Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 544

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD  (Read 1002363 times)

Sanguine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.34. QUESTIONS THREAD
« Reply #135 on: February 15, 2012, 11:41:16 pm »

1) How would I go about making a syndrome affect an area around the caster? Basically I want to give a caste an ability to paralyse surrounding enemies for a short time.

2) Can you increase skills temporarily?
Once liquids are implemented properly, you could set up a mandatory test involving potential military dwarves swim through a sea of blood on their way through the testing.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2012, 11:42:20 pm »

I was actually thinking of how some syndromes were previously applied with SYN_INJECTED as the way to go, for a home-brew syndrome.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2012, 11:44:04 pm »

1) How would I go about making a syndrome affect an area around the caster? Basically I want to give a caste an ability to paralyse surrounding enemies for a short time.

I know that second one can be done, and Deon's Witcher mod has several examples you can peek at/steal

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2012, 11:44:28 pm »

FAKEDIT: @ Urist Da Vinci, do victims that died of drowning fare any better?

Good idea. I created two dwarves in the arena with the "True Resurrection" ability, only one of which could swim. I had the non-swimmer drown himself in the deep end, and then controlled the swimmer to retrieve the body and bring it to shore. I then used the ability to bring him back to life, and he was completely unharmed. I wonder how this works in dwarf mode with regard to happiness, relationships, and coffin designations - I doubt Toady anticipated Lazarus dwarves.

Doesn't shapeshifting fully repair the body? Could someone help me incorporate a very brief shape change into my "True Resurrection" ability to actually bring back people who would otherwise die quickly? This could be fun in adventure mode to bring back your own living henchmen.

Sanguine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2012, 11:46:07 pm »

I know that second one can be done, and Deon's Witcher mod has several examples you can peek at/steal

Deon's mod only affects abilities :\
Once liquids are implemented properly, you could set up a mandatory test involving potential military dwarves swim through a sea of blood on their way through the testing.

trees

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2012, 11:46:23 pm »

Material weaknesses are currently only used by the generated vampires and werebeasts I believe, so that's why there's no examples in the raws.  You'd want to dig into an uncompressed save to see if there's any tag showing on the generated raws for specific ones.

It's definitely not a syndrome thing; it's something new just for night creatures.

Here's the best I can fish out of a world.dat. I am most certainly doing something wrong, but I'm posting it here anyway because it's somewhat relevant.

Spoiler: It's a mess. (click to show/hide)

Here we go!

Code: [Select]
[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:COPPER:10:1]
E: It seems Quietust has already made a script for this. I'm sure it will be useful to you all.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 11:54:49 pm by trees »
I am often bad at phrasing things - don't hesitate to ask for clarification if something I said doesn't make sense.

skywerewolf

• Bay Watcher
  • When in doubt, burn people!
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2012, 11:54:56 pm »

I tried the revival interaction but it didn't work via coding error. Could somebody help me code it in?

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2012, 12:03:34 am »

Material weaknesses are currently only used by the generated vampires and werebeasts I believe, so that's why there's no examples in the raws.  You'd want to dig into an uncompressed save to see if there's any tag showing on the generated raws for specific ones.

It's definitely not a syndrome thing; it's something new just for night creatures.

Here's the best I can fish out of a world.dat. I am most certainly doing something wrong, but I'm posting it here anyway because it's somewhat relevant.

Spoiler: It's a mess. (click to show/hide)

Here we go!

[MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:INORGANIC:COPPER:10:1]
E: It seems Quietust has already made a script for this. I'm sure it will be useful to you all.

It rather looks like that is what I was looking for- I'll have to run more tests to make sure, but I think you've got it. Thanks!

EDIT: Sure, know that I know what I'm looking for I find it in the Vampire example.
[CE_MATERIAL_FORCE_MULTIPLIER:MAT_MULT:NONE:NONE:1:2]
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:13:31 am by monk12 »

Nicolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2012, 12:24:04 am »

Okay I made the Medusa's gaze work by creating a [CREATURE:MEDUSA_VICTIM] that is a rough copy of a gabbro man except with the [BENIGN] and [IMMOBILE] tags added and most combat-related tags removed. I then added [ITEMCORPSE] and changed the creature tile to that of a statue's. Not my favorite solution but until the mysteries of [CE:CREATURE:___:___] can be delved into, it'll do.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2012, 12:33:37 am »

what do you mean mysteries?

[CE:CREATURE:DWARF:MALE] to make a male dwarf
[CE:CREATURE:DWARF:FEMALE] to make a female dwarf

etc

I think that's pretty straight forward: RACE:CASTE

Not much more you could do with that tag than you've already done.

Too bad it's not possible to extract the species from the victim though and make the statue have some related material
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:39:16 am by Reelya »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2012, 03:10:32 am »

How do I make a creature that is female only species that does not require a male to make children?
That's not possible, you need a male on map for any females to get pregnant, and intelligent species females will only get pregnant if married.
well if you make them lay eggs then you could to hatch them into fully grown folks. though I could only do so with Dfusion
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dub

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2012, 06:38:42 am »

Any ideas how to create the NEW creature in Fort or Adv mode (reaction, syndrom, polymorph, animate and etc)?

It can be usefull for:
- Summon spell
- Frankenstein's workshop (create pets from different bodyparts)
- Reaction of making robots (butchered brain + armor set + gem)
and etc
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 06:41:13 am by Dub »

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2012, 07:07:10 am »

Making a reaction that makes 3 random bodyparts start to rot quite badly.
[INTERACTION:NURGLEWRATH]
[I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
[IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
[I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[CE_NECROSIS:SEV:500:PROB:100:BP:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:BRAIN:START:0:PEAK:50:END:100000]
That's what I've got so far, but I'm not sure how to make it damage random bodyparts. Thanks for the help guys.

Montague

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2012, 08:30:26 am »

Is there anyway to alter the bonus modifiers for item quality or is it hard-coded?

I'd like there to be a performance difference between no-quality and exceptional quality weapons and armor, at least.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2012, 08:31:19 am »

There is. Exceptional weapons are more likely to hit and, IIRC, exceptional shields and helmets are more likely to block. (Not sure about the helmets).
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 544