Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089765 times)

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7230 on: May 07, 2013, 03:54:44 am »

I come here today to announce a hopeful plan of an alliance between the Something Awful Forums and the slightly smaller but no less noble Bay12 Forums in the effort of combating the enemy realms inside the game Planetside 2. While both B12 and SA can claim victory opposed against the other in various other games, in Planetside 2 we seem to be aligned with each other on the server Mattherson. I'm hereby requesting input on whether or not I should merge Slaves to Armok to SA's outfit, and thus create a sweeter outfit as a whole.

Is their outfit stuff done on their forum or a seperate site? Because I'm sorry but there is no way I'm forking over $10 just to get involved with a PS2 outfit.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7231 on: May 07, 2013, 04:07:18 am »

Is their outfit stuff done on their forum or a seperate site? Because I'm sorry but there is no way I'm forking over $10 just to get involved with a PS2 outfit.

Unless they have changed drastically since last time I played in a game with them, it's all done through the main forums and they traditionally only recruit existing members as well.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7232 on: May 07, 2013, 04:14:33 am »

I just chatted with them in game after I asked to join their platoon because I didn't feel like joining yet another TAS platoon. Also they said they use another site for communications, though I'm not sure if they would appreciate me posting which in this thread. If an SA member who plays PS2 is watching, feel free to post whatever infos you want to.

Also, agreed, I'm not going to register with SA or anything, I just want to play PS2 with an outfit for mutual benefit. Our powers combined and all that.

Unless they have changed drastically since last time I played in a game with them, it's all done through the main forums and they traditionally only recruit existing members as well.

I think they've changed drastically, or at least regarding PS2 they did. There was a ton of drama in SA land or something. I don't really need to know the details so I don't ask. Main thing is that SA membership wouldn't be necessary to be in the outfit.

What's up though is it's possible now if you all want to. I'd certainly enjoy having a platoon to roll with.

In addition, this might be the last chance to be a part of a viable outfit that respects Dwarf Fortress and B12 through knowledge of it, prior to being able to move characters over servers for free. (it probably won't be free but a man can hope)
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 05:32:19 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7233 on: May 07, 2013, 05:25:24 am »

After yet another patch, I got to the splash screen and saw the population spread -
VS 22%,
TR 29%,
NC 50%.
I thought to myself, there must be an alert on Briggs, NC are winning, and the chequered flag is out.

Sure enough, after loading up, Esamir is in full alert, there is <8 minutes left and NC has 81% territory.
VS at 20%, TR 15% and NC 65% on Esamir.  {Damned 4th faction}.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Satarus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7234 on: May 07, 2013, 08:18:17 am »

Better than the other night on our server.  The TR was doing great holding down easimir through the alert.  We had like 52% of the territory.  Then at about 20 minutes left things went down hill.  We ended with 18%. >_<
You need to make said elf leather into the most amazing work of art.  Embed it with every kind of gem you have, stud it with metals, and sew images into it.  Erect a shrine outside your fort with that in the center.  Let the elves know that you view their very skin as naught more but a medium for your dwarves to work on.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7235 on: May 08, 2013, 03:08:35 am »

It's mostly the Vanoobs on Briggs that form the 4th faction, when the TR start losing ground, they go to a different continent and try to lock that one.  I tend to follow them and farm them as hard as possible.
TR is almost constantly at 29% population, Vanoobs go as high as 40% and as low as 20%, depending on how well the NC is doing an the alert.  I've seen NC world pop as high as 65%.  Again, this is Briggs. I don't often log on with my alt on Mattherson, the lag is harsh around medium sized combats.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7236 on: May 08, 2013, 03:14:59 am »

After yet another patch, I got to the splash screen and saw the population spread -
VS 22%,
TR 29%,
NC 50%.
I thought to myself, there must be an alert on Briggs, NC are winning, and the chequered flag is out.

Sure enough, after loading up, Esamir is in full alert, there is <8 minutes left and NC has 81% territory.
VS at 20%, TR 15% and NC 65% on Esamir.  {Damned 4th faction}.
The problem is that looking at this you would think that everyone playing NC is there for the faction itself. But no. What it is is that TR and VS memebers decide that there is no point in playing their mains and go NC for the easy EXP. BUT The fact is, they are missing the point. I went TR during one alert and was getting nearly 500EXP per kill as a base with around 210% Exp gain. It was fantastic. But no. TR and VS that stay on their mains will cry and cry and cry about how NC is OP or something like that, NC will be nerfed like it always does when TR and VS cry. Yet if the stupid TR/VS would only just KICK THE ARSEHOLES ON TR/VS WHO 4th FACTION THEN ALL THE BETTER!!!
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7237 on: May 08, 2013, 03:21:35 am »

Hey, I play NC because it's my favorite faction. Haven't tried VS tough, but I already spent a lot of SC on the NC.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #7238 on: May 08, 2013, 03:31:35 am »

That's not the case on Helios. Most alerts glide along with all factions at 33%, but the NC has a hard time holding more than 20%. The VS typically get 45% or so, and the TR not too far behind.

