Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Wait for Next Version, Use current (.40.24,) or use older release (.34.11?)

Wait for the next release. I want usable mugs damn it!
- 55 (71.4%)
We can use the current one. I like the big trees and slightly smarter dorfs.
- 17 (22.1%)
I'll take .34.11 thanks. I want to know I'll get to kill things for sure.
- 5 (6.5%)

Total Members Voted: 77

Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 815

Author Topic: [34.11] Spearbreakers - It shudders and begins to move  (Read 2220598 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

M.U.G weaponry was my interpretation concerning the addition of "mug cannons". To be totally frank, how they function is left to the imagination. M.U.G stands for "Mass Urist Generator", and is a black box that produces a tremendous energy. And somehow, you need mugs to build one.

Looking through the raws again, I overlooked some tiny details. Will need to update them, I will do it today a little bit later.

EDIT: Will also add a text file summarizing the additions.

EDIT2: Oh well, might as well do it here and now.

Weaponry :
- Stubguns (require a stubgun tech datachip obtained from decrypting a datachip)
- Chainaxes and Chainblades (require a chain tech datachip obtained from decrypting a datachip)
- Railguns and Magnetic Disc Launchers (require a magnetic tech datachip obtained from reverse-engineering railguns)
- MUG Cannons, MUG Hammers and MUG Sawblades (require a MUG tech datachip obtained from reverse-engineering MUG rifles)

Ennemy exclusive :
- MUG Rifles

Armory :
- Battlesuits (cover whole body+limbs)
- Combat Helmets
- Battle Gauntlets (cover hands+hands)
- Combat Boots (cover feet+legs)

Encoded Technology Datachips : (sold by entities)
- Uranium refining
- Titanium refining
- Cobalt refining
- Aluminum refining
- Staballoy smelting
- High-Speed Steel smelting
- Titanium Alloy TI 6-4 smelting
- Stubgun technology
- Chain technology
- Battlearmory technology

And of course, all the reactions associated to these items.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 01:51:36 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I corrected some bits of incorrect info in the raws I posted, here is the link (previous link was updated). Furthermore, some raws were missing in the previous iteration, my bad.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/my07rptg0tt5ede/spearbreakers.zip?dl=0

Also, I would like to have your thoughts concerning balance.
Currently, here are the costs :
- 15 railgun slugs/MDL discs = 5 metal bars
- 25 stubgun bullets = 2 metal bars
- 15 MUG ammo = 5 metal bars + 10 inorganic mugs/goblet
- MUG weaponry = M.U.G. (1 uranium + 10 mugs) + MUG wiring (1 copper+1 aluminium) + MUG special components (1 cobalt+1 platinum) + 5 metal bar of Steel/Titanium/New alloys

EDIT: I still need to add some more things, like dangerous reactions results.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 02:28:57 pm by Nakéen »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

Wooooooo Nakeen delivered like a boss (*DEAFENING APPLAUSE*)

Sorry I dumped all of this on you; I earnestly thought I was dividing everything equally but it looks like I underestimated just how much of a pain in the ass reactions can be to work with :V
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No worries ! I honestly thought it wouldn't take so much time too, but the "perfectionism" got the better of me.
Now I can say I can mod reactions like a boss, haha @_@

To expand on why it took so much time.
For every weapon added, I had to create a datachip and the corresponding encoded datachip. Then a reaction to decrypt it. Then, I had to create one reaction per weapon-grade metal for the weapon, to allow players to choose what to make their weapon out of. Considering we have 10 weapon grades materials, this is 10 separate reactions.

Total : 1 weapon = minimum 3 items to create + 11 different reactions (+another 10 if ranged because of ammo)

And that is when the weapon wasn't made of various components, which added one reaction per component.

Thank you for the applause ! :D
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 02:56:34 pm by Nakéen »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

*thunderous applause*
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Currently adding dangerous results to some reactions.

For example, MUG reverse engineering has a chance to explode into the face of the operator, cooking him at a temp of 50000°Urist. Hehe.

Will update soon.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Updated the file (again). Now reactions using uranium can potentially affect dwarves of radiation poisoning.
Some reactions with the new metals can affect dwarves of toxic waste poisoning.
Reverse-engineering can fantastically fail by turning the dwarf into ashes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/my07rptg0tt5ede/spearbreakers.zip?dl=0

Oh, and reverse-engineering won't yield anything even in case of fail. I was too lazy :x
May increase the odd of success if it happens to be too low. (currently at 20% for MUG and 30% for Magnetic)

Also, a note concerning new metals. I am aware that melting abuse may be a problem with these, but there is nothing we can do to stop that. Initially I intended to make them not meltable by normal standards (by making them non-metals), but it came with its (big) share of problems. 
In the end, the best solution I could think of was to modify the raws of every meltable item so that the yield is inferior to 100% (I didn't do it, just thought of it).

Aside from this, critics/suggestions are welcome.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2015, 10:32:42 pm by Nakéen »

Mr Frog

• Bay Watcher
  • A respectable sort of psychopath
    • View Profile

No worries ! I honestly thought it wouldn't take so much time too, but the "perfectionism" got the better of me.
Now I can say I can mod reactions like a boss, haha @_@

To expand on why it took so much time.
For every weapon added, I had to create a datachip and the corresponding encoded datachip. Then a reaction to decrypt it. Then, I had to create one reaction per weapon-grade metal for the weapon, to allow players to choose what to make their weapon out of. Considering we have 10 weapon grades materials, this is 10 separate reactions.

Total : 1 weapon = minimum 3 items to create + 11 different reactions (+another 10 if ranged because of ammo)

And that is when the weapon wasn't made of various components, which added one reaction per component.

Thank you for the applause ! :D

*long, slow whistle* Dayyyyum, son. Nice attention to detail there.

Also, courtesy link to the discord chat since there isn't one on this page:

We've created a Discord channel to discuss things! Feel free to join! https://discord.gg/0g2sUaS4K5R68cpr
A great human twisted into humanoid form. It has an emaciated appearance and it squirms and fidgets. Beware its bronyism!

Spawn of Holistic, and other mods

My tileset. Because someone asked. (Now with installation instructions!)
I so want your spawn babies

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

>Mods announced complete.

>All activity halts.

Good job, Frog. The Spawn apparently got everybody.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Yo guise do stuff.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not everything is completely done, I think the nanite paste thingy is left to do. Frog finished the spawns quickly, but he can't post it yet because of the surprises added.

Though it would be nice to have a centralized file to begin testing ! :)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile

It definitely would. If I knew how them shenanigans worked, I'd do it for ya.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile

I herby dub Nakéen the title of 'Nakéen the Perfectionist Machine' in honour of his deadly journey through the lands of Modding Reactions, which I am total crap at.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Terrahex

• Bay Watcher
  • The Bee's Knees
    • View Profile

Have you guys still not restarted? XD
What do you think? Yes? No?
Pages: 1 ... 768 769 [770] 771 772 ... 815