_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5789219 times)

Knight Otu

• Bay Watcher
  • ☺4[
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Anomaly in the box
« Reply #11610 on: January 28, 2013, 01:58:08 pm »

"Well, I guess if anything happens, you're at the right place.

Go back to the rec room, and see what's on TV.
Direforged Original
Random Raw Scripts - Randomly generated Beasts , Vermin, Hags, Vampires, and Civilizations
Castle Otu

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11611 on: January 28, 2013, 05:54:32 pm »

Yay batchip works,
load a cheap ultrasound compatible speaker and save the batchip, speaker and remote modules as a single project.
Save flamethrower.
Get quotes on production costs and combat specs.
Exit VR
If i can buy the batchip and speaker for 3 tokens or less do so.

If purchased successfully, practice installing the chip and speaker in VR until im confident i wont destroy them in the process
Install them in my suit for real
Wear suit because i forgot to get dressed prior to booting tinker.

Are the remote modules just speakers with wireless capacities or did you want to design them to be something more? Like little drones that can actually move around? You could do that real cheap using quad-copters, like 1 token for the whole thing.

As per the flamethrower, it by itself, empty, would be very cheap since it has pretty much no complex parts or lasers or anything; it's just tubes and containers. Think like 2 token. But the fuel is another thing entirely. Neotherm is very powerful and not cheap stuff in bulk. For a good sized tank of the components you'd be talking 5-6 tokens.

The bat chip itself wouldn't actually cost anything. You could run a program like that on the suits computer, but you'd need to either write that program yourself [aux roll] or pay/ask someone else to do it for you, ie another player/armory master/r&d guys.

(( Errr.))
Now, dear helpful nurse, could you please tell me whether during my earlier recuperation time here I had the mental state examination I requested? If not, could I have it now?
Pester medical personnel.

She looks at something on her datapad.

"Yeah, we did a brain scan. You look fine; at least biochemically. Why, do you feel crazy?"

((I wasn't aiming for manipulator equation simulation. I just want the game to generate random, complicated equations regardless of whether or not a manipulator would ever use them.))

Oh, oh yeah thats fine then. You'd just need to do the [Aux] roll to actually create the program and you'd be good. We'll try that now.

[Aux:4-1]
You manage to cobble together a game but it's not exactly great. It's got some pretty lame pixel art graphics and it's prone to presenting the competitor with nonsense equations and then dividing by zero and crashing the game.

Strange place. Strange people. A lot of strange people, Anton thought. And not a single overseer in sight. Is this even a prison? Well, besides supposedly being a spaceship where there isn't exactly anywhere to escape to. "Hm. Probably cameras everywhere. Well, there's bound to be somewhere for new people to go", Anton reasoned, getting up.

Continue avoiding inmates for the moment, look around for directions. Follow directions to whatever seems closest to the sort of thing a fresh inmate is supposed to report to - like a warden's office. Look for directions to a workshop as well.

((Anton's not very good with people... or teamwork. He really prefers machines to people. His service with the HMRC is bound to be eventful. :P))
Hmm. Well there's an armory over there...and A Briefing room down the hall...which one is better?
((Okayy))

See if alloys of those metals that followed the tags have a better overall fit towards the guidelines

After finding best alloy or pure metal, remove outer plating and replace with new metal and under primary plates (Chest, Calves, Head, Pauldrons) add an auto K-shunt (if available) that just sucks up energy and puts it out when lifting objects.  Remove internal electrical generator and replace with more powerful version. Place a mounted laser platform on one arm that is powered by the generator that is basically the arm cannon from metroid that is constructed from the internal parts of 3 laser rifles that also have batteries in case of reactor failure. For the right arm have an arm mounted sheild made of
the same substance as the outer armour that is a similar shape as Artorias sheild from Dark Souls but a bit smaller and at the lower edge have storage for a tesla sabre that is held in the hand and wired into the main system.

((sorry for long posts but I've got to squeze as much as possible.))

Hmmm. You have any limits on price here? Because I mean you could use Mythril (Blame the science section's Tolkien hardon for that one) and literally tank a nuke, but that stuff would cost you 30 token a plate. As per auto-k-shunts, You could get something that reduces anything moving at you to a survivable speed, but nothing that stores that energy and then redirects it. To complicated for an auto Manipulator.

