Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089133 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #7815 on: June 25, 2013, 01:58:32 pm »

Wait, really? Prowlers have two guns controlled by the driver now?..
Pedant much? :P

I meant that I think MBT's would be more powerful if the driving and main gun/turret were handled by separate players, but I think you know that.
Sorry, I meant, are Prowlers still essentially the same despite there being only one player per MBT? I don't remember the 1 player per MBT thing from beta or just totally missed this change. Prowlers were the epitome of why more than one player for an MBT is great, as you have the one player blasting stuff, the one player looking out for infantry, and the driver focusing on, well, driving.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7816 on: June 25, 2013, 02:25:59 pm »

I was agreeing with zombat and Siquo's complaints that, unlike PS1, the driver of a MBT also controls the main gun. It's always been two players per MBT in PS2 as far as I know, with the additional player controlling whatever gun is mounted on top.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7818 on: June 25, 2013, 04:36:43 pm »

Ahahaha XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmnzhmAXRiU

Magriders... magriders never change.
Hell Vanu related stuff never change.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bES2lz79N_s

EVER.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7819 on: June 25, 2013, 09:01:31 pm »

The Fury hasn't been nerfed yet. It was going to be (and the nerf went through to the PTS) but then it went on members only sale and people complained and the nerf was cancelled. It still needs to be reigned in a little. Something similar to the Enforcer nerf maybe. That's still useful as an AI weapon but doesn't dominate by default any more.

It was, a bit.  The Flash version now has a tiny ammo pool, giving you around forty shots.

Also, the new Vulcan is incredible.    I was in a low-flying Galaxy that passed over a Harasser armed with one (so the weaker non-Prowler version) and it unloaded into us, doing over 60% damage to us in its first clip.   We got away with maybe 15% health left.  Damn.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7820 on: June 25, 2013, 10:57:04 pm »

1. New game means new specs. It's a new game, you should have a computer that can play new games. Mine is 5 yrs old (but was high end back then) and can run large battles fine.

Mine's only three years old and was pretty decent spec at the time
Windows 7 64bit
AMD Phenom II X4 945
ATi HD 5870
8GBx2 DDR3 1600 (PS2 and Rising Storm finally spured me replaced the 1GBx4 DDR3 I'd put up with for years, heh 4GB on Win7 - talk about a budget compromise)
Creative Xfi (Incidently have Creative become a decent company again or are they still churning out branded rubbish like card?)

I get 60-80fps in warp gate
A passable 40-60 in the field and outpost battles
Facilities I get 10-20, biolabs and AMPs are the worst, battles dip even further being unplayable.

Another thing I hate is camo, especially the desert one as I'm used to Yellow Bellies = NC

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7821 on: June 26, 2013, 01:02:07 am »

Incidently have Creative become a decent company again or are they still churning out branded rubbish like card?

Eh. Sort of.

I have an X-Fi Titanium. It's frustrating to own but it does sound good to my audiophile wannabe ears. The frustrations aren't unique to the card, or even Creative. Sound cards less than $100 are kind of junky.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7822 on: June 26, 2013, 02:16:27 am »

Mine's only three years old and was pretty decent spec at the time
Okay, that is just odd.
Another thing I hate is camo, especially the desert one as I'm used to Yellow Bellies = NC
Well, one way to handle those: if you really want to look like the enemy, don't be surprised if I shoot you.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7823 on: June 26, 2013, 07:45:36 am »

Yeah... I've learned to live with the grief points

Another thing, why did they reduce the voice macros, too bad they couldn't reuse the voices and system from PS1

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7824 on: June 26, 2013, 08:45:21 am »

Note that AMD processors - especially multi-core - are still not really optimised for in the game, so those framerates are pretty good for your rig. Hopefully the Playstation 4 optimisations will help on that front. Like I said before, some of the larger facilities do seem to have FPS drops that are hitting everyone since the last update, so I wouldn't judge it from that.

I think they wanted the in game VOIP to replace the macros, but people still just use external VOIP tools and macros in game so hopefully they will expand them.

As far as tanks go, I usually feel I make more of an impact solo in a Lightning than solo in a Vanguard. Maybe it's different for Prowlers or Magriders, but running on your own in a Vanguard you just feel like a big target with relatively few options other than taking whatever damage people choose to dish out while carefully picking off single targets. I love gunning for them and a two man crew becomes immensely powerful, but for one person a Lightning is just easier to keep alive and dealing pain.

OK, part of that might be racer 2 and side armour on my Lightning, but still.

By the by, AV Mana turret is on sale today for half SC. Just to further taunt people I guess.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7825 on: June 27, 2013, 02:48:57 am »

The no-deploy zones inside the facilities can't come soon enough.

I was defending Mekala during a tech plant alert when VS infiltrators hacked the terminal and pulled not one, not two, not three, but four sunderers into the vehicle bay. Mind you the shield wasn't even down yet. I considered destroying the terminals but it wouldn't have mattered since some brilliant TR engineer swung by and repaired the terminals anyway.

Joke's on them, I got a sundy double kill with just two mines since they were parked so close together. This was after they had taken the base though. :(
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: June 27, 2013, 03:41:04 am »

Don't know if you guys are aware of this but the NC Warden battle rifle is now 250 certs to purchase.
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: June 27, 2013, 04:53:10 am »

Anyone have any tips on fighting aircraft? I can tell from personal experience that trying to shoot them down the seemingly reasonable way with lock-on G2A missiles is an excercise in futility, as everyone and their mother has decoy flares and automated repair systems. Not to mention that it still takes your entire supply of rockets to take down one Mosquito/Scythe, and that's if you find one that's stupid enough to both lack decoy flares and the sense to get the hell out of dodge when the lock-on alarms start blaring.
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: June 27, 2013, 05:26:37 am »

I fly quite a lot and yes, lock-on missiles are not a threat unless you're stupid enough to stick around while your flares are on cooldown. I'd say use flak to keep them away though that most likely won't be enough to actually kill them. The more I fly, the more I learn the basic advantage aircraft have over ground units, namely that they can just leave at any time. So if I'm taking hits, that's what I do. I mostly die to things that one-shot me, because if it doesn't one-shot me I just leave. Unguided missiles if I'm stupid enough to hover in one place too long. Tank cannons, since in this game tanks can apparently aim their gun upwards at a 45° angle. Liberator cannons. I've noticed liberators now almost never use the tail gun. You'd expect the bombardier to switch to the tail gun when under attack by a fighter but no, instead the pilot tilts the liberator to the side and the bombardier tries to shoot me down with his big gun. Occasionally other aircraft, though getting the anti-aircraft cannon and the maneuverability airframe helped a lot.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: June 27, 2013, 05:35:55 am »

Most of my Scythe kills come from this simple tactic;

HA
Gauss SAW
Shrike
Flack armour rank 4
Nanomesh armour (rank 3 is nice)

Get their attention with the SAW and be a squishy, attractive target for their rocketpods. Throw up your Nanomesh when the salvo starts and send a Shrike rocket back up the stream towards them. A hit is a kill and unless they switch to their primary weapon I'm going to survive the damage.

Used to be that the resist shield was better for extra damage reduction, but no more.

Phoenix rockets can work against hovering and unaware targets, but good luck with that.

Skyguards/burster MAXes/Walkers on any vehicle are obvious answers. A Sunderer with both Basilisks manned is surprisingly good at closer range.
Pages: 1 ... 520 521 [522] 523 524 ... 826