_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1490 1491 [1492] 1493 1494 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5770012 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette: Repair and Rescue
« Reply #22365 on: December 30, 2013, 06:37:57 pm »

Steve holds his hand splayed in front of Marcius for a moment, and gives him a meaningful glance.  Then he turns to Skylar and smiles.  "Finally got a job for us, eh?  I was wondering when that'd happen.  What was that that damaged everything so bad, anyways?"

Follow Skylar.  Observe my surroundings, and look like I know what's going on.
STEPHEN HAWKING, being in a writing mood apparently, sends this new Steve a message with a hint of pride reading: "My son"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22366 on: December 30, 2013, 06:59:10 pm »

((Oops, meant AM instead of Maurice. Hah!
Still that's really interesting stuff. Cheers PW.))
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22367 on: December 30, 2013, 07:47:16 pm »

STEPHEN HAWKING, being in a writing mood apparently, sends this new Steve a message with a hint of pride reading: "My son"

Hearing a small beep from his wristpad, Steve raises it into his view, then makes a very confused face.  He stares at his wristpad for a moment, before shaking his head and lowering it back to his side.

((:P))

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #22368 on: December 30, 2013, 08:03:49 pm »

Hearing a small beep from his wristpad, Steve raises it into his view, then makes a very confused face.  He stares at his wristpad for a moment, before shaking his head and lowering it back to his side.

((:P))

((And yes, imagine that happened right as he finished his question :P))
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22369 on: December 30, 2013, 08:49:24 pm »

You two, Rolande and Saint?"
((Wait, Saint? Don't let him around Steve...or any Teachers...))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22370 on: December 30, 2013, 10:44:32 pm »

((Hey Piecewise, did I post an action or not? I could swear I did... Whatever.))

Go looking for someone who looks like they have authority.

((The Doctor or AM.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #22371 on: December 31, 2013, 01:35:41 am »

"Why did they insist on staying with this badly designed bloated....ack, this may take a bit"
close up the suit familiarize self with the HUD and controls, range of movement etc.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22372 on: December 31, 2013, 02:52:47 am »

You two, Rolande and Saint?"
((Wait, Saint? Don't let him around Steve...or any Teachers...))

(( Those two were together apparently? Talking, at least, when one of them got gangpressed, so I'm just grabbing the other one.
Other volunteers for the position are appreciated? Especially ones with any handiwork :P I don't know who isn't assigned and is here, please speak up if you are and would like to come help repair some armor plating. ))

Steve holds his hand splayed in front of Marcius for a moment, and gives him a meaningful glance.  Then he turns to Skylar and smiles.  "Finally got a job for us, eh?  I was wondering when that'd happen.  What was that that damaged everything so bad, anyways?"

A fellow inmate going nuclear. Bad stuff, still not sure if we know what caused it or why. Oddly, the kid is still alive... some nonsense going on with that one.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22374 on: December 31, 2013, 12:10:05 pm »

((Well... Fuck :P))

Marcius hesitates slightly, sharing the glance with Steve, then follows Skylar

"Mind telling us what in Hell our goal is? Or shall we blindly follow you to it.
Or at least, what is your name?"
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 12:17:37 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22375 on: December 31, 2013, 12:39:28 pm »

"Holy... how'd he get his hands on a bomb?  I wouldn't think the UWM would leave that type of thing laying around a prison."

Well, as you may notice if you've been to the armory, a small nuke is only 2 tokens. But strictly speaking, he didn't have a nuke. He went nuclear, quite literally. Ever heard of an overload event? It looks like he became one of those.

"Mind telling us what in Hell our goal is? Or shall we blindly follow you to it.
Or at least, what is your name?"

Well, I'm Skylar, one of the fleshtechs onboard. We're headed outside to replace some of the Sword's armor plating, it was damaged in the aforementioned incident. Should be minimally dangerous, as long as you don't get your hand stuck between an armor plate.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22376 on: December 31, 2013, 01:13:05 pm »

((Oopsie- never actually acted.))

