Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089347 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7305 on: May 17, 2013, 03:13:31 am »

I'm not getting any lag, except for that based on my own computer (GPU).

What server do you play on? Mattherson definitely lags like a bitch at times.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7306 on: May 17, 2013, 03:16:25 am »

Individual skill often doesn't matter much, but when you pull something off (two guys defending an outpost against 5 attackers or something), it's awesome. PS2 is about moments.

Such as this: The lasher is awesome in large numbers:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYpzF8dsfYI&feature=player_embedded

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7307 on: May 17, 2013, 03:26:49 am »

I know a way to make the faction weapons even more unique... Ifluence them by Borderlands 2 Weaponry...

TR = Vladof and Hyperion. The longer you hold the trigger the better your accuracy becomes, you also have a high firerate/volume gun, so this makes TR more Mid to Long Range...

NC = Jacobs and Banditz. No more Full Auto weapons, but your guns fire at a much higher velocity and hit harder, but if your moving your pretty much lose all your accuracy. Fire as fast as you can click too, or maybe something like that...

VS = Darl and Edilon perhaps. Burst fire when scoped but perfect accuracy when doing so. All your guns have different effects to the point that the Lasher isn't the only one that is the most unique weapon in the game. Maybe, not sure...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #7308 on: May 17, 2013, 04:44:55 am »

Considering that a high RoF is still king in most conflicts, the current non-sniper semi-auto weapons are outpaced by even the burst fire ones, and movement is incredibly important to staying alive in any FPS, the NC would quickly be dominated in any and all situations.

That said, it's a cool idea if they could balance it properly. Unfortunately, semi-auto weapons usually look good on paper but still pale in comparison to their fully automatic brethren. The only reasons in BL2 to use a high damage, semi-automatic or 'as fast as you click' weapon is because 1) Ammo conservation and 2) it's friggin awesome. Neither of those are concerns when you can rearm yourself instantly at a terminal or ammo pack, or when friggin awesome still isn't awesome enough to keep you from getting gibbed by a guy with a faster weapon than yours. Borderlands is specifically designed towards allowing variant playstyles, mostly because it's not a competitive game - It's an NPC grinder. Planetside 2 would have to undergo major rebalancing, especially in terms of damage, twitching, and accuracy, to make the factions' weapons significantly unique from each other. I'm happy as it is, but would love to see some more of what you suggested worked into the game without being over or under balanced.

Until then, I think they should work on just making localized conflicts more balanced. The other day I was part of an NC offensive on a TR controlled tower, and there were easily 200 people involved. The teams were mostly even, with the NC having more armor and air and the TR having control of the entirety of the tower and probably a few more people. We had two of the flags in our control around the base, with one the scene of a constantly shifting front line that was the focus of the combat. The TR even managed to capture the point a few times, and at others was barely pushed thanks to some quick revives under enemy fire by an incredibly handsome and brave medic*.

It was great seeing coordination and teamwork on both sides, and it was brought about mostly because the teams were balanced in some fashion or another. I don't relish the dev team's task in encouraging such fights without breaking the game, but it's definitely doable.

*I may or may not have been said medic.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #7309 on: May 17, 2013, 05:41:27 am »

I wish that, when the lattice will come in play, SOE implement a "minor alert" system asking people to capture/defend specific facilities. Said minor alerts being player-specific, so if everyone follow their orders, the fights would be balanced all over the lanes.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7310 on: May 17, 2013, 06:01:02 am »

I would personally like it if squad leaders and platoon leaders got extra xp for the actions of their squad. like 1/20th or 1/100th of the xp that the rest of the squad gained. because its pretty damn hard to maintain a decent cert rate when you're on the map for a third of your total playtime.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7311 on: May 17, 2013, 07:06:46 am »

I've been getting back into this game and started playing as a Heavy recently.

Seems pretty easy mode to me.

Too bad, clever enemies who get the drop on me, I have a shield.

Like 50% of people play heavy assault. Seriously, every time I see a heavy I know I have to drop him to dead before he flips his shield on, then it's like I've got to kill him twice. If I'm infiltrating with my SMG, just forget it, it takes multiple headshots to win that fight unless I get the drop from behind.

I'll never give up my light assault to play heavy though, C4 is just too worth it.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #7312 on: May 17, 2013, 08:46:16 am »

I'm not getting any lag, except for that based on my own computer (GPU).

What server do you play on? Mattherson definitely lags like a bitch at times.
I'm in the EU, play on Miller.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7313 on: May 17, 2013, 09:15:15 am »

I honestly think it's some sort of hardware problem, because I've been on poplocked fights on Esamir and Amerish, and never seen the horrible lag I see on Indar for Matherson. Hell I've not seen that kind of lag on other server's Indar either, so really to me it seems like there is something wrong with whatever is handeling Matherson indar.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7314 on: May 17, 2013, 09:46:52 am »

SMG Infil is still a blast to play.  Fracture MAX holding back the tanks?  No problem, I'll get behind him and blast his engy.  Medic ressing dudes?  Gone.

Sooo much more fun than LOL SNIPE.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7315 on: May 17, 2013, 10:12:52 am »

Like 50% of people play heavy assault. Seriously, every time I see a heavy I know I have to drop him to dead before he flips his shield on, then it's like I've got to kill him twice. If I'm infiltrating with my SMG, just forget it, it takes multiple headshots to win that fight unless I get the drop from behind.

I'll never give up my light assault to play heavy though, C4 is just too worth it.
I barely notice the shields when I play LA. Typically I'm somewhere on the flank, and I spot enemies like crazy. Usually a spotted heavy gets focus fired by our centre, and depletes his shields while he scrambles for cover. Of course, cover from our centre isn't cover from me, so I finish him off before he realizes where it's coming from. Heck, I use single fire on my carbine most of the time, since I'm usually 50-100m away. Speaking of which, what gun would be the best for NC LA at these distances?
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7316 on: May 17, 2013, 10:36:25 am »

I am SO saving up for a Nova with slugs. Man, does that thing kick ass...

For dueling heavies as an LA, taking potshots and hiding while their shields drain seems to work well for me.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #7317 on: May 17, 2013, 11:05:03 am »

I almost always play HA because rockets. I fucking love rockets. Shooting people with a packet of explosives ment to destroy armor strapped to another packet of explosives to propulse the first packet of explosives is too fun.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7318 on: May 17, 2013, 12:06:22 pm »

I almost always play HA because rockets. I fucking love rockets. Shooting people with a packet of explosives ment to destroy armor strapped to another packet of explosives to propulse the first packet of explosives is too fun.
Also HA has C4 too...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7319 on: May 17, 2013, 12:14:43 pm »

My playtime as HA has shot up dramatically since I got the Phoenix, because who doesn't love driving SCREAMING FREEDOM EAGLES into the back of a Prowler?

Carbine for long range?  Uh... I barely play LA any more, come to think of it.  I only use carbines on the LA, since my engy usually either wields the Warden or the Piston.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 486 487 [488] 489 490 ... 826