Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 239579 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Open Beta!
« Reply #255 on: January 27, 2013, 01:20:39 am »

I scrapped the idea that Necro Witch was the best starting build for magic-finding.

Meet Blood Magic life- and resist-stacking mace-wielding Ground Slam Marauder!

We should do Bay 12 Party!!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Specterspeck

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 27, 2013, 08:05:55 am »

Is there any trick to killing mervil? As an ice-focused witch I can barely make a dent on her.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 27, 2013, 08:15:11 am »

Is there any trick to killing mervil? As an ice-focused witch I can barely make a dent on her.
Cold resist (or dual sapphire rings) and bash on her with anything. Also Large mana flasks. Its more or less just needing to not get frozen in one spot and hitting her enough if you aren't using something more indirect like fire trap.

Also, not dying is good.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Specterspeck

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 27, 2013, 08:22:41 am »

I keep writing her name as mervil, but yeah I'll try stacking cold resist next time
Cold resist (or dual sapphire rings) and bash on her with anything. Also Large mana flasks. Its more or less just needing to not get frozen in one spot and hitting her enough if you aren't using something more indirect like fire trap.

Also, not dying is good.

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try stacking cold resist next time. BTW my IGN's Tyvanny if anyone wants to hit me up for some grouping.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 27, 2013, 09:11:44 am »

There are a couple of bosses in the game you'll pretty much die every time to without resists. Carry around a pair of each of the resist rings and slap them on when you've found something you're not sure how to kill.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 27, 2013, 05:18:36 pm »

69850 max concurrent players has turned out to be two things:
1. A lot of people
2. Breaking their servers.

Game is currently fully down while they fix the problems instead of it continuing to crash. From the announcements forum:
Quote from: Chris
We're getting absolutely crushed under the number of players trying out Path of Exile, and this has manifested as a server crash that has been occurring hourly today. In addition, there is a very rare bug that caused some players to log in to accounts from other players. The scope of this bug is very limited (and in almost all cases, the players logged out without disturbing anything). Fixes for both are being worked on at the moment. Because the game experience is compromised and people are disconnected due to the crashes, we have turned the game servers off until they can be brought up in a more stable state. I will update this post as we go - it shouldn't be too long! Thanks again for your patience, and sorry about these launch issues. It's amazing to see such high demand for the game.

Edit: The bug where players log in to the wrong account only affected people queued on a login server where that login server had also crashed. We have a fix for this that we are implementing and will test/build/deploy soon.

Edit2: For those interested, player concurrency hit 69850 players before it was high enough to take down the realm. Also, the current server problems do not appear to be to do with the DDOS we endured on the weekend. These are scaling problems with our servers and software, so we can fix them.

Edit3: Jonathan has made a serverside patch for the accessing-wrong-account bug that we are manually applying to the realm at the moment. Thankfully the number of people affected looks small.

Last edited by Chris on January 27, 2013 5:18 PM EST
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:20:33 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 27, 2013, 05:29:30 pm »

They better really, really beef up their infrastructure. 70,000 is small potatoes compared to how many they'd have if the turn out to be a hit.

About back to where I was in closed beta, just past the Prison.

There are a couple features of D3 I'd like them to incorporate.

-A way to warp to party members.
-Party member direction indicators in the main screen.
-Loot showing it's name for a few seconds after it drops.

Other than those I'm pretty pleased.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 27, 2013, 05:31:13 pm »

Have you tried pressing Z at somepoint, nenjin? I'm pretty sure thats the 'toggle item names' button. Or you can hold Alt.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Patchouli

• Bay Watcher
  • Where very delicious cake shop?
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 27, 2013, 05:36:02 pm »

I really dislike how short the timer is for looting.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 27, 2013, 05:36:43 pm »

Have you tried pressing Z at somepoint, nenjin? I'm pretty sure thats the 'toggle item names' button. Or you can hold Alt.

Yeah. I just forget to do it sometimes because not all items make obvious dropping noises or always have animation. It was a nice little feature, IMO, in D3. I ran the first part of the game with item names permanently showing, but it messed with clicking and cluttered up the screen. So I switched to the show items button, and ended up walking past a lot of stuff I didn't even know dropped.

Also, what is with loot drops? Are they player-only, unless they're those weird drops with timers? Seems like some lewt only I can see, some loot has timers, and then some loot we can both see, like the occasional rare magic item.

Lastly, class-specific abilities? Seems like all the skill gems I find or have offered to me, my friend gets the same list.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:40:42 pm by nenjin »
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 27, 2013, 05:40:41 pm »

Party loot is weird. And not well-liked. It'll probably be changed eventually, but right now as far as I've sen from the forum, its ffa with random valuable items getting short timers for a random party member.

Class-specific abilities is mostly just based on stats (Clarity is great, but if you don't have high mana good luck supporting it, etc), though unless you're trading you need a specific character to get a specific gem. (Only templar and witch get offered Spark as a gem for the first or second quest, for example)

Update: The game servers are back up after the downtime. There are still some stability problems that they're investigating but the most critical problems are solved.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 05:44:04 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 27, 2013, 05:45:28 pm »

I just UTTARLY ruined my character and it is hillarious

I wish they had a way to show what I spent my points on but I accidently did a ranger build.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 27, 2013, 05:47:32 pm »

I just UTTARLY ruined my character and it is hillarious

I wish they had a way to show what I spent my points on but I accidently did a ranger build.
Click on your character on the website (Or whichever one shows up, then click the right one), click on passive tree. Copy the massive link now in your address bar (after the page loads) here. An example using my shadow.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 27, 2013, 05:54:37 pm »

So really class is just a matter of where you start in the skill web, and a couple other minor things like what gets offered when.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 27, 2013, 05:58:31 pm »

So really class is just a matter of where you start in the skill web, and a couple other minor things like what gets offered when.
Pretty much. Though you won't get all the gems just by getting far enough with one character, you wouldn't be able to use many of them unless you were a jack of all trades.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 100