Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089512 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6360 on: March 06, 2013, 09:09:38 pm »

How about a rumble seat?

Check the GU04 feature list- hadn't seen a link to it yet.  Also, you get your wish on the shotgun.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6361 on: March 06, 2013, 09:29:57 pm »

Cool, I hadn't seen that yet.

Empire specific Rocket Launchers

VS - Lancer: an extremely precise, super-high-velocity, anti-vehicle energy weapon with a unique charge mechanic, the longer you charge the weapon the more damage it deals.
    TR - Striker: launches a series of mid-damage guided missiles at a single target, the Striker's user must maintain the lock by keeping the enemy in the crosshairs while the missiles are tracking.
    NC - Phoenix: A high damage, slow firing camera guided missile which must be guided by the Phoenix's user. The Phoenix is capable of dealing high damage with very little warning since there is no lock on.
    These weapons will be released in the patch the week following GU04

Useful for devs: The following is assuming the VS weapon will take longer than a rocket reload to charge and emits a stronger projectile than standard rockets:

Remember to make the charge weapon fire immediately upon reaching full charge. If you can hold down the button to hold a charge it would be difficult to balance as you'd need to make the start and end charge both weaker than otherwise. If it unleashes at will with a stored charge and it's not weak people will just pop out when convenient and fire the charge to recharge behind cover. This was a tactic considered an exploit by the respectable playervoter in the old Legends of Might and Magic when using that game's charge weapon. When they have auto fire the user can be forced out at a time when it is not convenient to them to have the aim ready, rather than waiting until convenient.

In addition I recommend that if you allow the user to power down the weapon's charge instead of or in combination with firing at full charge that it make a loud sound while doing so. It would be cool if the weapon were to glow in a unique way in themal vision like it was radiating energy as heat or something. Would be cool if that was part of the design; like alien fire shoots out an exhaust port or something when it's uncharging in first person view. It would make it slightly easier to spot someone constantly charging/uncharging in preparation for an appropriate target.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:40:20 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6362 on: March 06, 2013, 09:52:02 pm »

The thought of a lock-on rocket wielding heavy in the back is quite appealing, though we suddenly have a time when Triage looks useful.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6363 on: March 07, 2013, 05:20:00 am »

I really wish that the items you're currently carrying had some sort of standard numbering regardless of whatever equipment you're carrying. Like, the pistol is always on 2, even if you're carrying an underslung weapon. It's really annoying when you get ambushed as an Infiltrator and you retaliate with the recon tool.

Has anyone tried carting around a sniper rifle with one of the shorter ranged scopes? I'm interested to see how an Infiltrator with a shorter focus (but not SMG short) can fare.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6364 on: March 07, 2013, 08:08:39 am »

I like running around with the normal scope, it works since you can actually hit the head fairly easily from close range if you quickscope.
But I'd rather have an SMG, since I do aggressive recon...
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: March 07, 2013, 05:38:36 pm »

I discovered the trick to being a good aim. Hip Fire. Hip Fire Hip Fire Hip Fire, at least when inside buildings.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6366 on: March 07, 2013, 05:43:16 pm »

No. Never. If you are in a shit situation, sure hip fire. But if you want to be accurate, always aim down sights.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6367 on: March 07, 2013, 06:20:00 pm »

It's become second nature to scope in the moment I spot someone, to the point of being detrimental in other games where scoping in doesn't work that way (looking at you WoT).
And the difference is noticeable from when I first started playing, pulling off headshots and keeping the sights on target has become much easier for me after a while :)

And hipfire is only viable at close range, when they're suprised and if you have LS.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: March 07, 2013, 06:35:37 pm »

Or if you have x4 scope on your carbine... (like me)
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6369 on: March 07, 2013, 11:37:55 pm »

So I finally made my 3rd character, NC on Matherson. Is there any sort of bay12 group going for that at all?

EDIT also again, don't forget to enter your character info here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dFRjT3MySXR4OVE0cEFELUJveHUwTEE6MQ

Double EDIT: My other Chars are TR on Matherson, and Vanu on Miller incase theres any sort of group for those.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: March 07, 2013, 11:38:42 pm »

One of the largest.  There's like 10 people in the outfit.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #6371 on: March 07, 2013, 11:43:45 pm »

One of the largest.  There's like 10 people in the outfit.

Any chance you could hop on and shoot me an invite, my NC character is SilentHastati. Also thank god for Alpha Squad, I wont have to adjust my playstyle it seems since I have a bunch of weapons that feel more like TR guns :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: March 07, 2013, 11:45:21 pm »

One sec

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #6373 on: March 08, 2013, 12:16:15 am »

My other Chars are TR on Matherson, and Vanu on Miller incase theres any sort of group for those.
I have a char and a few friends (bay12 and not) on Vanu Miller. I have an outfit out of 3 people which is unlikely to get any more (:P) that I can re-name into a bay12 one.

Also, what's this about 2x and 3x SC days?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:17:47 am by TolyK »
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6374 on: March 08, 2013, 12:23:03 am »

So I'm looking into starting to play this now I've got a computer capable of it. What server do I play on?
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 826