Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089714 times)

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #5715 on: February 02, 2013, 05:30:20 pm »

Yeah, the Magrider is now only able to strafe at 15 km/h, 30-35 km/h if going forwards as well.
Basically, the Prowler is able to strafe at four times the speed of a Magrider with more than half of the armor. Then they get a bunch of buffs to HEAT and AP and now the Magrider is completely useless at strafing.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5716 on: February 02, 2013, 06:04:33 pm »

Higby's posted a few mins ago that the reduced strafe speed on Magriders is a bug, it wasn't supposed to be reduced.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: February 02, 2013, 06:12:44 pm »

Except that they pretty much explicitly stated in the patch notes that they were preventing Magriders from gaining an advantage in hill-climbing by moving forward and strafing at the same time. Which makes bugger-all sense to begin with; a hovertank bloody well should do better with inclines than a tracked vehicle.

Shotgun felt satisfying testing it on a wall. Couldn't kill any enemies at 5fps, of course.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #5718 on: February 02, 2013, 06:58:22 pm »

For those who have been suffering fps issues since the patch, apparently deleting UserOptions.ini and allowing it to redownload has fixed this for a number of people.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: February 02, 2013, 07:15:49 pm »

Hm. I'll try that and see how it works out.

3. Run Resize Enable

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: February 02, 2013, 07:19:55 pm »

Also one of the devs broadcasted to try changing to windowed and back.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: February 02, 2013, 07:26:16 pm »

For those who have been suffering fps issues since the patch, apparently deleting UserOptions.ini and allowing it to redownload has fixed this for a number of people.

Yea, its basically been the point that you should do this after every major update. Remember having to do this weekly during beta.

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5722 on: February 02, 2013, 10:42:43 pm »

Dice, the Magrider absolutely needs a climbing nerf.  I play it about 75% of my time and even I think its ridiculous what you can climb with it, the thing shouldn't be a mountain goat.  I know exactly what they're talking about (using strafe to climb an incline that you can't nose up on) and it makes sense to reduce that.  It doesn't make sense to reduce the strafe speed, just the strafe climb.  It still climbs way better than any other tank.  Even with the reductions I can still get places, it just takes longer and requires more thought (and a goose of Magboost when stuck).

My FPS is ruined though, its at about 10fps in fights now.  Changing to windowed and back didn't help at all.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: February 02, 2013, 10:47:31 pm »

Yeah, but the issue is that they nerfed the movement speed either alongside of or in order to accomplish the climbing nerf. At this point the Mag is fucked, because the whole point of the tradeoff is that instead of having a turret it is supposed to be able to strafe really well.

3. Run Resize Enable

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: February 02, 2013, 10:54:02 pm »

My FPS has dropped from 100 to 70-ish in unpopulated areas, even after deleting the ini file and changing from full screen to windowed.

Also noticed that in the map screen statistics box, the reported % population bonuses are not the same as those on the first person screen.  Another fuck up.  My mistake, there is now a +10% defense bonus when you are defending a facility.

Although, I see with the Warpgate wheel of fortune, that the VS now have to deal with the launch-pad shenanigans on Esamir, good luck getting responses to your bug reports, guys.  I've been reporting the lack of a fix since the open-beta.  {Gravity-pad skipping, sometimes leading to death, sometimes just firing you off a couple of hundred meters into the landscape.}  They also get to die on Indar, jumping from the warpgate to the defensive towers and suiciding, for no apparent reason, on the gravity pad.

Maybe the devs will take note when another bunch of bug reports start coming in.  {But why should they start listening to us now?}
[/cynicism]
« Last Edit: February 02, 2013, 11:39:56 pm by Darkening Kaos »
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: February 02, 2013, 10:54:53 pm »

The defender-locked jump pads are a nice change.  The VS were abusing it at a Rashnu tower to pop in and out, except I was in a tower turret that could hit the landing pad...

I think I got 20 kills before someone finally C4ed me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: February 03, 2013, 12:09:06 am »

Down for a hotfix.

If I got anything other than 403s on the PS2 forum I might know what was in it!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: February 03, 2013, 12:11:18 am »

On the plus side, we no longer have to deal with Allatum. The TR are welcome to it.

By the by, another fix is to set the overall graphics quality to -1 and texture quality to 0. 0 is actually the ultra setting for textures, and for whatever reason it helps your fps. I gained about ~6-7fps from it, and everything is prettier.

Mattherson is down, possibly for a hotfix.

ed: ninjas.

3. Run Resize Enable

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #5728 on: February 03, 2013, 12:15:09 am »

Servers are coming down for a quick patch, for "outstanding issues".

Aside from the hilarious double meaning for "outstanding issues", hopefully this will fix up some of the FPS problems folks have been having.

Fake Edit: Dang ninjas.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: February 03, 2013, 12:21:08 am »

Counterintuitivly, increasing the graphics can help a bunch. The reason being some of the lowest settings offload the work from the gpu to the cpu, which makes sense in most games, but is absolutly a terrible idea in this case.
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 826