The big thing that helps a faction win is organization. If your outfit is organized and intelligent enough to have a squad hitting each of the undefended outposts along the enemy's border and the other faction's strategy boils down to "throw infantry at Amp Stations and Tech Plants", then you're obviously going to do great.

It's a shame that most of Genudine's outfits dissolved into mindless hoards after it merged with Helios.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7239 on: May 08, 2013, 03:34:53 am »

By the way, I'll come on later today. The SA outfit sounds cool if they don't mind that I won't play this very often. (due to SS13, but not goonstation )

E: Somebody send MrMiauw on Mattherson a friend invite so I can join the outfit.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 09:36:46 am by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #7240 on: May 09, 2013, 01:13:08 am »

I sent the friend invite.
EDIT: Ok, Now I sent the friend invite. Sorry Mr. Miuwuio, if that inconvienced you. This time I spelled it right, but I forgot the add in /friend add <name> ; walked away as I hit enter and was it was telled upwards.

I'm about to drop out of the outfit and join the SA outfit. If most people think we should do this, or at least if people don't object overmuch, I'll start inviting everyone currently in StA by having written down the names beforehand, and sending a friend invite. If you are not invited in a timely manner I'll compose a list of people in the SA outfit to contact. In addition new players on B12 looking for an outfit could join ours and we'd actually have a goodly sized one. If there is a big objection I'll go back to StA, but I still think it's a good idea. Keep in mind from my point of view, the Goons are being quite generous in their point of view as they are a closed forums, with the ability to keep whatever game secrets may be useful from people not willing to pay the extra 10$, and that our invitation is something I respect.

EDIT: I've spoken to at least three of the officer types and they are all affirmative. The last guy I need talk to /tell to /tell is their absolute leader. It sounds like it won't be Useful Nobility (StA's highest rank) for everyone anymore would be the main downside, but this is the type of game that diplomatic decisions and stuff like that isn't so important other than accepting info from a leadership standpoint. I don't plan to be leading anyone as I don't use a mic, but I do think we (or at least some) from B12 ought to be able to invite so I can invite the inevitable recruits this thread will generate over the years.

Also what StA brings to the table is that in my days of playing in public squads, I've friended exemplary platoon and squad commanders and could coordinate with them as a sort of liason. That plus the 10-20 peoples who've logged in the past month, plus any new recruits who find themselves in possession of a computer that can play this wondrous game. Myself, I also have command chat, smoke drops, and reinforcement map markers yet no platoon or squad to lead. If SA can put up with me not using a mic, old school FPSer that I am, I could perhaps make up for that command deficiency with a bit of striving to do something awesome. In addition I also have the flash turbo certed up to the second to last level, and if the outfit doesn't already have a Racer 3 Turbo Max Flash with a grenade launcher puller I'll cert that awful long aquisition bar into infinite flashes for the outfit.

EDIT2:
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:59:13 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #7241 on: May 09, 2013, 07:12:39 am »

Some time ago, I read a suggestion on the official forum, about "continent-specific vehicles". By that, the OP meant vehicles unlocked to the faction controlling a continent. I thought it would be cooler if it was vehicles everyone could spawn, at any time, but only on a specific continent. Do you think they should add such things, and if yes what should they be?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7242 on: May 09, 2013, 07:17:18 am »

I've found that one of the latest patches has made the game not work properly for me. I can play it for half an hour maybe after which it freezes after the respawn screen. That is fairly annoying, moreso by the fact I got that premium thingy which I'd like to use a bit more than half an hour each day.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7243 on: May 09, 2013, 09:32:54 am »

Some time ago, I read a suggestion on the official forum, about "continent-specific vehicles". By that, the OP meant vehicles unlocked to the faction controlling a continent. I thought it would be cooler if it was vehicles everyone could spawn, at any time, but only on a specific continent. Do you think they should add such things, and if yes what should they be?
Self-propelled artillery on Esamir, please.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7244 on: May 09, 2013, 09:33:44 am »

Wow...
I don't know who actually made this, but this was just shared with me about our Briggs AU NC Outfit, 41st Battalion...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 481 482 [483] 484 485 ... 826