Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 213

Author Topic: When Kickstarter goes wrong?  (Read 658421 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: When Kickstarter goes wrong?
« Reply #915 on: May 11, 2012, 09:10:18 pm »

What gave you this idea of "charging in with swords"?

Swords > guns.  Have you guys never played a JRPG?

But what about Religious JRPGs?

Given this population, I think a charge with medieval weapons is more than likely.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: May 11, 2012, 09:18:27 pm »

What gave you this idea of "charging in with swords"?

But what about Religious JRPGs?

Given this population, I think a charge with medieval weapons is more than likely.

In terms of "fun"? Yes. In terms of what would actually beat the Swiss Guard? No.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #917 on: May 11, 2012, 09:37:35 pm »

We where not planning to send in troops with that setup, its for our general. Basically I want you to drive the tank closer so I can hit them with my sword.
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: May 11, 2012, 09:47:03 pm »

Seriously, have you guys even touch LCS? I'm assuming most swords work from meters away and can cut tanks in half.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: May 11, 2012, 09:51:41 pm »

We where not planning to send in troops with that setup, its for our general. Basically I want you to drive the tank closer so I can hit them with my sword.
Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: May 11, 2012, 11:05:09 pm »

I feel like, with that perfect confluence of internet, I should probably say that's enough derail.

Unless someone totally starts a Kickstarter for invading Vatican City.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: May 12, 2012, 07:58:27 am »

Back on topic; moar terribles!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/drmikey/the-indie-console?ref=category "The Indie Console!" If that name has you thinking "WTF is that supposed to mean," you aren't alone. Reading through the comments section shows the guy who wants to do the project doesn't have a clue either.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sonnylopez/mitank-paintball-tanks-by-rti?ref=category
Paintball tanks. Aside from being a god-mode which makes the game terrible for anyone else playing, all I can think of is what would happen when you accidentally drove over someone taking cover in a bush. Squish.
Herp Derp

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aaronpatterson/the-lovetanks-kit?ref=category
Lovetanks; trivialize and gamify your relationships today!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1024145959/ultimate-computer-and-gaming-system?ref=category
"Ultimate Computer & Gaming System." An oil-cooled system they will build for you. Assuming of course you donated above $2500; otherwise, you get at most a t-shirt, mug, and photo of them. Also of note: aside from the oil-cooling, the actual system specs are mediocre at best; and absolutely terrible for $2500. This one is a bit strange; it isn't even a project, just an attempt to use Kickstarter as a marketing platform or something. It's quite bizarre.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 08:47:14 am by alway »

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: May 12, 2012, 08:36:40 am »

We already have paintball tanks.  I've been in one.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: May 12, 2012, 08:46:46 am »

We already have paintball tanks.  I've been in one.
Hrm... yes... it seems I should have googled that one first.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #924 on: May 12, 2012, 09:11:04 am »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/drmikey/the-indie-console?ref=category "The Indie Console!" If that name has you thinking "WTF is that supposed to mean," you aren't alone. Reading through the comments section shows the guy who wants to do the project doesn't have a clue either.

Because apparently $70,000 and 1 guy whose made some obscure but award winning games is enough to make not just a competitive desura/steam-like but also hardware which appears to be just a PC after you've connected it to a TV and plugged in a controller, but he somehow thinks it's different from that? Also from the first ($3) reward it appears he's charging money for the software. He talks about steam not approving every indie game, but desura seems like it accepts most things and it supports mods on top. You can sort of see some good ideas he's passionate about, but I don't think it could be done well enough to justify it's existence by anything that's not fairly big and experienced- at the very least you need lots of games on board and that could be hard to do.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sonnylopez/mitank-paintball-tanks-by-rti?ref=category
Paintball tanks. Aside from being a god-mode which makes the game terrible for anyone else playing, all I can think of is what would happen when you accidentally drove over someone taking cover in a bush. Squish.

I don't think you are giving the project enough credit, the idea is so the wheelchair bound can experience paintball. Because apparently the best way to help those less fortunate then yourself is to put $22,000 into two tanks. It's definitely not a good idea, but they have good intentions.

EDIT: Just had a look at the 'ultimate computer' concept art for the finished product. It looks like someone who just learned how to use some crummy freeware 3D modeller would make. And they put their name on it because of course people would want to steal that brilliant design.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 09:14:32 am by Strange guy »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: May 12, 2012, 12:02:57 pm »

They made that in Google Sketchup. System specs are meh. Also:

ORIGINAL CHARACTER, DO NOT STEAL
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #926 on: May 12, 2012, 12:07:12 pm »

Regarding the 'ultimate computer' thing... people already do that. My friend has an oil immersion computer in his house. Its not difficult and certainly didn't cost 20,000 dollars.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 12, 2012, 01:07:13 pm »

Oil cooled is so 2002.

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 12, 2012, 06:10:00 pm »

ITS JUST MINERAL OIL. Get the fuck over yourself.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 12, 2012, 06:17:22 pm »

ITS JUST MINERAL OIL. Get the fuck over yourself.
Ah, but you see, it's very kool mineral oil. Also apparently very expensive mineral oil. >_>
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 213