she is.

Maybe they shouldn't ever be able to revert back, but they can just choose to stop trying to kill and eat people. I can, however, only feel bad for the ones that have been forcefully turned into Night Trolls, the ones that kidnap random civilians and make them their brides are pure evil in my opinion.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 01:47:24 pm »

Maybe they shouldn't ever be able to revert back, but they can just choose to stop trying to kill and eat people. I can, however, only feel bad for the ones that have been forcefully turned into Night Trolls, the ones that kidnap random civilians and make them their brides are pure evil in my opinion.
to be honest they too are victims of their genetic coding given that the spouse and them both have a force to treat everyone as a 'dangerous animal' mindset with out that it would end up being.
and probably just were children of spouses that follows their parents lessons in a endless cycle of Kidnapping.
"body swapping and YOU!"

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2017, 03:20:51 pm »

Oh no i a bride of the night freak crossbowman has ambushed me i'm conflicted should i kill her or run away? :'(
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2017, 03:26:45 pm »

Well i had to put down the bride my companion Spibsa saved me and got a destroyed lung for his efforts

Also a paper maker joined in the fray and got her shoulder detsroyed

Obsidian 1053

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 03:30:30 pm »

OH GOD WHY GAME another night troll consort why?!?!?!? :'(

EDIT Not another night troll spouse!?! :'(

EDIT 2 OK i killed this spouse  because she tried to murder a family of bone carvers and i have to kill the other one because she killed my companion
but i will leave the moon creature husband be

EDIT 3 Now another moon creature husband is killing a child what the hell is happening?

EDIT 4 Now a troll of shadow thought that attacking Screwbears in a market filled with merchants would be a great idea!

« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 03:55:44 pm by UselessMcMiner »

Obsidian 1053

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2017, 06:14:47 pm »

OH GOD WHY GAME another night troll consort why?!?!?!? :'(

EDIT Not another night troll spouse!?! :'(

EDIT 2 OK i killed this spouse  because she tried to murder a family of bone carvers and i have to kill the other one because she killed my companion
but i will leave the moon creature husband be

EDIT 3 Now another moon creature husband is killing a child what the hell is happening?

EDIT 4 Now a troll of shadow thought that attacking Screwbears in a market filled with merchants would be a great idea!

Alright, So a few things
1.The abundance of night creature spouses are a result from the night creatures kidnapping random creatures and transforming them into their race (Not sure if you knew that, but it helps to know, i guess)
2.Yeah, Night Trolls usually rampage in a city, I usually see one when i adventure in a city (And dont suffer from FPS death)
3.If it helps your conscious, killing them can be considered "Humane" because you're killing a creature transformed against its will and is essentially nothing more than a monster by this point.
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2017, 06:19:25 pm »

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT NIGHT CREATURES.

A night creature can only have one spouse. However, if their spouse dies, they can kidnap a new one. Each spouse can only have one child. Looking at legends, the spouses always have their children... nine months after their transformation. Night creatures rape sentient beings, transforming them into horrible monsters and impregnating them with their corrupt spawn.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2017, 07:57:27 pm »

So It turns out it was an inserectiuon after looking in legends mode but sadly
Screwbears killed a giant in a cave and was then killed by a giant grizzly

Screwbears killed by a bear

Obsidian 1053

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2017, 08:58:56 pm »

If it helps your conscious, killing them can be considered "Humane" because you're killing a creature transformed against its will and is essentially nothing more than a monster by this point.

...I still feel bad about it though. I have to say that Night Trolls are a pretty existentially horrifying creature. Something that can just kidnap you and turn you into something that horrible? I think I've died a little inside just thinking about it  :(

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2017, 04:21:33 am »

let me tell you about their cousins the bogeymen,
They don't teleport, They get born into the existence with an "oppose to Fearful" token slap on them, and when the cackling ends they(anyone with their Bogeyman token in their raws) die.
in Weird sitruations with prep you can rescue one from this hellish state but your kinda freeing their Corpse than them.
if your a spider being or one with out fear you can train up your bard skills by performing.
but yeah they can walk indoors, and be expose to the Sun, it's that the cackling has an end set up that Kills bogeymen, with modding said token on humans they don't go poof when you start an adventurer as one, you poof when you activate then End the cackling As one... and the hamlet if they had any humans will also Poof.

also you could had just Aim targeted the Night troll spouces's Legs, or Choke them out which would had knock them out, or Broke their legs, or poke their eyes out, or Stealth away, many options to Not murder unless you crit an attack and they bleed out.
"body swapping and YOU!"