Satisfied that he was able to get there, Chaz now has to find the person in charge...

"Hmm... Isn't there anyone in charge here?"

The armory master, a very beautiful woman sitting behind a big bulletproof window  set into the wall, waves without ever looking up from her book.

"Right here, bucko."

"Whaddya want shadow men?"

Walk up to the silouettes and try and get them to talk.

((Oh man. They're multiplying. Not good.))
They don't talk, or move. They don't seem to do anything.

Answer:

My greatest trait? I'm a little good with exotic weaponry and I have started training with swords recently.
"Hmm. Exotic. Ever use an amp?"

Ask Steve if he knows where Herr Doktor is.

>in the back with his newest pet. You could always just send him a message.

"Well, I guess if anything happens, you're at the right place.

Go back to the rec room, and see what's on TV.

The tv is currently just displaying static. Thats weird.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11612 on: January 28, 2013, 06:02:23 pm »

((NOT AGAIN))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11613 on: January 28, 2013, 06:20:03 pm »

"Nothing to say eh? Then get lost."

Attempt to control the shadows.

((Hope this goes better than last time.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11614 on: January 28, 2013, 06:29:48 pm »

Well, prior to the lockdown event my body happened to kill a person - not permanently kill, thank goodness - while my mind was completely out for a few seconds. As you might think I would like to make certain it won't happen again. Oh, it might have connection with a certain painting I was about to be shown as the mental black-out happened. Maurice smiled defensively as he replied and kept his hands in plain view and away from weapons in order not to frighten the nurse.
Keep talking.

(( Awww :P ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #11615 on: January 28, 2013, 07:09:57 pm »

((Mithril you say?))

Add this mithril as those core plates but balance the amount needed with protection, via computer modeling.

Use the auto shunt thingy that slows down things, can it slow down anything (from individual atoms to trains)?

Check up on hologram technology that is compact and effective also see about minimising heat sig in-order to help stealth and paint in the darkest black that I can find (lowest reflection) have the laser on the left arm be able to switch between focused, shotgun and wide aperture & add a capacitor bank allowing for overcharge shots that use the remaining charge from battery and the charge of the reactor.

For processing have fiberoptics that are flexible enough to bend along the normal movement of the suit.

Improve the outer cameras to have same vision range as cam eyes (without the cameyes)

Add internal synth muscels wired into the fibre optic network so as to act like the exoskeleton except allowing fine movements that are similar in range to synth arms.

ask steve what he thinks/ has any suggestions.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

MutzelRX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11616 on: January 28, 2013, 07:36:46 pm »

"Not just my hands..I'll better keep everything that is a part of me away from him ... it." After staring at Ivan - or what remained of him - for a moment, Zephy decided to take her mind off it for now. "Now what did I ..oh yes, TV. That should keep my mind ..."

"......"

"Oh come on, what's this now? It was still working a few minutes ago!"

Declare general discontent about the currently not working TV.
In case of emergency:
Scream. Break glass. Bleed to death.
-----
ER: Suicide bombing with miniature suns against living crystalline skyscraper-battleships

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11617 on: January 28, 2013, 09:10:55 pm »

Hey, I found a simulator of HMRC medical care!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXBbZV_48I0&feature=player_embedded

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11618 on: January 28, 2013, 09:24:13 pm »

Umm the remote modules were my original batchip so they are the speaker, microphone and a computer with the wireless modem sending the results back to the suit.

You know what, to hell with my little handheld remote modules lets go with the quads... or geckobots if they are also 1 token.

Write batprogram, if i fail start a fire pay R&D to make it for me, or the armory master if she will do it cheaper, run if she flexes her fingers.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 09:28:41 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11619 on: January 28, 2013, 09:43:15 pm »

Write batprogram, if i fail start a fire pay R&D to make it for me, or the armory master if she will do it cheaper, run if she flexes her fingers.

