Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084988 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile

I don't see a problem with the NC theme, really. They all fit the factions quite well.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, I'm just going to turn the in-game music off anyway.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile

Is there an aircraft that can be described as a light bomber/strike aircraft?

If so, I'll gladly fly that. In the YSFlight simulation (Really good simulator, very realistic physics), I can fly a Kfir upside down just 20 meters above the ground. You can leave flying in under the radar to me.

I'm also okay at high-altitude bombing, if that's possible.

I'm thinking some of the weapon/equpment for each faction-exclusive aircraft will have enough variety so they can play either Fighter or Fighter/bomber (I'm guessing that's what you mean by light bomber?) or pure Anti-Ground (Anti-infantry or Anti-Armour most likely). We'll have to see once they roll beta out what the equipment will be. As for the Liberator, it doesn't even see like a classic bomber anymore, but more like an AC130 style gunship (essentially large aircraft with tank cannon attached).

Yeah, fighter-bomber is what I meant >_>

I'm just a bit of a derp sometimes :P

Anyways, I need something that is just fast. Maneuverability isn't too important for me, simply because of how I fly. Preferably, lots of missiles instead of bombs. I don't want the explosions from the bombs hitting me. High-drag bombs would work too.
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well in that case, I'm sure the weapon customization will allow you to equip a multi-role aircraft easily enough. I know the mosquito in the live feed from E3 seemed to by flying with non-guided air to surface missles, as well as it's standard cannons, and I'm sure we'll have tons of other options, so worry not. I'll be interested to see if we get more traditional bombs as well though, only time will tell!

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

Eh, I'm just going to turn the in-game music off anyway.
The only game that I do that with is minecraft due to the music inconsistency.

Feels like the only reason I'm going to play NC at all is because of this outfit...
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Anyways, I need something that is just fast. Maneuverability isn't too important for me, simply because of how I fly. Preferably, lots of missiles instead of bombs. I don't want the explosions from the bombs hitting me. High-drag bombs would work too.
Reaver (NC) is probably the heaviest armed/armored and the least maneuverable (although it can still do a lot) of the three faction specific aircraft. In PS1 it was available to all factions, and it was my favourite vehicle (next to the galaxy).

Feels like the only reason I'm going to play NC at all is because of this outfit...
There's so many other reasons :) But the Nickelback music isn't one of them, I have to agree... Both the TR and VS soundtracks sound way better. I hope the final version is a lot better.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 03:11:54 pm by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Damnit... The VS music is the sort of thing I'd want to listen to when fighting, the other two have combat music that do nothing for me...

I WANT a mosquito... Played TR the most in PS1... But it's like VS keeps calling me.

PenguinOverlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How did you all get beta keys, anyway?
CleverBot: It hurts when you laugh at me.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

More importantly, when does this beta start?! /wants play/

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got a key by being one of the first 30 to post a comment on a news article somewhere, and beta starts "soon".

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

More importantly, when does this beta start?! /wants play/

Supposedly one of the devs mentioned a big announcement next week, so fingers crossed :)

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You could always join Nilocy in the TR or myself in the VS instead of spending your time wearing flannel, listening to Nickelback, and crashing aircraft into rocks.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

I'll be lubing up by aircraft now.  Where it's going to crash, it's going to need lube, and you'll probably want dinner and a movie first you TR scum.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

[empty threats]

If I were a tree, cactus, or other piece of inanimate scenery I might be worried.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

That looks more like a VS ship's perspective than a TR one to me.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 [82] 83 84 ... 826