Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 100

Author Topic: Path of Exile - Betrayal  (Read 239526 times)

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
Re: Path of Exile - The Awakening
« Reply #915 on: July 02, 2015, 07:47:00 am »

The final boss patch has been pushed back to Monday, due to internal pest control finding too many things.  There will also be a wipe, so that means 4 days of freshly wiped beta before beta is gone...  great planning there, GGG!  *glare*

I guess I know what I'm not doing before the 10th.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 02, 2015, 08:02:00 am »

They actually push things back to fix bugs instead of ignoring the reports from their testers and releasing to meet a schedule? So much better than Cryptic...
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 02, 2015, 08:07:47 am »

I don't have an issue with the delay, in and of itself...  I'm just a bit irritated that (delay+wipe+release+my_RL) means I probably won't have enough time to get to the end of Act 4 from scratch.  Being an adult sucks sometimes.  :/

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 02, 2015, 08:11:27 am »

There's a wipe? Why is there a wipe? All my gems! And stuff! Eh. Not like I'm actually playing right now.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: July 02, 2015, 08:16:22 am »

There's a wipe? Why is there a wipe? All my gems! And stuff! Eh. Not like I'm actually playing right now.

There will be a wipe of the beta with the final boss patch, then 4 days until release, then the beta realm ceases to be when the patch hits the live servers.  The live servers will not ever be wiped again, according to Chris.

I did mention that in my initial FYI post today...

... There will also be a wipe, so that means 4 days of freshly wiped beta before beta is gone... 

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 02, 2015, 08:45:30 am »

Oh, I see. You meant the Awakening beta, not PoE itself.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 09, 2015, 08:23:54 pm »

Markov notes.

Actual patch notes to come later, apparently.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 10, 2015, 01:46:10 am »

So what are everyone's post-release plans?  I'll be doing a melee dude on Warbands, and pondering new builds while I generate a bit of wealth.

If anyone has a few points laying about, you could donate them to the guild.  Every 50 we muster gets us another communal stash tab.  The twink gear seems to have gone untouched, so I'm gonna dial that back some and leave a tab functionally empty for quick trading/transfers in-guild.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 10, 2015, 09:27:23 am »

Probably try and replay as much of the game as I can with my Scion, so I can get through it to the new content.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 10, 2015, 11:32:43 am »

The actual not-gibberish patch notes are up.  Warning: it is hella-big; if you're looking for a specific mention, I suggest using a Find function.

Probably try and replay as much of the game as I can with my Scion, so I can get through it to the new content.

With an existing character, you should be able to just access Act 4 in any difficulty you previously completed.  That's how it was when the Act 3 extension was released.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 10, 2015, 11:39:51 am »

Yeah but I want to go back through the first chapters to see the changes. I just don't want to crawl through it with a new character.
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 10, 2015, 12:35:35 pm »

Patch is now available for early download, same size as the beta was (roughly 3gb).
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 10, 2015, 12:47:43 pm »

You can save yourself some download by copying over the content.ggpk file from the beta. My download was only around 500 MB.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 12, 2015, 04:41:17 am »

Spent the day playing. I imagine I'm half way through it.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lockstep works pretty well, but you definitely feel it when either your connection has issues or their servers do. Had a good hour to two hours of noticeable hitching and chokey performance, and an instance of a couple minutes where I was regularly locking up. I figure that's the player rush and bugs they're still working through and it will improve over time.

Just curious, what's people's HP counts in the 70ish range? I'm starting to think I've been skimping on them.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 12, 2015, 10:21:28 pm »

I stuck with predictive, as my ping wasn't quite good enough for lockstep...  I'd get a pinch of lag here and there (within reason for my connection), but never any Desync-type events.  So that's nice; too bad it didn't make a difference with the design flaws.

I finished act 4 Normal (in Warbands) last night, and my experience of the last boss was similar to nenjin's spoiler block.

My lead up had me feeling pretty good; with a melee sword+board duelist, I facetanked Piety and Dominus...  then got my ass handed to me repeatedly on the penultimate boss, and the last boss.  Everything I hated about the Dominus fight when that was new, the A4 boss fight has in spades, and more.  It was severely not fun, and I never want to fight that boss ever again.

My remembrance of the boss fights when they were act-enders and how they are now makes a stark contrast.  I get that the last boss shouldn't be a pushover, but I feel like GGG might just be trolling their userbase.

I guess it really is still Path of Life Nodes.

I am not dancing this jig again.  >_<

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 100