Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 239507 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - Forsaken Masters
« Reply #720 on: August 20, 2014, 02:26:14 pm »

Frenzy is getting nerfed with 1.2. From the patch notes: "This skill now has constant attack speed per frenzy charge of 5%, rather than increasing as the gem levels. Its quality bonus has been reduced from 7% attack speed to 4% attack speed per frenzy charge at 20 quality."
According to Reddit, this drops it from a hard-to-manage cool damage skill to purely utility.

Not sure what I want to do with this other than 'Claws!' (maybe try Reave?), but I thought I'd link to it and see what you guys thought of it.
You're likely going to need more life than 58%. If you're going evasion you really need Ondar's Guile as that gives you ridiculous protection from projectiles attacks. Getting it makes Lunaris 3 not a pain in the ass. Also, Ondar's Guile makes reflect not a problem if you're playing a ranged attack build, like Spectral throw, which could work with your build.
Arcrobatics/Phase Acrobatics isn't entirely necessary, but it may be something to consider. Phase Acrobatics, especially, because you're likely to get gibbed by mobs with EK.
I recommend dropping the small nodes past some of the notables you took, like Void Barrier and Revenge of the Hunted. You can also drop the +30 strength nodes as you're not likely to need strength with that build. You can use the spare points to pick up the Scion's once-again-OP life wheel and some nearby life clusters, like Hired Killer and Profane Chemistry.

EDIT: Oh, here are the patch notes, anyway.
Here's a summary of the skill changes:
* Pretty much all the skills had their mana costs adjusted.

* Skills Reworked: Arctic Breath, Burning Arrow, Cold Snap, Critical Weakness, Cyclone(cannot be supported with multistrike), Detonate Dead, Reave, Viper Strike, Shockwave Totem(now spell damage), Warlord's Mark

* Skills buffed: Ball Lightning, Cleave, Flame Surge, Freezing Pulse, Glacial Cascade, Glacial Hammer, Ice Nova, Ice Shot, Ice Spear(doubled damage!!), Lightning Strike, Raise Spectre, Raise Zombie, Spark, Sweep, Summon Skeletons

* Skills nerfed: All curses, Anger, Arc, Clarity, Elemental Weakness, Enfeeble, Flameblast, Frenzy, Projectile Weakness, Searing Bond, Spectral Throw, Summon Raging Spirits, Vulnerability, Wrath

EDIT2: Half hour until patch hits... Hype!
I think I'll disband my friend-guild and make one for B12.

EDIT3: It's LIVE!! GOGOGOGO!
The stupid ALWAYS UPDATING Dota2 glitch prevented my Path from updated. ARRRGGG
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 05:01:08 pm by Jack_Bread »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 20, 2014, 05:57:09 pm »

Just going to bump this to let people know that the patch is out! Come and join! I'm playing a bow ranger named OrinthologyTheSecond on the Rampage league.
I also disbanded my inactive guild and made a new one named Nist Akath! Whisper me in-game to join.

EDIT: Offline for the moment. You can also whisper Aklyon_ for an invite.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:39:59 pm by Jack_Bread »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 20, 2014, 07:39:52 pm »

Where do you find Eleron?
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 20, 2014, 07:51:16 pm »

Where do you find Eleron?
Somewhere!
Sorta-related, everyone but me has found haku in varying places according to global chat. (I found an alchemy orb on the coast instead. Not sure if impressed)

Edit: Hey, found Elreon. Storm call is not the best thing to use there.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:03:22 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 20, 2014, 08:05:54 pm »

Where'd you find him? I was guessing he appears in indoor areas.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 20, 2014, 08:12:07 pm »

Mud flats.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 20, 2014, 11:47:32 pm »

That was pretty fun, although the server derped at the end for me.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: August 20, 2014, 11:52:28 pm »

It's too bad we lost that kill streak because we ran out of map. :'(
But yeah, server rip'd.

EDIT: oop, not a server death. It was just a hiccup. It's back on now, but I'm not going to be playing for the moment.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 11:57:11 pm by Jack_Bread »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 21, 2014, 12:43:48 am »

Karui Troll Desync Hell is really the best new feature of the expansion.

Edit: Phase two Merveil is also pretty bad. She can't damage me, but between her energy shield and her endless squid meatshields, I can't damage her. Meanwhile, the squid recharge my potions, so I don't even die of getting slowly worn down. Gave up after 20 minutes of killing squid for no XP. I guess she... wins?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 01:32:23 am by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #729 on: August 21, 2014, 01:33:29 am »

Ok so I was mucking around in online PoE builder, trying to create staff-only Templar. I found it kinda hard to raise my life % to suggested 150%. Spent 101 points and my life is 164%, but don't know how decent is that. No mentionable evade also, but I kinda don't expect that. Also, how important is investing in skill-tree elemental resistance? Can you ignore it with item-based resistance bonuses? Well, here's the link if anyone wishes to comment on that. Basically I bought every staves skill possible, added a bunch of +% life that were the closest by and also took some elemental resistance just for the sake of it. Also put a skill in that "enemies cannot life/man leach you" because it sounded neat. No keystones, Zealoth's Oath would be kinda easy to take, but don't know if it's worth it.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 21, 2014, 03:30:36 am »

163% is above what I recommended.

A few things I noticed weren't good with your tree. You don't have to take all the nodes in a cluster. Some nodes just aren't efficient to take, usually meaning accuracy and damage nodes. You can save a few points getting rid of superfluous accuracy/damage nodes. You also took a stun duration node at the Blunt Instrument cluster. That's droppable.

