Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 [1065] 1066 1067 ... 1256

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette (Original Thread: Rules, Armory, Misson archive 1-11)  (Read 3860560 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Mission 9: The Curse of Ivan Continues.
« Reply #15960 on: August 29, 2013, 10:13:25 am »

If the shuttle arrives this turn, tie one of my drones on its underside and have it both transmit and record.
That. Not attack, attach.
Yeah, sure. I don't know why though. It's not like video of that is worth anything.
I think Paris wants flavor text. I mean, it's not just tokens. We're still trying to figure out stuff like if the Storm is all around us, or just in the South. And how the planetoid actually looks from space.
Yeah, it's fun to read about that stuff.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #15961 on: August 29, 2013, 03:37:23 pm »

"shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit SHIT! TAKE WHAT YOU CAN AND RUN"
Run to shuttle / Landing zone with whatever valuables I can carry

Derp
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 07:35:56 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15962 on: August 29, 2013, 03:38:13 pm »

"shitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshitshit SHIT! TAKE WHAT YOU CAN AND RUN"
Run to shuttle with whatever valuables I can carry
>How should I put this. There's a shuttle coming. You have 2 and a half minutes to get on it. After that it closes it's doors and anyone left behind dies.

This puts a rather sharp end to any ideas of gathering pretty much anything else from what was left of the base or the world itself. The shuttle streaks in less then a minute later and the team hurriedly boards, dragging their bounty of samples in with them. Two and a half minutes later, the shuttle is headed safely back to the Sword, as somewhere behind it the planet which has consumed a year of the team's lives vanishes from existence into the crackling red void.

(Congrats, you're back on the ship now. You're going strait into stasis though, so we'll worry about tokens in a little bit.  Welcome back)

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15963 on: August 30, 2013, 07:35:39 am »

oh...
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15964 on: August 30, 2013, 08:56:52 am »

((So how does everyone feel about their performance this mission?
I would have preffered to have been a bit more active in exploration and sample gathering, but then again I did last the better part of 7 months without suffering or inflicting death or disfigurement.
i will have at least made Hippocrates proud.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #15965 on: August 30, 2013, 09:06:28 am »

((I did a little bit of repairing, a little bit of exploring and science-ing, a moderate amount of losing limbs left and right, and a whole lot of sitting in the base reviewing camera footage that didn't amount to any tangible knowledge in the end, so all in all I haven't been terribly important. At the same time, I didn't end up causing any damage either, so that's mostly a plus. As far as a first mission could go, this one went rather well.))
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15966 on: August 30, 2013, 09:20:37 am »

((Compared to MY first mission, you did great.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15967 on: August 30, 2013, 09:21:26 am »

((This was your first too? Or first with this character?

I did a reasonable amount of medicinising and a few repairs so im happy about that plus i did get a few zones under my belt and even rescued tavik with gilgamesh, really the only things that dissapoint me were my distinct lack of usefulness during combat, my little inactivity coma and the fact i was prevented from giving morul a third eye.

On a related note, you guys probably shouldnt lend me another battlesuit, im not sure i can resist the temptation to keep it again.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15968 on: August 30, 2013, 06:48:03 pm »

((I think I did really well. I did, or was with the team, that did the absolute majority of the exploring. And I have a fair number of samples on my name. I helped spread out supplies, didn't do any real mistakes that cost us anything, (IC, and unless sampling the collosus lake counts,) and I always reported back on what I found. I calmed down Morul. I also usually followed orders, even if they usually didn't really matter, except when Simus ordered us back and I kept exploring. But I'm betting the Steve will take the side of "more exploration, don't care if you die".

So really, I feel I more or less did as well as I could have. There were some things I could have done better, but overall, go me.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15969 on: August 30, 2013, 07:03:53 pm »

((Im looking forward to seeing how steve reacts to moruls indiscretions and the R&d results on the flatground sample.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #15970 on: August 30, 2013, 07:05:18 pm »

((IMO Lars did a decent job leading the first team, but was pretty useless after he ran into the mindfuck zone.  All told, the base getting eaten didn't REALLY change much, unless Simus wanted her überantenna back.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #15971 on: August 30, 2013, 09:53:27 pm »

((I have a feeling that if it survived, Lars would attempt to steal it. Besides, bit too big to be portable, if I had to chop up a wall to get it outside.

I think Simus did pretty well. She wasn't really exploring much, but the work she did analyzing the samples is also fairly important, and the orders she gave at least made logical sense, to what degree might be debated (looking at you, Thear).))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15972 on: August 30, 2013, 10:26:14 pm »

((Considering that on my first mission Denzel was killed by a giant robot in the first actual fighting (instead of running) encounter, I'm pretty happy with how I did, even though I wasn't necessarily in command- I survived without injury, collected some samples, and still have my gear.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15973 on: August 30, 2013, 10:41:40 pm »

((This was your first too? Or first with this character?
((Yes.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15974 on: August 31, 2013, 01:27:29 am »

((I didn't cause the deaths of any teammates so I'm happy))
Pages: 1 ... 1063 1064 [1065] 1066 1067 ... 1256