Brother Lars waves to Charles and Mesk as they come back up.  "What took you so long?"

Fly down to collect the bits of Stacy and carry him back to ground level.  Fly up to the 15th floor with the rest.
You fly down and grab stacy before carrying him up to your destination.

((Wait, doesn't Charles have a decomp? Or was it one of the 1/3 chance ones?))
Oh thats right, he does.

Oh well, it didn't cause any harm so it's not too big a deal this time. Just assume you thanked him in a needlessly elaborate and profuse manner.

((Okaaaayyy...  PW: So, Marcius and I just get assigned to armor duty... without having any idea how we were told?  Or our chars even told why they should listen to whoever tells them?  Especially when one of us is liable to just punch the guy?

Kriellya?  Can we say you grab us from the halls, so that we have a RP target?  Or at least an in-character understanding of the situation?))
With 30-40 players and limited time, sometimes shit needs to be abstracted to get anything done. And you two are coming in late, as the rest of the teams get started doing things. So we need to find a spot for you. Those two spots were open. If you want to go elsewhere, you can go elsewhere, but we should do this quick before the teams get too far away or too involved to start throwing you in. Once you get on a team, THEN you can actually start doing your RPing, since you'll actually be with a smaller group of people in a more interesting situation.

I wonder, will the Hephaestus team get their own VR workshop? A real workshop is great and all, but you can't field-test things against a mass of Altered with it.))
((Yes, that is definitely the most important thing we can do.))

Eh.  I guess it's my fault, for going with a char that was intended for heavy RP, rather than doing stuff right away :\.))
((Bad timing.))

"Okay, mister!"

Go to the access port.

"I wonder why they made the access port so small. It's almost a perfect size for me..."
The access port isn't much more the a square hole in the side of the metal case. It's about 3 feet off the ground and a bit wider then your shoulders. With the help of your assistant, you manage to get inside and crawl toward the machine's internal parts. It's fairly easy for you, but you imagine that for anyone much bigger this would be annoyingly claustrophobic. It seems that hard, dangerous, dirty jobs always take place in tiny, cramped places, for some reason.

Beyond the short tunnel through the housing is a hellish machine of whirring shafts, crushing pistons and fans moving at such a speed that they're barely more then a grayish blur accompanied by a hiss of displaced air. You're perched above this small extension of some much greater machine on a metal catwalk that's about 2 feet wide and lacking any sort of railings.

"Look for something that looks out of place! A part not moving or moving strangely!" The man shouts down the hole, trying to make himself heard over the machine.

(( Hm... neither of you have any handiwork, and Syv has no strength... This could be interesting, if Steve is really going to gangpress you for armor duty :P ))

Right, let's see... Skylar spends a minute consulting is datapad, and begins to look a little frustrated at what he sees.
Are they really all I have left to work with, Steve?  Right, could be worse. I'll go get them.

Skylar heads out into the hallway and looks around until he sees a couple men chatting idly.

You two, Rolande and Saint? Come on, you're on armor repair duty. I suppose the worst you can do is muck up the seal, which we can redo until we get it right. Safer than having you muck around with one of the reactors, anyway.

Gather up those two (or any other volunteers), then find the appropriate orange jumpsuit and head out

Follow Skylar.  Observe my surroundings, and look like I know what's going on.
The two of you follow a man in an orange jumpsuit out to hanger and then to the cage thats supporting the ship. It's a massive square metal structure that resembles a heavy duty scaffolding with no top, so that the ship can ease itself down into the structure and let itself be supported. There are hundreds of powerful looking mechanical arms along the inside of the cage that reach out with wide metal supporting pad hands and support its shape.

"Normally we'd do this sort of thing in Zero-g, but since we're doing it here, we're gonna need to use those lifter arms." He points up to what look like crane cabs set on tracks along the inside of the cage. Coiled up against the cabs are what look like long, thin mechanical arms.

