Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 108

Author Topic: GEℕESIS Rᶒborℕ [5.43] || Dark Fantasy + Steampunk  (Read 324197 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: ۩۩۩ GENESIS Reborn ۩۩۩ [5.13] - adventure mode classes
« Reply #540 on: January 14, 2013, 09:27:28 pm »

Yeah, wait for later version and play the one you have, and I will probably wait a while to put up a more complete release for 5.14 with more stuff like reworked vampires, necromancers and evil/good areas, animal venoms plus alchemy, a lot of cool stuff is coming, it's just this single exam which weights me down, and some online matches I have to participate in because I am in a clan :D.

Time to watch your LP!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:29:29 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: January 14, 2013, 09:36:17 pm »

Please do, I love watching let's plays. Also don't update your save, there's new stuff which is not save-compatible. If you really want to, replace /raw/ folder in your /data/save/region*/ folder with the /raw/ from the folder root of the game. But make a backup of the save first.

Alright, I'll continue with 5.12 and do a later-version sometime in the future.

Thanks for the encouragement and linking-permission!

Archives: Duskearth - a Dwarf Fortress LP is currently up to two episodes, as I just started posting it this past friday. I aim to upload new episodes  M-W-F.
Oh, and also grab the /raw/graphics/ folder and put it in your /data/save/region*/raw/ folder, it should apply the graphics fix.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

lwCoyote

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 14, 2013, 10:48:49 pm »

Will do ^_^
This is an exceptional obsidian statue of Daral Darkscab.
The item is an exceptionally designed image of Daral Darkscab the dwarf and a slag bar (massive) in obsidian by Ksoth Lolorumril. Daral Darkscab is raising the slag bar (massive). The artwork relates to the masterful slag bar (massive) created by the dwarf Daral Darkscab for the Corridor of Matyrs at Monstergores in the late spring of 312.

I'm so glad my masons have chosen to memorialize the really important events.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 14, 2013, 10:53:02 pm »

For some reason I cant move when I'm in smoke in adventure mode and neither can the NPCs. Any idea why that is?
It means you are on fire, you have to skip turns while your character freaks out, it's a common df behavior.

You can alt+move while on fire.

GloriousImp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 15, 2013, 02:34:01 pm »

It is a shame that you haven't gotten the Phoebus version done yet, still, I decided to try out the other tileset one. It looks fairly good after all.

Is there a way to close the DF hack window though? It's kind of annoying and I don't need it.
By the way the ls|dir command doesn't work for me, so I can't know if there's some simple hide command.

ADDENDUM---
As a necromancer (starter class/race) everything (as far as I can tell) that I resurrect immediately attacks me.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 03:55:41 pm by GloriousImp »

sackhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 15, 2013, 04:09:18 pm »

It is a shame that you haven't gotten the Phoebus version done yet, still, I decided to try out the other tileset one. It looks fairly good after all.

Is there a way to close the DF hack window though? It's kind of annoying and I don't need it.
By the way the ls|dir command doesn't work for me, so I can't know if there's some simple hide command.

ADDENDUM---
As a necromancer (starter class/race) everything (as far as I can tell) that I resurrect immediately attacks me.
a lot of things wont work without dfhack like the steam engines companion commands and poisoning weapons just minimize it and the command is just ls not ls/dir

GloriousImp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 15, 2013, 04:13:47 pm »

I can imagine it needs it, I would just like to hide the window since I don't need to input commands in it, not necessarily turn it off.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 15, 2013, 04:18:19 pm »

I can imagine it needs it, I would just like to hide the window since I don't need to input commands in it, not necessarily turn it off.
you could just minimize it. also Deon modded necromancer is still living. the only way I could think to help fix this is to write a script in dfhack to include the undead flag onto any unit with the necromancer caste.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

GloriousImp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 15, 2013, 04:25:15 pm »

Yeah but the point is that I switch out of the game a lot, and then usually go back to it by clicking the Dwarf Head on the application bar, since DFhack is bunched up with Dwarf Fortress, switching becomes slower.
Wouldn't be much of a problem if they were separated since when I play DF I only have Firefox running (if that).
And I do need the icons stacked because of other things I do.

