Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324234 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ GENESIS Reborn ۩۩۩ [5.11] - Revocane's Let's play link in OP
« Reply #465 on: December 19, 2012, 02:01:10 pm »

Thanks for answering all my questions!

I went to a tower and learned druid secrets. It's cool having multiple power, although I wish I knew what some of them did, like ice and mud clouds. I went into legends mode for my world and realized that all 4 towers only seemed to carry druid secret slabs. A pyromancy clab was stored in a Human Fort site apparently, and a storm/lightning slab was stored in a Dwarf Civilization Fort! A necromancy slab was claimed by someone in a dherim village apparently, although he doesn't seem to be there anymore.

Is it possible to claim slabs in locations other then Towers now? I'm really worried about the storm one because I thought dwarf civilization sites couldn't be entered?
well yeah you can't get in them but with a proper lua script you can.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Reptillian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: December 19, 2012, 05:14:46 pm »

why is the charcoal furnace not in the game when it's reactions are?

i found reactions for the charcoal furnace even though the building itself is nowhere to be found.
am i blind? or is is this a mistake?

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: December 19, 2012, 06:20:16 pm »

i found reactions for the charcoal furnace even though the building itself is nowhere to be found.
In what raw file did you see Charcoal Furnace reactions? I've scanned through all the reaction raws, and I saw none that had anything to do with a Charcoal Furnace.

Reptillian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 19, 2012, 07:53:15 pm »

In what raw file did you see Charcoal Furnace reactions? I've scanned through all the reaction raws, and I saw none that had anything to do with a Charcoal Furnace.
the "reaction_ironworks.txt"

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 19, 2012, 08:13:10 pm »

the "reaction_ironworks.txt"
Huh. I suppose it is just an unimplemented/accidental copy over.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 21, 2012, 01:23:28 am »

So I noticed you implemented some preset options into dfhack or something. How easy for us would it be to replace the DFhack with newest version for example?

Well after testing that, that still works, which would mean this auto run thing is going on somewhere else, and I am a little curious as to why it enables some things 2-3 times.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 02:29:20 pm by Vherid »

Digger350

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 22, 2012, 10:01:06 pm »

When my fortress was sieged by some fallen, A Lich proceeded to revive some random razorback skeletons and a mob of goblin corspes, which promptly slaughtered the siegers.

Also, when I attempted to use a sacrificial pit, it turned an unarmed pheasant dwarf into a husk killing machine. My 35 highly trained Military dwarves coated in full iron with 45   iron bolt armed marksdwarves behind them, proceeded to stab/shoot him easily over 300 times. It slaughtered them all, and had about 45 bolts stuck in him, with every single bone shattered, brain splattered and everything proceeded to kill 20 of my dwarves with another 30 heavily wounded. It only ended when 10 of my swordsdwarves got him stuck in a corner and proceeded to chop off every limb (even the head), and only ended when a lucky blow chopped him in half.

Unless destroying a fortresses military with one dwarf is intended, please just make the sacrifice become undead/dead.

And yes, I refuse to simply place cage traps around the pit, for only pointless melee combat is dwarfish!

Rumble16

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 23, 2012, 04:39:20 am »

I was wondering, as I watched VgPaticus' Let's play of an older version of Genesis, whether you would be including the training systems that were in the other versions.  When I say training systems, I mean the weihgt sets, the obstacle courses, and the training dummies.  Will these be in later versions?

Zakoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 24, 2012, 04:54:54 pm »

Hey, I gotta say I really enjoy this mod, but I was wondering whether or not the void walkers were playable? I had a blast playing as the illithids in previous version and was a little sad to see that they weren"t an option, even after genning 4 seperate worlds in the attempt to have them show up.

Siaru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 24, 2012, 06:54:48 pm »

Hey, I gotta say I really enjoy this mod, but I was wondering whether or not the void walkers were playable? I had a blast playing as the illithids in previous version and was a little sad to see that they weren"t an option, even after genning 4 seperate worlds in the attempt to have them show up.
As I believe Deon pointed out earlier, the mod is designed around the dwarves. Voidwalkers, and all other civilizations for that matter, are not playable unless you want to mod that in yourself.

Zakoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 24, 2012, 10:03:30 pm »

Does that extend to adventurers? Because I seem to have access to all but the fallen and the void walker without modification. That's more of what I was wondering about, sorry it wasn't more clear in my original post.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #476 on: December 25, 2012, 02:03:20 am »

Just a had a crash from a TRANSFORMATION. Werebeast infected a dorf victim.
Log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Rumble16

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: December 25, 2012, 04:06:12 pm »

Alright, so I made a test fortress to try using marksdwarves, as my first fort was ruined 8 years in by about 180 Merfolk bowmen, but when I was attacked int he first year and assigned the marksdwarves to go stand in the war room, right in front of the main gate, they grabbed everything but their ammunition, and proceeded to get the ever living crap beat out of them in less than five seconds.  Then, the 39 children that had come all at once in the last migrant wave, were slaughtered mercilessly and I raged for five minutes.
Is any of this a bug?  Particularly, the ammunition part, since that has destroyed my fortresses multiple times, but even the children was annoying.  What am I supposed to do with 39 kids?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #478 on: December 25, 2012, 04:15:05 pm »

To avoid kids simply keep your dwarves busy. No friends means no relationships means no kids. You still get some from immigration. I usually ignore/kill them.

Ammo can be difficult, but usually isnt buggy, but a user error. If they have training ammo, and didnt use it up, it might clog up their quivers and they dont refill with combat ammo. Make sure to station them near the enemy. If you send them with the kill command they might just run up and melee. Best is to keep no valid pathway between your archers and the enemy, your guys will still shoot, but wont engage in melee then.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rumble16

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 25, 2012, 06:29:16 pm »

Good advice, I'll try that.  The ammo thing may need practice then, but when I mentioned the children, I meant that I had a full midrant wave with no adults at all.  39 children.  My child absolute cap is 0.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 108