Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084941 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3660 on: October 31, 2012, 06:40:28 pm »

I was always a master at aiming the base rocket launcher. I used to send rockets across the Crown valley to kill tanks shooting across, and I usually hit. Mainly because they never expected me to actually be able to aim a rocket across the valley. I really don't know why I even bothered switching, probably because I thought the AT launcher would be just as good and better. (Which it was, for a while...)
Nothing important here, move along.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: October 31, 2012, 07:23:05 pm »

so, still not in the outfit, it is NC right (on US west with name Tureth)  Will be on, playing off/on due to handing out candy.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: October 31, 2012, 11:55:50 pm »

.......{AA Rocket - Hawk - Questions}...........
Shooting from one of the defensive towers outside the NC warpgate on Esamir, I aimed the AA rocket at the window of the hut just off the road, the rocket did not drop and exploded inside the building.  How much damage it did is still up for conjecture, but I was launching rockets at damaged Scythes and the rocket pursues them for ages and still hits them unless they have counter-measures.  Managed to get a few kills like this today.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: November 01, 2012, 03:37:28 am »

so, still not in the outfit, it is NC right (on US west with name Tureth)  Will be on, playing off/on due to handing out candy.
We need a post with a roster somewhere, and you can try friendinging/telling anyone on that list, that'll let you know who is online.

Who is currently active and in charge of this whole thing?

Edit: Useful galaxy: weapons platform http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRZEu80AwOk
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 04:22:08 am by Siquo »

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Upcoming MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. Beta is beta folks.
« Reply #3665 on: November 01, 2012, 04:55:27 am »

I have made a spreadsheet so we can get a hold of how many players we have that are from B12. And I guess we can use it for other things too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmqRIjfuhTTJdFJPRFh3ZGNaZGFCTXNmQlY0YWw3LVE#gid=0

Can the OP or Girlinhat stick the link on the front page?

Does that help guys?
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: November 01, 2012, 05:33:54 am »

That one's horribly outdated, and doesn't say who is in the outfit and who isn't...

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: November 01, 2012, 07:22:22 am »

Edit: Useful galaxy: weapons platform http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRZEu80AwOk
Holy fuck.

Some guys in TR did that a few months back. seems easier with the magrider though.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #3668 on: November 01, 2012, 12:09:31 pm »

Thebe was down when I first logged on, so I made a Vanu char on Lysithea. First time I ever really seriously played a Vanu char, and the first time I drove a magrider long enough to realize how amazing they are. So damned maneuverable, and they take to hills like a mountain goat. Having a hand at the wheel of one makes me realize just how incompetent most magrider pilots are.

Played a couple hours in one, got in and out of a lot of very hot situations that my vanguard definitely wouldn't have survived. Never did get killed, although I came very close numerous times. Dodging tank shells and rockets, strafing tanks to peg them in the back, mowing over infantry. At one point I slammed into an NC sunderer and just mowed around it running over the infantry as they spawned while I shelled it. By the end I was very very near death from a few determined heavies' rockets, but I survived - and got at least 15 kills in the process. Granted, the sunderer was in a pretty open space that let me just strafe around it and crush everyone - but I couldn't have done that in a vanguard. Those poor engineers trying to repair the sunderer just got squished between the sundy and my magrider.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: November 01, 2012, 12:49:31 pm »

I'm laughing so hard at this. I wonder if you can get a sunderer on there, or what happens if you deploy a prowler. Will it just slide off?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: November 01, 2012, 01:15:18 pm »

A deployed prowler would probably slide off, yes. The undeployed one had to move itself to 'keep up' with the Galaxy. They managed to bring it up to one of the biodomes, though. The trip was so slow that it would be practically useless unless you had early warning.
Nothing important here, move along.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: November 01, 2012, 03:09:39 pm »

So angry right now, so much BS from the most recent act of holding Havar Tech Plant. Scythes one hitting me while dodging out of my AArockets with ease, those that get hit disappear to safety at over half health. Get the drop on countless TR and VS yet I the one dieing As soon as they turn Around. ALL armour and Sun dies are outside my ATrocket range and my mouse dodging the 4 pixels needed to be targeted for a dumb fire to hit...

Gay... I hope my future upgrade to my PC helps fix some problems....
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: November 01, 2012, 04:16:05 pm »

In other news: I just picked up a logitech joystick, all dem reaveh bitches be raped!
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: November 01, 2012, 06:45:09 pm »

Are any of you playing on the EU servers? I'm currently inhabiting the Eurydome one. I'm still playing TR, for the motherlands. I'm really enjoying the mossy. Real fun when it comes to dog fighting scythes, I tend to be able to keep toe to toe with them only for another 8 of them to come and spoil the fun : (

I'm having absurd fun with my new computer that can actually run PS2. Even though I'm only getting 30FPS in major battles, which is rubbish considering.

Alsooo, sorry about the constant plugging. But if b12ers don't have an EU TR outfit and want one then come along to my clans first proper games night on PS2. http://www.nimbleminds.eu/forum/index.php?page=CalendarViewEvent&eventID=301 We're going to be recruiting all night, doing ops and generally having a chill time.

Edit: IGN is Nilocy
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 06:47:58 pm by Nilocy »

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: November 01, 2012, 08:02:29 pm »

The menu feels like it is rendering at a high framerate, higher than I remember... how is my FPS in-game now? Answer, about the same.

Note to self: equipt the items you get from certs, and check if they are items and not upgrades to current equipment.

Hmm, I seem to be halfway decent at sniper, long range combat is more my style I think, less danger to myself and the snipers usually are quite powerful compared to the other guns. (per hit)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 09:26:17 pm by bluejello »
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 826