Deon modded necromancer is still living
Not once my undead lion got its paws on me :\.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 15, 2013, 06:10:58 pm »

That's a problem with non-hardcoded necro resurrection, your enemies when resurrected still treat you as enemies. Even if you are not_living.

Sorry, I don't know how to fully disable dfhack window yet :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 16, 2013, 07:19:25 am »

Hmm some of Artorias of the Abyss stuff would be cool can't wait to see where you go with the dark soul's stuff. :D
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:06:24 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Nedinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 16, 2013, 03:40:54 pm »

Been having trouble downloading the ASCII version. It always times out at around 2.4mb to 2.6mb. Tried about seven times (four last night and three this morning) and tried the IronHand version once, with the same result.

Editted to add: Hmm, seems to be doing to the same thing with another mod. Must be something wrong with my internet, not the download.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:05:51 pm by Nedinu »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Creatures:
- Megabeast graphics are fixed once and for all.
- Added a selection of birds: albatross, buzzard, eagle, owl, penguin, seagull, vulture.
- Added a new megabeast: chimaera. A huge quadruped scaled beast with two small rudimentary arms on its chest. Its bite turns victims into scarabs (if they survive).
- Added a new creature: rat. A big rodent found in caves.
- Added a new wetland dweller: bog frog. They are many and usually harmless, and you can butcher them to get glands of sleeping venom or domesticate for eggs.
- Added a bunch of sounds to a big number of creatures for adventure mode.
- All megabeasts have sounds. You will notice them from far away now.
Poisons/venoms:
- In fortress mode you cannot coat with poison/venom just any weapon anymore. Now only arrows, bolts and spears can be coated. No more poisoned clubs and it makes spears more useful.
- Added a lot of different animal venoms. Animal venom glands can be gathered from butchering of multiple different creatures, even if they are not poisonous per se.
- Venom glands are considered "plants" and are stored as such; use plant processing job to get venoms as extracts from them.
- Agony venom glands come from: spore colonies, thallids, salamanders, green slimes.
- Fever venom glands come from: rats, sand rats.
- Hex venom glands come from: zauri, kodo beasts, pekyts.
- Madness venom glands come from: gully shriekers, red slimes.
- Paralysis venom glands come from: black spiders, monstrous spiders, scorpids, scorpions, deep spiders.
- Sepsis venom glands come from: monitors.
- Sleeping venom glands come from: saprolings, blue slimes, bog frogs.
- Weakening venom glands come from: scarabs, deep spiders
Adventure mode:
- Adventurers can no longer pull poisons "out of thin air". You have to find creatures with glands, butcher them and press glands into waterskins to get venoms.
- As a bonus, you can still poison any weapon, but don't waste your hard-earned venoms on blunt weapons.
- Adventurers can now craft leather pants.

Adventurers now need to work for their poisons, but it's quite easily achievable (especially with new animal sounds). Regarding animal sounds, you now hear birds screaming very often, and you can often learn which types of creatures are nearby by their sounds from afar. Not 100% are done, but most of the animals you encounter have sounds.

Also you can sew leather pants. I don't know why didn't I make such crafting recipe before...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 12:09:26 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

By the way, the alchemy and arena tweaking are coming to an end, so now that I'm mostly done with animal venoms I should work on them.

P.S. And please, if you play my mod and experience any problems like graphical glitches or something you do not agree with (like design choices) please post in this thread and report it. It's not very easy to track everything down myself when I have all this job and university stuff going on :).
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 01:18:15 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile

- In fortress mode you cannot coat with poison/venom just any weapon anymore. Now only arrows, bolts and spears can be coated.

Not even bladed weapons? I mean, I can understand poisoned clubs not making too much sense, but a poisoned blade does make sense.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 108