Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 239596 times)

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Open Beta!
« Reply #240 on: January 25, 2013, 02:10:58 am »

Try planning it out on the passive tree on the website.

For the convenience of those who don't have it bookmarked already.  Passive Skill Tree URL

I've been running into some hardware struggles, both mechanical and organic.  Temperatures have been getting higher than I'd like while I run the game, though I haven't had any stability issues yet.  (I'm just happy my 4 year old Frankenbox runs it decently otherwise)  My mouse hand has been complaining sooner about the clickety-clicking too...  So I'm gonna have to limit my play sessions, and plodding and methodical soloing when I do.

-----

I'll be available for trading with everyone, though.  Currently using a L13 Ranger, Vyrin_Silentwind, interested in rare bows in the L12-L18 range.

I have a couple of decent rare shields [L8 w one green slot] and [L12 w one red slot] for token payment.  A couple ID scrolls, some non-ID fragments, whatever.

If you're looking for things, let us all know so we can keep an eye out.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 25, 2013, 03:22:15 am »

My witch just died :( so I deleted her.
you guys should join the steam gaming group, everyone that plays exile on there all play together whenever they can.
and it's easier to see / talk about creating new characters / setting up playing together through that group chat.
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dwarfortress
join the group then join the chatroom.
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 25, 2013, 09:52:31 am »

I'm already in the DFC.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 25, 2013, 02:25:10 pm »

For the convenience of those who don't have it bookmarked already.  Passive Skill Tree URL
Ah, useful. Came up with this. Basic concept was just to pick up as much +minion life stuff as possible (which turned out to be all of it), then as much bow stuff as possible (which turned out to be most of it). Let the minions tank while the ranger does the damage. Does there happen to be anything painfully obvious I'm missing that someone can eyeball and identify?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 25, 2013, 03:37:39 pm »

Well, the first thing is you aren't going to get all the way to 111 points anytime soon, that would imply getting to lv.100. Current areas and maps are only going to get into the 70s at best.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:39:13 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 26, 2013, 02:25:39 pm »

Anyone else having trouble at the moment?
I keep DCing and can't seem to enter different areas.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 26, 2013, 02:46:55 pm »

Yeah, I am. Hopefully its not more of what happened yesterday.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 26, 2013, 02:50:42 pm »

I logged in and ran Merveil, for the sake of testing...  Other than one failure to transition from lower caverns to upper caverns, it was behaving for me.  There was a chat announcement about stability issues, though.

I think most of it can be chalked up to "the first weekend after going open beta", really.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 26, 2013, 02:52:11 pm »

Oh yeah, weekend.

I'd forgotten it was saturday today >.>
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 26, 2013, 09:50:21 pm »

Well, my splodey marauder's doing pretty well, a few more levels for blood magic and he should be well on his way. I kept getting disconnected earlier, though. Hopefully now that the "whuh oh, something's wrong" warning's gone from the main site things will be better.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 26, 2013, 10:32:12 pm »

Spark+Fork Shadow w/Shock Nova.

Doing much better than I'd expected (especially Shock Nova, which hits incredibly hard once you get the spacing right most of the time, sometimes lightning is finicky and does less damage), though I really do need more mana if I'm going to keep clarity.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:35:21 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 26, 2013, 10:53:22 pm »

I shall be trying this out :D

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 26, 2013, 10:57:48 pm »

Has anybody picked up a mine gem? It's similar to traps, but you can only drop them under your feet, and you remote detonate them. I haven't managed to make them useful yet.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 26, 2013, 11:58:02 pm »

Has anybody picked up a mine gem? It's similar to traps, but you can only drop them under your feet, and you remote detonate them. I haven't managed to make them useful yet.

Tactically, I think the idea is that you plant a mine, fall back a bit, then detonate.  It's the sort of thing that would be good for a bow ranger or witch...  Keeps melee critters at a distance so they can get shot or be eaten by summons.  The real trick will be hooking it up to the correct support gems for maximum effect.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: January 27, 2013, 12:20:24 am »

Yeah, looking through the thread for it on the forums, it seems nobody else has been able to get much use out of it either. putting down the mines and detonating them is just too slow.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 100