((The armory master decides to crack her knuckles the moment you walk in. You promptly turn around and walk out without a word.))
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11620 on: January 28, 2013, 09:45:08 pm »

"Ah, screw it, I'll get someone more qualified to work on this later..."
Run a series of tests for my "Pawn" SFE for the following scenarios (after each scenario the sim is reset):
     firing it while in space [does it work]
     firing it while underwater [does it work]
     throwing a primed magazine like a frisbee with the front pointed at the ground [can it be thrown that way]
     throwing a primed magazine so it slides along the ground [how far will it slide]
     a random 1 vs 1 scenario where one unit is armed with a "Pawn" SFE and the other with a rocket rifle both units know how to use their weapons and their features [result and analysis]
     an urban combat 4 vs 4 where all units are humans in MkIII suits one squad is armed with "Pawn" SFEs while the other is armed with rocket rifles, all units know how to use their weapons and feature [result and analysis]
     spawn myself in a MkIII and dual wielding "Pawn" SFEs and spawn a stationary target, try and hit the target; repeat the test except with the video feed of both weapons linked to my visor[compare results]

Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11621 on: January 28, 2013, 10:39:19 pm »

"Nothing to say eh? Then get lost."

Attempt to control the shadows.

((Hope this goes better than last time.))
(They're not shadows so much as outlines of people made up of various things in the environment. Like this http://educ.jmu.edu/~johns2ja/illusion/illusions0908/face_landscape.jpg)

You attempt to control the whatevers they are. Yeah, that doesn't work.

Well, prior to the lockdown event my body happened to kill a person - not permanently kill, thank goodness - while my mind was completely out for a few seconds. As you might think I would like to make certain it won't happen again. Oh, it might have connection with a certain painting I was about to be shown as the mental black-out happened. Maurice smiled defensively as he replied and kept his hands in plain view and away from weapons in order not to frighten the nurse.
Keep talking.

(( Awww :P ))
"What are the exact circumstances of that?" The nurse asks.

((Mithril you say?))

Add this mithril as those core plates but balance the amount needed with protection, via computer modeling.

Use the auto shunt thingy that slows down things, can it slow down anything (from individual atoms to trains)?

Check up on hologram technology that is compact and effective also see about minimising heat sig in-order to help stealth and paint in the darkest black that I can find (lowest reflection) have the laser on the left arm be able to switch between focused, shotgun and wide aperture & add a capacitor bank allowing for overcharge shots that use the remaining charge from battery and the charge of the reactor.

For processing have fiberoptics that are flexible enough to bend along the normal movement of the suit.

Improve the outer cameras to have same vision range as cam eyes (without the cameyes)

Add internal synth muscels wired into the fibre optic network so as to act like the exoskeleton except allowing fine movements that are similar in range to synth arms.

ask steve what he thinks/ has any suggestions.

I can just tell you right now, whatever you're planning to make here, it's gonna cost an exorbitant amount of tokens and isn't gonna get prototyped. That in mind.

-Mythril, with the "y". As per mixing it into armor, you could do that I suppose, but even just mixing in small amounts it's gonna be very expensive. You could probably get a reasonable increase in the strength of the metal covering a MKIII for about 10 tokens.

-Well, it's not so much a shunt, it's just an automated manipulator. As per stopping things, it's designed to stop things with X mass going at Y velocity. So it could stop atoms but it would pretty much overload instantly because it would be trying to stop everything.

-Holograms require a sort of particulate to function, something for the light to hit. So they wouldn't work too great if you're hoping to project some sort of holographic clone or something.

-Paints that can absorb light and radar and various things exist and aren't to expensive, but heat is a bit of a problem. See, the suit's shunt their heat out of two heat fins on the back of the suit, and those things can get very hot. And it's important that you don't block the heat they release or your own body heat will literally boil you alive since the suit is a near perfect temp insulator.

-Laser is fine, although overcharged shots and the like will cause damage to normal circuits if the aren't hardened and built for it.

-you can just use the camera and systems from the cam eyes without jamming in your head, so we'll just use that.

-As per that synth muscle, it's not that exoskeletons lack fine movement, indeed they're capable of finer movements then humans are. The thing about synth-limbs is that they're plain better then human flesh, which is why you get +1 for them.

