Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39

Author Topic: Adventures on Monster Island  (Read 257206 times)

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Adventures on Monster Island
« Reply #285 on: March 06, 2012, 09:41:20 pm »

Besides where would you find all of these clothes? Are there any goblins or kobolds running about? You need to skim that worlds legends when you finish. I doubt there has been a humanoid thing on that island ever.

That made me imagine a world where everything but Atlantis sunk under the waves.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: March 06, 2012, 09:41:50 pm »

Besides where would you find all of these clothes? Are there any goblins or kobolds running about? You need to skim that worlds legends when you finish. I doubt there has been a humanoid thing on that island ever.

I think people were wanting to add the reactions to allow Vanod to craft clothing from hides. Which I firmly oppose.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: March 06, 2012, 09:50:55 pm »

I think people were wanting to add the reactions to allow Vanod to craft clothing from hides. Which I firmly oppose.

I stand there with ya, brother.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: March 06, 2012, 10:02:01 pm »

I doubt there has been a humanoid thing on that island ever.
Uh, Cyclops, giants, colossi, anything resembling man in number of limbs......Sorry, just felt like being a bit of a dick, and sometimes these little technicalities annoy me.  I get what you mean though.  Nothing civilized has ever been on this island, especially not our protagonist(?).

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

ccoolleeiiss

• Bay Watcher
  • Welcome, goblins, to the seige kill...waiting room
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: March 06, 2012, 10:05:59 pm »

posting to follow. this crap is hilarious and the art is amazing

keep 'em coming!
And then did ARMOK say, the east is the holiest of directions, and thou shouldst not stand there lest thou be strucketh down by my holiest of beards. And then did the dorfs did say, we shall build from the west, for more do we fear the beard of ARMOK than the strike of the elephant.

Justiceface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: March 06, 2012, 11:18:53 pm »

I've not gotten through the whole story, but I am loving it.  The adventure, the artwork, the narrative - I might squee.  I should be asleep by now but I have to find out what the latest news is with Vanod! 
If you have okay wrestling, you can stab someone in the lower body, making their guts pop out. If you then wrestle and pinch the guts, you can sever them. By then, the guy's probably unconscious. If he's not, strangle him until he is and cave in his skull with the guts.

No, really.

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: March 06, 2012, 11:39:28 pm »

That made me imagine a world where everything but Atlantis sunk under the waves.

Yeah, that is what the world is. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101941.msg3018913#msg3018913
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

addictgamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Penguin Developer
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #292 on: March 06, 2012, 11:43:20 pm »

Yeah, that is what the world is. http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101941.msg3018913#msg3018913

Righto.
Now we need to make legends agree with the story.
I'm patiently waiting for the ability to mine and construct palaces in adventure mode.
Barony. A 3D, multiplayer roguelike I am developing.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: March 07, 2012, 08:21:05 am »

can already disprove that with just one word, trolls.
true they don't wear clothes but they are humanoids and i think they are slightly closer to being like humans then cyclopes.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Earwig

• Bay Watcher
  • the Awe-Inspiring Distraction
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: March 07, 2012, 03:57:38 pm »

true they don't wear clothes but they are humanoids and i think they are slightly closer to being like humans then cyclopes.

Regardless of how the monsters' limbs are stuck onto their bodies, none of them are sentient/wear clothing. As far as sentient races go, there are only the underground civilizations (animal-men) and I don't think I have a way down there, sadly.
Like my story of Vanod wandering through Monster Island?

Please vote for it to be included in the Hall of Legends!

And please enjoy my grumpy guest appearance (Enir Twigappears) in the awesome The Littlest Cheesemaker story by evictedSaint!

olopi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: March 07, 2012, 04:00:37 pm »

I have a world similar to this one, just with massive amount of gobos(which are also the only outdoor sentinents), but by messing around with world gen parameters i think you wuld be able to build a world similar...
Dwarves use their beards to influence the adamantite to change form. A dwarves beard is specialized in his job, therefore a legendary miner has a much better mining beard then a legendary weaponsmith, who has a beard that influences metals to make armor much more.
This also explains why dwarves can have a city on just a soap pillar, the beard of the soapmaking dwarf causes the soap to become rigid.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: March 07, 2012, 04:19:30 pm »

Regardless of how the monsters' limbs are stuck onto their bodies, none of them are sentient/wear clothing. As far as sentient races go, there are only the underground civilizations (animal-men) and I don't think I have a way down there, sadly.
theres always a way in dwarf fortress.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: March 07, 2012, 04:22:25 pm »

I do believe there are occasionally paths down to the underground caverns from the overworld. It's been a while (and a couple versions) since I've had an adventurer make it down there though, so I'm not really sure if it's currently possible.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: March 07, 2012, 04:53:05 pm »

I do believe there are occasionally paths down to the underground caverns from the overworld. It's been a while (and a couple versions) since I've had an adventurer make it down there though, so I'm not really sure if it's currently possible.

It is, but in a standard world their are about 12 of the "mountain caves" that go surface to cavern.

Doro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: March 07, 2012, 05:24:21 pm »

posting to follow.

and also, absolutely hilarious story! This has inspired me to start outsider adventurer on my completely evil pocket island i created couple of weeks ago

EDIT: forgot to say, i love your style of art!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 05:26:43 pm by Doro »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 39