Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2214387 times)

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

-Is it possible to make it so if a interaction is used it affects everything on the map? Then one targetable entity will ruin everyone's lives...

That's what I'm sad about :( Previously, if you didn't specify a maximum range and target number and didn't specify that a target had to be within LINE_OF_SIGHT, the interaction would hit everything. But that doesn't work anymore, and to my knowledge there isn't a replacement technique yet. *curls up into a ball and cries*

You misunderstood: If one target is within [LINE_OF_SIGHT] and activates the interaction, can that interaction still effect EVERYONE with, say, a percentile chance of going insane?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

-Is it possible to make it so if a interaction is used it affects everything on the map? Then one targetable entity will ruin everyone's lives...

That's what I'm sad about :( Previously, if you didn't specify a maximum range and target number and didn't specify that a target had to be within LINE_OF_SIGHT, the interaction would hit everything. But that doesn't work anymore, and to my knowledge there isn't a replacement technique yet. *curls up into a ball and cries*

You misunderstood: If one target is within [LINE_OF_SIGHT] and activates the interaction, can that interaction still effect EVERYONE with, say, a percentile chance of going insane?

No. To clarify: there is no option as far as I know for an interaction to automatically hit everything within a certain radius once activated. It was previously possible to simulate such by not specifying a maximum target number, in which case the AI would automatically use it on every valid target in range, but a player-controlled unit would still be able to restrict the effect to a specific unit or units.
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Of course, if all you want is AOE, using a dust-attack to do it is good.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Of course, if all you want is AOE, using a dust-attack to do it is good.

Not if you want resurrection. Strictly speaking, resurrection is an interaction type, not a syndrome effect.

E: Courtesy link to chat:
We've created a Discord channel to discuss things! Feel free to join! https://discord.gg/0g2sUaS4K5R68cpr
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 12:17:18 am by Mr Frog »
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Propman

• Bay Watcher
  • Eh.
    • View Profile

Glancing over the last few pages of discussion, has the verdict on whether or not this is going to be a reboot or continuation of last game been made? I've been hearing stories of railguns and ballistic weave and modern materials that I would be most happy to provide the specifications for.

Also, a general probing on the status of the project.
Quote from: from Pathos on April 07, 2010, 08:29:05 pm »
( It was inevitable, really. )

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

It's a sequel.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Glancing over the last few pages of discussion, has the verdict on whether or not this is going to be a reboot or continuation of last game been made? I've been hearing stories of railguns and ballistic weave and modern materials that I would be most happy to provide the specifications for.

Also, a general probing on the status of the project.

Status of the project as far as I know:

> Mr Frog has basically finished updating the Spawn raws to 40d, putting in megaspawn and degenerate spawn, and adding the various other goodies he wanted to put in, although maybe he'll start throwing other crap in if he gets bored at a later date (likely)
> Still waiting on Nakéen to get back to us on the advanced armour and weaponry; I'll probably have to take a stab at adding everything myself if there's continued inactivity on that front, although I have little experience with armour modding and complex equipment reactions
> Not sure where Splint's at with doing up the OP, prologue, and various other important material.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Incidentally, I've always felt that the sten gun was a good thing for an advanced civilization to give a medieval society they want to uplift. Incredibly simple, dirt cheap, quite effective, and not actually powerful enough to render them dangerous to railgun-wielding spec-ops.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Little head-up : I will begin working on the weaponry and the various syndromes on Friday !
I'm too busy at the moment, next four days are going to be hell haha.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

Incidentally, I've always felt that the sten gun was a good thing for an advanced civilization to give a medieval society they want to uplift. Incredibly simple, dirt cheap, quite effective, and not actually powerful enough to render them dangerous to railgun-wielding spec-ops.

I can see it now: Squad A is armed with a mishmash of bronze and steel weaponry and armor.
Squad B is packing SMGs and battle fatigues
Squad C is composed of power-armored goons with mass drivers.

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I just noticed...

> Mr Frog has basically finished updating the Spawn raws to 40d

Looks like we're goin' back in time folks

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile

I just noticed...

> Mr Frog has basically finished updating the Spawn raws to 40d

Looks like we're goin' back in time folks

Not again

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

I can see it now: Squad A is armed with a mishmash of bronze and steel weaponry and armor.
Squad B is packing SMGs and battle fatigues
Squad C is composed of power-armored goons with mass drivers.

Squad A is local mercenaries, who apparently refuse to change their equipment.
Squad B is a conscript militia, equipped with cheap but effective gear.
Squad C are the fortress champions, equipped from our limited and expensive pool of advanced gear.

Yes. I approve.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

I would argue that the advanced civs would hand over some of the later paper-cartridge weapons (like the Lindner carbine) over anything using metallic carriages with integrated percussion caps, atleast unless they where also going to dump off a fair amount of machine tools, tools to make the machine tools, tools to make those, and a few dozen books on everything from chemistry to metallurgy.

And I just remembered smokeless powder... Ohayh...

Course, they would probably have to hand over a few sets of tools and the tools to make them, along with possibly a book on metallurgy, but atleast they would know more-or-less how to make one after they where shown it.

-roughly four hours of ninjas later-

I mostly approve, but only is B and C become C and D respectively and a new group B is thrown in consisting of people armed with locally produced gear.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

Smokeless powder, priming compounds, dynamite, and the like are just advances in chemistry, and not very large ones, achievable fairly easily by spending a few days with the local alchemist. I think the main difficulty would be forming the brass cartridges, since forged steel components are actually stronger than some more advanced fabrication, if not cheaper or lighter.

Edit; And of course, we're introducing effective man-portable railguns, which render all possible arguments about the appropriateness of world-war-era technology completely irrelevant.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 09:48:50 pm by Amperzand »
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 757 758 [759] 760 761 ... 815