Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089926 times)

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It could be a flat "This base gives +20 to everyone".

I'm guess that's going to be the case.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

It'd be more fair for you as a person, but this can be used as a faction-leveler (as in making the playing field level): If the most populous faction has to share the resources, they will have more people but less cool vehicles than the smaller but richer faction. Also, people would want to play the faction with the least # of people, to get the best income.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But at the same time, would it be fun? What if the faction you picked at the begging became super popular, all the sudden you can't afford anything cool, and are relegated to infantry with basic weapons.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Yeah, that's why they probably wouldn't do it, even if it made more sense from a simulation perspective.

Since when are games supposed to be fun?! (as opposed to Fun)

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Says the guy who insists that we use technology from the 1980s. :P
Doesn't mean its still really useful. :P
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

US 15
EU 13
AUS 2
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:52:37 pm by draco1234 »

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Found something interesting:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Alloys (yellow) = Flash(10), Sunderer(150), Grenades(10)
Polymers (green) = Lightning(80), Mosquito(125), Reaver(125), Scythe(125)
Catalysts (orange) = Prowler(100), Magrider(100), Vanguard(100), Liberator(150)

It shows the (current) layout for resources.  And the first thing that strikes me is that the NC have tons of catalyst, but hardly any polymers, which means light aircraft will be hard to come by, but they can field heavy vehicles by the dozen.
There also seems to be a very high concentration of polymers in the Vanu territory.  Also, here's another image of the same map (sans resources) that shows the large, Aurixium producing facilities better.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But at the same time, would it be fun? What if the faction you picked at the begging became super popular, all the sudden you can't afford anything cool, and are relegated to infantry with basic weapons.
I don't think this is necessarily true.  First, if a faction has a much higher population, they'll be able to capture and hold more of the map, greatly increasing their income.  There's also the fact that it would take a massive population spike to cause vehicles to become prohibitively expensive.  Having a flat rate would also create an incredibly unstable equilibrium on any given server (as increasing the number of players gives a resource advantage in addition to a fighting force advantage).

Also, add one for the NA server

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also dont forget we arent even in beta its easy to swap out ressource location on a map from their side, its just a line of code to swap out and also, thats only one map.
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

I love how you say you have a steam group and even put it in the thread title, but don't tell anyone the name. :P
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I'm not in control of the OP or the thread title, though I am in control of the second post.  So I think I'll tweak that and get the OP to refer to second post for info!

Group name is "DF - Planetside 2 Chapter" with the abbreviation DF-PS2

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

Thanks. It wasn't much fun shifting through half the thread for the sole time the Group name was dropped.

I just joined. Don't have a Key, but currently crossing my fingers and hoping I will. (Note: Given my luck, I most likely won't.)
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

Thanks. It wasn't much fun shifting through half the thread for the sole time the Group name was dropped.

I just joined. Don't have a Key, but currently crossing my fingers and hoping I will. (Note: Given my luck, I most likely won't.)

Who knows, I have crappy luck and got one, so you still have a chance.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

I'll bet that I'll be one of the last people they'd consider for beta access since I played PS1 back before I donned the username I'm using now, and I don't have any purchased games tied to this name.

Still, I've signed up months ago, so hopefully it'll pan out. Otherwise I'll just wait for the release. (>_> or a generous offer...)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Well, it would be far better to generously give me a beta key, because all the others who want one are terrible people. For the duration that I don't have a key. :P
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll bet that I'll be one of the last people they'd consider for beta access since I played PS1 back before I donned the username I'm using now, and I don't have any purchased games tied to this name.

Still, I've signed up months ago, so hopefully it'll pan out. Otherwise I'll just wait for the release. (>_> or a generous offer...)
If you still have your old SOE account (and the attached email) you should get an email when beta starts.  From what I hear it's
Anyone who ever had a PS1 subscription = People who got a code from GI > People who got a code at E3 > People who got a code on twitter/FB > People who signed up (and don't have a code)
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 826