Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084953 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been thinking close to what you just described.  The exp value of capping a point should be drastically upgraded, but then divided up among the people involved.  Capture rewards are pitiful right now, which is strange considering it's the whole point of the game.  This would encourage more active dispersion and probing of the front lines for weakness, which would then lead to a wider variety of smaller scale, more strategic battles and a tug of war that spans the map.  Only possible downside would be in-fighting when outfits get angry at pubs stealing their exp during a cap.

I agree, but it should also be capped at something like 450-500xp per person.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile

One thing I did think about: skewing XP based on continent population instead of world.

Perhaps have 10% reduced XP for having overwhelming forces, or 30-50% bonus for being horribly outnumbered. That would make it so that low-pop continents getting steamrolled would have an incentive to be defended and prevent stuff like the 46%/46%/7% we had on Indar yesterday. On the flip side, though, it would probably discourage a zerg in general to try and snatch land and hold it.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

One thing I did think about: skewing XP based on continent population instead of world.

Perhaps have 10% reduced XP for having overwhelming forces, or 30-50% bonus for being horribly outnumbered. That would make it so that low-pop continents getting steamrolled would have an incentive to be defended and prevent stuff like the 46%/46%/7% we had on Indar yesterday. On the flip side, though, it would probably discourage a zerg in general to try and snatch land and hold it.
I always take my Platoons into captured land and try and Chain Cap to the best defendable locations and hold them. The TR/VS usually pour straight at us when we do. And with a Good defense, we keep everything going nicely...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile

and prevent stuff like the 46%/46%/7% we had on Indar yesterday.

Where do you find the continent population %?  Would make the "where am I going to fight?" process a little more informed when I log in.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and prevent stuff like the 46%/46%/7% we had on Indar yesterday.

Where do you find the continent population %?  Would make the "where am I going to fight?" process a little more informed when I log in.

On the world map. There's a graph in the top-left corner, which IIRC defaults to "world population". There's a drop down above it that lets you switch to "continent population".

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

There is nothing more glorious than hitting a ESF with a vanguard.
I can aim better with this thing then i expected.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For a second I thought you meant 'running into an ESF with a vanguard', and I was really going to congratulate you!

I've never shot a mobile ESF with a Vanguard, but I did kill one on a landing pad once. That sorta counts, right?

Charmander

• Bay Watcher
  • [!!TAIL!!]
    • View Profile

There is nothing more glorious than hitting a ESF with a vanguard.
I can aim better with this thing then i expected.

Bullseyeing a cocky ESF pilot with the AV cannon on the Lightning is rewarding. And a shot can tear a chunk out of a Lib or a Gal and make them think twice about hanging around... but they have to be practically sitting ducks to do that.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

SOE's John Smedley is actually impacting the hacking scene in this game in a meaningful way. I see that his war with ArtificialAiming which has been very public is now turning in favor of SOE. IP and hardware ID bans are already happening and it is widely speculated that this weekend's 2x XP event is to be a big battle between hackers and security in PS2. Hackers calling it RAGE saturday and SOE saying it has extra measures deploying soon. Very interesting!

Also, it should be noted that using VPN to spoof IP and changing GUID settings to spoof HWID are not a long term deterrent.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

double post is worth it when:
I used my squads spawn beacon to drop down through a Galaxy with 10 passengers which gave me more than 2000xp. Best part? 2 mins later took out a liberator. FUN!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I used my squads spawn beacon to drop down through a Galaxy with 10 passengers which gave me more than 2000xp. Best part? 2 mins later took out a liberator. FUN!

So, not to alarm you or anything, but you MAY be a god, sent to Auraxis to wreck havoc amongst the pitiful humans. Just saying.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Made a thread on the SOE forums about capture rewards.  Got a bunch of TLDRs and buried to the 2nd page within a couple hours.

Sigh... This forum has spoiled me.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, not to alarm you or anything, but you MAY be a god, sent to Auraxis to wreck havoc amongst the pitiful humans. Just saying.

Well, let's see:

* He might be a god. In which case, praying to him may net awesome kill streaks, and not praying to him may cause the earth to rise up and consume my Reaver... again.

* He might not be a god. In which case, prayer is totally useless.

TL;DR: Worship hemmingjay unless he demands more than 2 sacrificial goats.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile

Gaaaaaaaaaah!  RAEG!!!!!

I was on a kill-streak on Briggs/Amerish, the VS continually repairing phalanx which I would take out just as fast, often with the gunner on board - loving the 2x exp, btw - then, CTD.........
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Miller, NC defending the crown for a few hours late at night from simultaneous attacks from both vanu & TR. Glorious Xp, as an engineer i managed to get 60k~ in less than 2 hours.

I used my squads spawn beacon to drop down through a Galaxy with 10 passengers which gave me more than 2000xp.

Lucky guy, must been almost dead already because the drop pods don't actually do that much damage(more than a rocket though).
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 826