Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089353 times)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

Because the game has "balance" and only carries 12 inside.  But we're going to be exploiting them and carrying them atop!  You know, where they can get shot at more easily.

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

Because the game has "balance" and only carries 12 inside.  But we're going to be exploiting them and carrying them atop!  You know, where they can get shot at more easily.
Thats the point!  Our allies get 'transport', and we get free meatshields for our aircraft  ;) It's a win-win.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Mh.
Not so win-win when the plane you are flying is going to crash head-first into a enemy base. On purpose, obviously.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile

Mh.
Not so win-win when the plane you are flying is going to crash head-first into a enemy base. On purpose, obviously.
Damn, you're right. It's not win-win. It's win-win-WIN.

Sting_Auer

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_WAR_DOG_HORDES]
    • View Profile

So the Terran Republic is MOAR DAKKA, the Vanu Sovereignty is PEW PEW LAZERS, and the New Conglomerate is "MAKE IT BIGGER"
Thank you everyone for the help! I've since flooded the fortress I was working on and now have a new one going up.

Blizzlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Rarely posting anymore.
    • View Profile

The NC builds their stuff in a cave. With a box of scraps.

They are not only dwarfy, but also downright orky. :D
Quote from: a Swedish electronics teacher
In Sweden, digital electronics is considered unteachable. That is why you are not being taught about it.
Most attempts of sesquipedalian loquaciousness on the internet will most likely end up in egregious delusions of eloquence. Finagle's law commands it!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I believe it's been mentioned, but a bunch of NC stuff is repurposed mining equipment. Sound familiar?  :P

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

I believe it's been mentioned, but a bunch of NC stuff is repurposed mining equipment. Sound familiar?  :P

'You strike the TR soldier in the arm with the humongous mining lazer!'
'the severed part sails off in an arc!'

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

In PS1, a favourite troll/grief pastime (not me!) was to load up a Galaxy with strangers, then head towards the ocean/volcano, and kick everyone out. I wonder how and if they will stop people from doing that.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

draco1234

• Bay Watcher
  • What's the worst that can happen?
    • View Profile

In PS1, a favourite troll/grief pastime (not me!) was to load up a Galaxy with strangers, then head towards the ocean/volcano, and kick everyone out. I wonder how and if they will stop people from doing that.
I don't think you can kick people out in PS2.  You could just crash into the volcano, but then your Galaxy might get scratched :P
(Mind you, not being able to kick people out could have it's own problems, with people camping in your transport and refusing to get out to make room for your outfit, etc.)

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile

It'll still be possible, but grant you massive grief points and get the GM's on your tail.  So, it's possible exactly once.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The most entertaining variation I saw was "Navy SEAL Training", where you land a galaxy and announce that you're doing "Navy SEAL Training", then dumping everyone into the ocean, the best griefs being the ones that (i.) only work once and (ii.) punish (and only succeed due to) some perceived flaw, such as naiveté (not knowing the "Navy SEAL Training" joke) or pretentiousness (signing up for "Navy SEAL Training" in a game).  The big problem in PS1 was that in the end mossies were a much faster and more reliable means of transportation (both due to not being a giant, slow-moving target, not sticking all of your eggs in one basket, and not having to rely on a random pubbie), so the only people who boarded (pubbie) galaxies were those without AirCav.  It looks like they're trying to fix this in PS2 with vehicle resource costs and penalties for non galaxy ejection.

As it's difficult to automatically detect, I suspect they'll try to combat dropship griefing by having a report button.  Twelve people simultaneously giving a player a vote of no-confidence would probably attract much more mod ire than accidentally shooting a couple of allies.

edit: "penalties" was likely bad word choice, as the "you threw away ~100 resources crashing a plane" is mentioned in the first part of the sentence
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 05:42:32 pm by Microcline »

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

You can eject from any of the craft, you just need an ejection seat instead of something like flares (or like at least one person in the E3 stuff did, epic timing)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

So, think there's much chance of getting all 79 (so far) Bay12'ers interested in Planetside into an outfit?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, think there's much chance of getting all 79 (so far) Bay12'ers interested in Planetside into an outfit?

I doubt it, there are some who simply refuse to join with the New Conglomerate. Fools.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 826