Also, you're taking some crit, but not a lot. I realize you just took every node relating to staves, but it isn't too good to go part way into crit. You have to go all or nothing with crit! If you go halfway, you're wasting skill points that could be best spent elsewhere. If you really want to go crit, I recommened grabbing all the staff crit nodes and make a skillgrimage to the right side of the tree, towards shadow.
Since left side of the tree has a hard time hitting things because of their low amount of dex nodes. Since you wouldn't want to invest partway into crit, it's best to grab Resolute Technique so you won't have to worry about grabbing accuracy from the tree or from gear.

Also, yes, most of your resistances should come from gear, so that whole cluster of resist by marauder isn't too good of an investment. An exception would be if you need a little bit extra resists to cap yourself while you're still looking for decent gear. Then you'd only want to drop a few points in resists that you can easily spec out of.

"Enemies cannot leech mana from you" is purely PvP. PvE enemies don't use mana. i would drop it.

Zealot's Oath is a weird keystone. Pretty much the only time it's worth grabbing is if you're a CI character that deals indirect damage, such as totems or traps. Then you're also going to need the life regen to back it up.

Finally, staves are hard to roll and, therefore, difficult to find good ones. They're in the awkward dual-class weapons that can be either spell based or physical damage based, like wands, daggers, and sceptres(I think). I don't want to discourage you from going staff, but it's something you should keep in mind.

I revised your tree if you'd like to see it. You could also take a crack at your own revisions, if you want.

EDIT: Oh, also there's a situational node you can take, by the way. If you're running staff with any AoE skill, like Molten strike or Sweep, you can spend a couple of points to get Amplify above the templar's life nodes.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #731 on: August 21, 2014, 03:57:44 am »

Cool, that's some good info.

1. Yeah, 164% is above, but I wasn't sure if it's above enough but on the other hand it also felt like I'm going too far into marauder tree just to get those few additional %
2. Hmm, true, I took all the nodes in a cluster usually. I was a bit too click happy when it came to those. And I though both accuracy and damage were important so I usually clicked on them without second though again.
3. I actually thought I'm packing quite enough crit chance, hehe. My inexperience shows. But yeah, I fancy an idea of having a higher critical since from what I read staves have a little bonus in that department. EDIT: ah, I see now this Resolute technique. I was actually thinking about this one but decided to ignore it because I thought I'm better of with my (not so big apparently) crit bonus. Maybe I should forgo the crit idea and staves in general after all...
4. Resistance, mana leech, Zealoth's Oath - ok, got it.
5. I was in fact thinking about going with AoE skill on staves, primarily Sweep (+ glacial hammer for single targets), that's why I decided to roll with them. A bit daft decision, now it seems. EDIT: ESPECIALLY because I completely failed to notice that amplify node *facepalm*

But yeah, I'd love to see your revised tree. Always happy to learn.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:11:48 am by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #732 on: August 21, 2014, 04:05:20 am »

I like that bows seem to have different sounds now--more of a metallic "ping!" instead of the wood-y "pew" it was before.

Apparently this was a straight buff to bows, because my attack speed is 1.8 (up from 1.63) and my DPS is 280 (up from 240). o.o I feel so much stronger, too. I barely need to kite, just pew pew everyone to death with split arrow, and dps rare monsters to death.

I found a random strongbox and got a +20% quality armor from it along with 2 rares...

I got a Unique bow (Death BowDeath's Harp I think?) from a friend of a friend. Can't wait until level 32 to equip it. It has some pretty crazy options including 116% extra damage, another projectile, and attack speed...

I also learned that vendor recipes are a thing today.

I feel guilty that I killed a bunch of mobs without my play buddy Webadict :p... now our level ups won't be in sync anymore. But I did pick up a rare glove that might be useful.

--- end Sky's PoE diary---

edit: Random note: I wonder if Barrage could somehow be used with Point Blank as a shotgun bow build along with projectile damage and crit :P
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:07:23 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 21, 2014, 04:20:45 am »

Cool, that's some good info.

-snip-

But yeah, I'd love to see your revised tree. Always happy to learn.
Here you go: Link
One of the problems you're likely to encounter with this tree, though, is getting the int to wield your staves. I didn't want to discourage you, though. The first build I beat normal with was a staff templar and I think I did pretty much what you did, haha.
I'll be honest, though, I don't run crit too much, so I wasn't entirely sure. I recall being told I didn't have enough crit with, say, 200% increased crit chance.

On the topic of crit, here's a different version just for crit, if you're interested: Link
340% increased crit chance and 120% increased crit multiplier. Less life. Crit is a lot harder to gear, though.

I like that bows seem to have different sounds now--more of a metallic "ping!" instead of the wood-y "pew" it was before.

Apparently this was a straight buff to bows, because my attack speed is 1.8 (up from 1.63) and my DPS is 280 (up from 240). o.o I feel so much stronger, too. I barely need to kite, just pew pew everyone to death with split arrow, and dps rare monsters to death.

-snip-

--- end Sky's PoE diary---

edit: Random note: I wonder if Barrage could somehow be used with Point Blank as a shotgun bow build along with projectile damage and crit :P
Oooh, yes. I'm running a bow build as well and bows feel waaaay better early than they did before. I'm loving it! Also, that's an interesting build idea. You should give it a shot. :)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #734 on: August 21, 2014, 04:33:51 am »

Sadly I don't have any uniques to make my life easier >_>

And barrage drops fairly late in the game... like level 20.

Also how 2 solo play 2 hard @_@_@_@ (My lv30 ranger can solo because the current zone is lv26 and she has decent dps, but low level ones need to kite forever and it's stressful! D:)

... and I don't know which skill nodes to use for max barrage damage!

*excuses*

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 100