"It's fairly simple. One of you cuts the old plates out, the other lifts them away with the arms. Then, the arms put the new plate in and the other guy welds it in place. A third one will have to go in the inside and weld the internal parts, or you can just do that yourselves later.  You got questions or should I go get you the plates?"

"Alas, I must languish here at the bottom of the shaft, for I am woefully lacking in ape-like skills!"

Soliloquize to myself, attempt elementary repairs to restore at least some functionality.
[Aux:3+1]
You manage to, through a combination of carefully realigning your joints and fussing with your limbs, get your body back to semi-working order. You still aren't gonna be doing anything fancy, but at least you can walk around unimpeded.

Charles thanks Mesk via speech roll.
[6+1+1]
[Mesk will:4+1]
You use your mouth to thank mesk.

Neither of you ever spoke of it again.

STEPHEN HAWKING continues climbing, and once he gets to a good stopping point, writes out a message to Charles and Mesk that simply says "STEPHEN HAWKING IS ASHAMED OF YOU!"

((Question for PW, does it bother you that STEPHEN HAWKING has full knowledge of everything going on OOC? Or are you ok with it/silently planning around it?))
If it gets too annoying I'll start using it to trick and or injure you.

You make it up to the 15th floor, along with everyone else in team diplomat

((Hey Piecewise, did I post an action or not? I could swear I did... Whatever.))

Go looking for someone who looks like they have authority.

((The Doctor or AM.))
You find the doctor in the infirmary after ignoring steve's orders a good three times now. (Did you just not see those? We update every day ya know.)

"Why did they insist on staying with this badly designed bloated....ack, this may take a bit"
close up the suit familiarize self with the HUD and controls, range of movement etc.
You climb up onto the shoulders of the suit and lower yourself down inside. It's significantly bigger then you, with your arms and legs only reaching out to the elbow and knee respectively. It closes up with a heavy clinking and clanking and displays the outside world through a panoramic set of three screens.

The walking is easy. Tilt your foot to move that foot and the computer handles the hard parts. Hands are a bit harder. The control sticks, which you have to move with your thumbs, only control the elbow joint, unless you keep them held in one direction for a second longer, then the shoulder moves too. It's slow but functional. The hands are three fingered graspers which you  control via pulling on controls inside the arm. It feels almost like you've got strings tied to your fingers and the more you pull, the more the responding finger closes. It's odd, but functional, you suppose.

"She's older then the ship, Pre-altered war, even." the guy says, admiringly, "But she's simple and don't break down, not to mention well shielded. Be glad for what you get."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #22377 on: December 31, 2013, 01:42:24 pm »

((Looked time and time again and I saw nothing.))

Excuse me, who are you? Is there anything you can tell me about this place?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22378 on: December 31, 2013, 02:40:25 pm »

"Hooray! I'm saved! Does anybody have anything that could be useful to fix me up to slightly better working order? I can shimmy around and yammer as usual, but that's mostly it," Stacy explains while waltzing jerkily around his teammates.

Undemandingly dance after my teammates. This was but a temporary setback! Petition for help.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 03:30:14 pm by Harry Baldman »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22379 on: December 31, 2013, 02:56:34 pm »

Well, as you may notice if you've been to the armory, a small nuke is only 2 tokens. But strictly speaking, he didn't have a nuke. He went nuclear, quite literally Ever heard of an overload event? It looks like he became one of those.

"I actually did check the armory, but whoever normally runs it wasn't there- they left a sign saying they'd be back sometime.  And no, I've never heard of an overload event, although looking at the landscape, I can guess that it's pretty destructive."

Steve grins, then carefully listens to the jumpsuited man before asking a question.

"Is there anything I need to know about operating those arms, or is it pretty simple?"

After getting an answer, head to a crane cab near the area we have to work on, and get in.  Familiarize myself with the controls.
Pages: 1 ... 1490 1491 [1492] 1493 1494 ... 2101