"Not just my hands..I'll better keep everything that is a part of me away from him ... it." After staring at Ivan - or what remained of him - for a moment, Zephy decided to take her mind off it for now. "Now what did I ..oh yes, TV. That should keep my mind ..."

"......"

"Oh come on, what's this now? It was still working a few minutes ago!"

Declare general discontent about the currently not working TV.

You groan and slap the side of the Television. It buzzes and the screen clears.
"Piece of junk."

The tv starts displaying a story about "Unknown object on course for occupied space."

Umm the remote modules were my original batchip so they are the speaker, microphone and a computer with the wireless modem sending the results back to the suit.

You know what, to hell with my little handheld remote modules lets go with the quads... or geckobots if they are also 1 token.

Yeah, if you just want little echolocation copters  to fly around and map the place, then quad copters and self programmed software on your suit are the cheapest. You could do little gecko bots, but since this won't work without an atmosphere anyways, No reason not to just use the copters, cheaper too.

[aux:1]
Well.

You head to the Armory master and ask her about making this program for you.

"Yeah," she says, idly scrolling through the specifications you gave her, "This is easy enough. I'll do it for you for free. Just come back and see me in a while and I'll have it ready."

"Ah, screw it, I'll get someone more qualified to work on this later..."
Run a series of tests for my "Pawn" SFE for the following scenarios (after each scenario the sim is reset):
     firing it while in space [does it work]
     firing it while underwater [does it work]
     throwing a primed magazine like a frisbee with the front pointed at the ground [can it be thrown that way]
     throwing a primed magazine so it slides along the ground [how far will it slide]
     a random 1 vs 1 scenario where one unit is armed with a "Pawn" SFE and the other with a rocket rifle both units know how to use their weapons and their features [result and analysis]
     an urban combat 4 vs 4 where all units are humans in MkIII suits one squad is armed with "Pawn" SFEs while the other is armed with rocket rifles, all units know how to use their weapons and feature [result and analysis]
     spawn myself in a MkIII and dual wielding "Pawn" SFEs and spawn a stationary target, try and hit the target; repeat the test except with the video feed of both weapons linked to my visor[compare results]

This is the turret tommygun correct?

-Firing in space: It will work in  vacuum, self oxidizing and all, but it may be too cold for the propellent to work, depending on location.

-Firing underwater: Works, sort of. The resistance of the water against those hollow shells is gonna do bad things. At best,very limited range. At worst, they break open in the barrel as they are shot and all the water around you catches on fire. And then the rest of the bullets melt and open up and shit gets biblical.

-Frisbee throw: uh, well you can throw it that way and it will have a mild amount of lift but the thing isn't terribly aerodynamic, so don't expect it to go much farther then if you just threw it normally.

-Slide: depends on how hard you push it, really.

-Combat tests: Well, the ai on these things is pretty limited, so for the most part they would just shoot at each other like normal, staying as close as they can without being in range of the effects of the ClF3. However they do occasionally use the bullets to form "Road blocks" of burning substance to prevent people from going somewhere.

-Self test: ok, just duel wielding is gonna give you negatives to hit. Thats just inherent. As per the rest, the video feeds and iron sights aiming, assuming you spend equal amounts of time on both, aren't gonna be different.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11622 on: January 28, 2013, 10:42:59 pm »

((Damn. I was hoping that the random 1 vs 1 would involve a seven-foot tall cactus and a sentient bowl of chow mein.))
Go through the list of anomalies that can be simulated and test my weapon in those circumstances.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:46:01 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11623 on: January 28, 2013, 10:57:18 pm »

Hey, I found a simulator of HMRC medical care!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXBbZV_48I0&feature=player_embedded
Pffffhahahahaha!

"Do we get any starting equipment, or do we purchase them ourselves? I just arrived, and I have no idea about what we're supposed to be doing afterwards."
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #11624 on: January 28, 2013, 11:01:07 pm »

(I too loved the link to Fleshtech Simulator 2013. I kinda get the feeling that the Doctor is a little more precise than that when he works, though. XD)
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.
Pages: 1 ... 773 774 [775] 776 777 ... 2101