Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 162

Author Topic: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world (DF 34.11)  (Read 786889 times)

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
Re: The Museum: Adventure mode succession world
« Reply #1530 on: February 06, 2014, 01:52:43 pm »

What changes have you made to the savegame Bralbaard?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: February 06, 2014, 02:05:41 pm »

Not much, I added a few engraved slabs to some locations.. I had bigger plans but the game crashed on me.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: February 06, 2014, 05:18:27 pm »

At what point does the game get too big and unwieldy to play any further?  It seems like the locations that cause the game to crash are growing.  What happens when the playable area is reduced to nothing?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: February 06, 2014, 05:45:26 pm »

That would take a long, long time. I dont think we'd ever actually run out of wilderness to play in. Maybe many towns could become crash-happy, but we'd need probably a nemesis unit per town for that to be an issue. Player fortresses... I dont know if we can actually avoid being smothered in mountain goats or what have you. Maybe if they have no wildlife populations.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: February 06, 2014, 06:14:14 pm »

At what point does the game get too big and unwieldy to play any further?  It seems like the locations that cause the game to crash are growing.  What happens when the playable area is reduced to nothing?

It's a feature of the game, obviously.  When that happens, we will be one of the very first to experience the !!METAFUN!! easter egg.  All hail the Toad!
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: February 08, 2014, 12:59:54 am »

Alright, I'm satisfied with my adventures and have retired near dinnerwandered. There was much FUN to be had, and despite my loathing it involved bogeymen, your guys' traps, turtles, bandits, and the undead. Not all that many historical figures killed, I suppose.

My adventurer isn't immortal, and he's just a sad little human, so I pray he survives to see a second chance at glory.

I'm uploading a save right now. This isn't the end of my turn: I intend to create a fortress next. But I certainly dont want to be disappointed in the event something horribly unexpected comes up and I cant turn in a save with a fortress later and end up contributing nothing. So consider this a backup copy, I guess, in case I bug out before next Wednesday/Thursday.

I only used the advslab command once, to denote a town that royally sucks.

Here's that save: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fdfou5l7c3kb9pi/The+Museum+-+Turn+58b.7z
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 01:05:46 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: February 08, 2014, 04:03:50 am »

I propose we use advslab to label the "exhibits" in the Museum.  (Unless that's what you already did, Braalbard...)

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: February 08, 2014, 04:13:09 am »

I didn't.
If you mean having one slab for each museum exhibit: building the slabs, (or the tables) is somewhat unreliable. They'll stay properly constructed for a few visits, then suddenly deconstruct, and end up on top of whatever items are displayed. Having all those slabs around would look a bit messy. We could have one slab that lists all exhibits, a bit like the second post in this topic, but there's no good way to do the formatting of the text that I am aware of. It's probably still a good idea to include such a slab.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: February 08, 2014, 04:26:33 am »

Perhaps a slab naming each room instead - a short list of everything that's inventoried there, but yes - formatting would be... interesting.

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: February 08, 2014, 07:26:22 am »

I only used the advslab command once, to denote a town that royally sucks.

Did that happen to be the goblin town crammed full of accursed dust zombies? Or an even more unpleasant town?
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: February 08, 2014, 11:58:10 am »

Oh no, that would be an extremely entertaining town. I'm talking about Chainedname: totally abandoned, not even any good loot or monsters to kill.
I make Spellcrafts!

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: February 08, 2014, 04:04:03 pm »

But now Chainedname is famous - the first entire town to be slabbed!

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Bralbaard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: February 08, 2014, 06:05:54 pm »

Oh no, that would be an extremely entertaining town. I'm talking about Chainedname: totally abandoned, not even any good loot or monsters to kill.

The name sounded vaguely familiar; and for a reason. Apparently Niyazov visited the place and murdered what was likely the towns only inhabitant, a goblin, decades ago.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: February 08, 2014, 10:18:35 pm »

So it's an empty ghost town, eh?  Sounds like a great place for a likely group of dwarves to "refurbirsh".

Dwarfopoly
Bloodlines of the Forii

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: February 08, 2014, 10:45:44 pm »

The name sounded vaguely familiar; and for a reason. Apparently Niyazov visited the place and murdered what was likely the towns only inhabitant, a goblin, decades ago.

Ah, I see. Yeah, I didn't spot anything useful there, so I continued the trek to the museum.
I make Spellcrafts!
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 162