Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089460 times)

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6225 on: February 22, 2013, 02:58:05 pm »

Anyone else on Cobalt or Lithcorp, here is a good overview of the two servers' current state, major outfits and other important points.

Brief summary of Cobalt;
NC has numbers, broken up into many formally allied outfits that occasionally get together to stomp everyone else.
VS either have [OWND] next to their name or not. If they do they are rolling floating with a dozen Magriders and heavy air cover and it's time to retreat. If they don't then they can and should be farmed.
TR are there as well. I've been actively seeking them out for fights and still end up spending more than double the time fighting Vanu.

I'm currently in Liberties Vanguard ([LVD]) which is part of the Cobalt Alliance. Last time I joined in the Alliance ops we were a dedicated anti-air battery, running two AA Sundies and a pair of skyguards supporting the 301st's tank platoon push on Esamir. Really good fun, although we did end up getting stomped pretty hard. As always we ended up running into massed [OWND] Mags, losing most of our vehicles and getting pushed back.

It looks like NC have numbers on Lithcorp as well, so if we can run more coordinated more often we will probably start taking continents. The problem is, because everyone is split across many outfits, outside formal ops we tend not to have much in the way of group organisation.

Now, now, we in OWND aren't always in Mags, sometimes we are in massed battle buses of Max's. :P You probably notice us more because we seem to be the only ones in the VS who keep an eye on the continents other than Indar and when we respond to rescue a continent we move whole platoons over at once. PTMC are the other main VS outfit operating on Cobalt at the moment though they tend to stick to Indar more frequently.

NC have definitely been putting up more of a fight over the past couple of weeks since they started organising, particularly on Esamir. Had some truly massive tank battles there over the past two weeks. NC pop seems to have risen a fair bit as well since the warpgate rotation, it's not uncommon to see a 5%-10% pop advantage to NC on Esamir during peak times.

TR have some good individual players and small groups but the main mass of them rarely leave the area around the crown in significant numbers. They also seem to suffer from a higher number of hackers, though that may be biased by seeing such a relatively small number of TR on the other continents.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6226 on: February 22, 2013, 03:07:23 pm »

I'm on Lith. Used to belong to [IVGD], but they were either inactive or there was no leadership, and then it's just dead weight cramping my style :)

So nowadays I just solo a bit, or temporarily team up with other loners, as having no squad is better than having a sucky one.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6227 on: February 22, 2013, 03:24:06 pm »

Hmm, that Alliance is a good idea for Mattherson, really. But then again, there are only a few outfits on Mattherson NC. The main ones are probably MU, TAS, GOON and the Blue Lions.

And DORF!

The three of us are a force to be reckoned with!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6228 on: February 22, 2013, 03:43:05 pm »

Seems like my TR character on Soltech is getting merged over. Be nice fighting you guys.  ;)

From Soltech I can say TR has a couple good outfits, and we often own more than 33% of the map, so it will probably help balance out Matherson once the merger occurs.

I'm not sure if it's different on other servers, but there's definitely a lot of vehicle play in Soltech. It's basically rolling tank columns capping territories, along with the endless battle at the crown.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6229 on: February 22, 2013, 03:58:04 pm »

Now, now, we in OWND aren't always in Mags, sometimes we are in massed battle buses of Max's. :P

Note to self; (yet) more randomly placed tank mines.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6230 on: February 22, 2013, 04:09:21 pm »

Seems like my TR character on Soltech is getting merged over. Be nice fighting you guys.  ;)

From Soltech I can say TR has a couple good outfits, and we often own more than 33% of the map, so it will probably help balance out Matherson once the merger occurs.

I'm not sure if it's different on other servers, but there's definitely a lot of vehicle play in Soltech. It's basically rolling tank columns capping territories, along with the endless battle at the crown.

Sounds like you'll fit right in.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6231 on: February 22, 2013, 05:06:49 pm »

I'm tired of seeing rocks all the time, at least the Indar TR area has some trees, but NC is rocks rocks rocks.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6232 on: February 22, 2013, 05:15:56 pm »

I'm tired of seeing rocks all the time, at least the Indar TR area has some trees, but NC is rocks rocks rocks.
There ARE two other continents...

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6233 on: February 22, 2013, 05:18:38 pm »

I'd rather see rocks and hostiles, than no rocks and no hostiles.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6234 on: February 22, 2013, 05:19:31 pm »

There ARE two other continents...
Whenever I'm on they're always empty.

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #6235 on: February 22, 2013, 05:21:54 pm »

I quite enjoyed the change of scene. The trees are lovely, by the way.
Love from,
TR
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6236 on: February 22, 2013, 06:57:39 pm »

You're thinking of your old WG. Now you've got all our VS trees trees trees.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6237 on: February 22, 2013, 07:51:46 pm »

I want my rocks back.

Does anyone know how often SOE will rotate the WG's?
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6238 on: February 22, 2013, 07:57:28 pm »

Heh heh heh... I was on the bridge near the crown in a lightning armed with the AA turret, firing away at planes as they passed to and from the crown. After a few minutes I realize I hear this 'tat tat tat tat tat' sound. I look around and see two LA and an infiltrator all shooting me with small arms. Obviously they're doing no damage, but it struck me as funny because I don't think they realized I had the AA machinegun. I swiveled across all three going batatatatatata and they died.

Why even stop to shoot me if you have no AT weapons?

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #6239 on: February 22, 2013, 09:06:57 pm »

Heh heh heh... I was on the bridge near the crown in a lightning armed with the AA turret, firing away at planes as they passed to and from the crown. After a few minutes I realize I hear this 'tat tat tat tat tat' sound. I look around and see two LA and an infiltrator all shooting me with small arms. Obviously they're doing no damage, but it struck me as funny because I don't think they realized I had the AA machinegun. I swiveled across all three going batatatatatata and they died.

Why even stop to shoot me if you have no AT weapons?
As a HA, if I've C4'd you, but have run out of rockets, I will; mostly because at that point I'm dead anyway and would at least like to make a point of the fact that if I had more ammo you would be dead. :P

On a more practical note, taunting tanks can be used to distract them from, say, a friendly tank coming up over a ridge. Helping out the team and all that. So long as you can avoid their fire (not too difficult really), it's a decent enough tactic. Or alternatively, to distract them from the aircraft flying around overhead.
Pages: 1 ... 414 415 [416] 417 418 ... 826