Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084989 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #5850 on: February 07, 2013, 03:24:52 pm »

Well I've only got one character, and I think as soon as I hopped on there was only one US East server, so it's probably that one.  I can delete/make new to accommodate new servers.  I'll try Miller, I s'pose.

I hate Magriders...  Those things just annoy me.  Tanks.  That strafe.  Apparently it's a running NC joke - "VS Battle tactics: Magrider gets destroyed -> log out."  Although apparently VS has some sort of anti-armor rifle or something.  At least I think it is.  When I'm tanking around the Crown, it's always VS on the other side of the bridge, and I get a solid WHAM to the hull and take damage.  There's no tracer lines or anything, so I have no idea what's going on, but apparently they've got like 50 cal pounding rifles or something...

Also yeah, zerg rushes rarely work for anything.  Would love to get in some organized play!

I know what you're talking about and have no idea what it actually is, but it isn't VS-only. There'd be even more OMG VS OP whining on the official forums if it was.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5851 on: February 07, 2013, 03:26:06 pm »

I need to know what this weapon is, because it's ridiculous at pounding tank armor.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5852 on: February 07, 2013, 03:26:21 pm »

Well I've only got one character, and I think as soon as I hopped on there was only one US East server, so it's probably that one.  I can delete/make new to accommodate new servers.  I'll try Miller, I s'pose.

I hate Magriders...  Those things just annoy me.  Tanks.  That strafe.  Apparently it's a running NC joke - "VS Battle tactics: Magrider gets destroyed -> log out."  Although apparently VS has some sort of anti-armor rifle or something.  At least I think it is.  When I'm tanking around the Crown, it's always VS on the other side of the bridge, and I get a solid WHAM to the hull and take damage.  There's no tracer lines or anything, so I have no idea what's going on, but apparently they've got like 50 cal pounding rifles or something...

Also yeah, zerg rushes rarely work for anything.  Would love to get in some organized play!

I know what you're talking about and have no idea what it actually is, but it isn't VS-only. There'd be even more OMG VS OP whining on the official forums if it was.

I think its actually a rendering bug with the rockets, where the flare and smoke trail fails to render.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5853 on: February 07, 2013, 03:37:39 pm »

I think its actually a rendering bug with the rockets, where the flare and smoke trail fails to render.

That was my guess, because it was often preceded by a lockon telltale.

3. Run Resize Enable

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5854 on: February 07, 2013, 03:39:27 pm »

That was my guess, because it was often preceded by a lockon telltale.
Not only that, but I've only seen it happen during really intense fights, the same ones that cause the rendering logic to get all screwy.\

EDIT: Also, for your sanity, just avoid the official forums, that place is a cancer. PSU is marginally better.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5855 on: February 07, 2013, 04:26:10 pm »

For the "pounding gun", I'd say it is the Magrider secondary, the infamous Saron laser gun. A second delay before fire (which make it nigh impossible to aim while moving), but a heavy hit with very high velocity, small bullet and almost no drop. Clip of one. And very little splash.

In other news, I just bought the Solstice SF (vanu carbine) underbarrel grenade launcher! woo! I'll try to get the x4 scope next and I'll switch guns definitively.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5856 on: February 07, 2013, 04:34:52 pm »

For the "pounding gun", I'd say it is the Magrider secondary, the infamous Saron laser gun. A second delay before fire (which make it nigh impossible to aim while moving), but a heavy hit with very high velocity, small bullet and almost no drop. Clip of one. And very little splash.

In other news, I just bought the Solstice SF (vanu carbine) underbarrel grenade launcher! woo! I'll try to get the x4 scope next and I'll switch guns definitively.

It's not, both because (as I mentioned above) I've had it happen repeatedly to me as VS, and because the Saron leaves a very visible trail.

Solstice SF + ammo packs and a good camping spot is about the most annoying I've ever been in this game, I think.  :P

3. Run Resize Enable

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5857 on: February 07, 2013, 04:36:17 pm »

It's not, both because (as I mentioned above) I've had it happen repeatedly to me as VS, and because the Saron leaves a very visible trail.

Solstice SF + ammo packs and a good camping spot is about the most annoying I've ever been in this game, I think.  :P

My most annoying is a Bolt Action with a 12x scope and a cooperative render distance. I must be 10 pixels tall to the guys I was shooting XD

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5858 on: February 07, 2013, 04:42:17 pm »

3. Run Resize Enable

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5859 on: February 07, 2013, 04:45:43 pm »

oh man, just saw a whole platoon of reavers dive bomb the shit out of a few bases, that was hilarious

then i got in a lib and accidentally jumped out at 500m, leaving my gunner to die  :<

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #5860 on: February 07, 2013, 04:46:34 pm »

the Saron leaves a very visible trail.
Well, I was always shooting it, but I was under the impression that, while the mag' main gun and generally all VS rockets leave a shiny blue trail, the saron itself does not. To be confirmed. :-\
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5861 on: February 07, 2013, 04:52:16 pm »

Regardless.  I've got a Miller NC character, to prove I can connect.  Serious connecting drag, but once connected it seems to run fine.  Either way, where's the squad and where can I start shooting stuff?

Also my 'main' is on Jaeger or somesuch.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5862 on: February 07, 2013, 05:04:04 pm »

I've got a TR on Miller, will be fun hunting you guys down eventually :P

@Twiggie

That happens to a lot of people, your best bet is to remap the disembark key for aircraft to something that's slightly out of way (U for me) so it doesn't happen on accident :D
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5863 on: February 07, 2013, 05:07:18 pm »

I moved my key to avoid an accidental exit.

Then died because I couldn't get out of the Galaxy in time, as I flailed away on the E key.  D'oh.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5864 on: February 07, 2013, 05:12:18 pm »

can't count the number of times a quick entry to a vehicle saved me as I was getting shot... I'll leave my e key right where it is...
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 826