Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089800 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #6960 on: April 17, 2013, 05:59:17 am »

Sent the friend invite to SilentThunder

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: April 17, 2013, 09:20:06 pm »

C4 should explode when you knife it.

Right now if you knife it, it explodes.  That's lame.

Why yes, I was bored.  Why do you ask?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: April 18, 2013, 12:20:03 am »

So, a few days ago, I got TK'd some jackass over a goddamn generator overload. I struggle still to comprehend such stupidity and greed.

But today, while repairing all the tanks that just attacked a base, I found him in a Vanguard -- with a bit of battle damage. Perfect. Stepping behind his tank and setting up the Mana turret, I can't help but smile at the thought of revenge. Eagerly spamming my E key waiting for the turret to finish deploying, suddenly a missile shoots onto screen and smacks into the rear of his tank. The turret finishes and I enter, as I'm taking aim another missile shoots by and smashes into the tank again, destroying it.

Goddamnit, TR. That was my kill. Why must you always be around to fuck me over, irregardless of the situation?

Fortunately, my prey's name is quite distinctive, and I do not forgive nor forget easily. I'll get him, some day.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Snow Gibbon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: April 18, 2013, 12:48:29 am »

Any opinions on High Velocity ammo for the SAW?

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #6964 on: April 18, 2013, 02:45:59 am »

Most combat takes place too far away for it to make a difference, and the recoil isn't worth it. Heck, the combination of poor long range combat and the recoil makes it doubly worthless, unless you plan on going semi-auto. You're better off compensating for distance than recoil, since recoil is something that'll make a difference at any distance.

So, a few days ago, I got TK'd some jackass over a goddamn generator overload. I struggle still to comprehend such stupidity and greed. [...]

Today, some guy happened to be standing on one of my Bouncing Betties when a VS Light Assault flew in and blew both of them up. He raged at me in a message and TK'd me, so I started following him around and damaging him a bunch with my shotgun, and taunting him whenever he got killed (By someone other than me, of course - I can be sneaky if I want to be).

I ran into him several times afterwards in several different bases, pumping him full of lead, taking out his shields and a bit of health, and running away before he noticed me. At one point I was a medic, found him, healed him for the points, and shot him again before sprinting away before he could figure out what was going on.

Vindictive? Me? Nooo.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: April 18, 2013, 03:38:13 am »

My main TK problem is that I do it accidentally because grenades take so long to explode and my aim with them sucks :-[
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: April 18, 2013, 03:44:57 am »

So, a few days ago, I got TK'd some jackass over a goddamn generator overload. I struggle still to comprehend such stupidity and greed.[.....]

I am fine with this activity. Carry on.

{I do it too, but not nearly so successfully.  You have inspired me to try harder.}
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: April 18, 2013, 04:14:25 am »

My main TK problem is that I do it accidentally because grenades take so long to explode and my aim with them sucks :-[
The complaints over TS when I take out half my squad with a badly thrown grenade would be funny if not for the shame. More often than not I get grenade TKs when someone runs in front of me and it bounces off them back into the room.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: April 18, 2013, 04:18:07 am »

Any opinions on High Velocity ammo for the SAW?
If you run the SAW without the compensator then you can run it with HV and compensator and only have upside. Except for making it sound like a goddamn cannon that is.

I still run it in my long range setup, mostly because it means you never need to compensate for bullet drop and are much more likely to tag fast moving targets with single shots. The added recoil makes it an absolute joke at close range and I can't use more than two/three rounds in a burst, ever.

I've gotten a few accidental TKs lately thanks to the UBGL.

The grenades don't arm until they have travelled 10m, but will still hurt allies they hit inside that range. Like shooting them with a shotgun. Their hit box is absurdly large as well. If you are shooting over someone's head the odds are you are taking that head off instead.

On the other hand it makes a godly spawn suppression weapon, so it's worth the occasional dead ally. I got two of us in a squad locking down the main entrance to a biolab teleporter room yesterday.

As for grenade TKs, I mostly use concussion grenades so I don't get the kills. You still get listed in the assists sometimes, but it's less likely people will notice I just wiped a squad that way.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: April 18, 2013, 04:28:18 am »

So, a few days ago, I got TK'd some jackass over a goddamn generator overload. I struggle still to comprehend such stupidity and greed.

Joke's on him, you can overload the generator after you're dead, so long as you were overloading it before you were killed and you kept the 'e' key held down through the dying process.

You can still screw him out of a few petty points.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #6970 on: April 18, 2013, 04:46:12 am »

I'll have to remember that one.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: April 18, 2013, 05:02:12 am »

It's spotty though. Sometimes I've gotten the overload points posthumously, sometimes I haven't.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: April 18, 2013, 05:05:18 am »

One of the fun things we do while shooting enemy in da face.

This was yesterday on Woodman server done by Keeper of the void outfit.
Crown taken with style ;)
I think we counted 60 sundys or so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKHsa0yHZlY
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 08:01:05 am by Imofexios »

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: April 18, 2013, 06:45:21 am »

GU7 patch notes. I think it's scheduled for post-patch bugs to destroy EU prime time as usual, so I'm glad I'm out all afternoon. A few sads;

Active Heavy Assault Shields and flak armor will no longer stack.
My resist + flack anti-air/tank setup is now worth less, if not worthless.

Lock-on rocket launchers can no longer lock on to turrets.
Because the AV turrets needed a buff. OTOH, if this is about base turrets and not engi turrets, good.

Can't really tell how the MAX and BR changes will hit things. Looks like the mini-chaingun is nicely buffed though. Already saw a fair few people using these, so that could make life interesting.

Flash handling changes were much needed, but let's see what they are first. I used to use the twitchy reverse handling to make quick turns, so losing that means I'd better have much better traction. Also, flipped vehicles don't instantly blow up any more. Yay.

Magriders get a 25% strafe speed buff and 50% strafe acceleration buff. Boo.

All the UI and related changes sound great. More information is always better. More medals for base capture/defence (although I still haven't worked out at what point you get a defence given I've managed roughly 80 in a two hour session before). Also;
Increased facility secondary objective (generators and SCUs) XP rewards:

Overload: Raised from 100xp to 250xp
    Stabilization: Raised from 100xp to 250xp
    Objective Kill: Raised from 100xp to 500xp
So even more reason to TK now!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: April 18, 2013, 09:15:13 am »

I'm less than enthused by the Battle Rifle buff.  I guess with the HV ammo, they're really pushing for it to be great at range and crap up close.  How much of a numerical difference does HV ammo make?

...but then they decrease its effective range via damage scaling.

• The repair tool targeting now functions similar to the heal tool.

Does this mean when the MAX won't hold still the beam will follow him?  If so, thank God for that.

At least the Flash got a buff.  Yay Flash!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 826