Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089600 times)

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #8445 on: November 04, 2013, 03:01:08 pm »

...than one guy able to instagib a deployed sunderer that would rather use something like stealth armor instead of mineguard.
Use mineguard and leave it or stealth and guard it... but mine engineers can rarely get a sunderer unless you deployed it somewhere he can just jump down on it or similar. If a sunderer is deployed next to a wall and I just have to use the jump platforms once to reach it then the driver needs to deploy in smarter places.
People just tend to drive their sunderes as close as they can then leave them so they get points from the zerg respawning.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8446 on: November 04, 2013, 03:06:23 pm »

...than one guy able to instagib a deployed sunderer that would rather use something like stealth armor instead of mineguard.
Use mineguard and leave it or stealth and guard it... but mine engineers can rarely get a sunderer unless you deployed it somewhere he can just jump down on it or similar. If a sunderer is deployed next to a wall and I just have to use the jump platforms once to reach it then the driver needs to deploy in smarter places.
People just tend to drive their sunderes as close as they can then leave them so they get points from the zerg respawning.

This.  Remember, the zerg is coming OUT of the Sundy.  If it's poorly placed enough that an engy can get to it without getting force-fed a bullet sandwich, then he earned the kill.  Only other option is some sort of vehicular assistance, but Flash is risky, Harasser needs both a buddy and being a very visible target, and air-drops are resource intensive.  Those, of course, mean the engy deserves it even more.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8447 on: November 04, 2013, 03:31:16 pm »

Haven't played for quite a while, did they ever do something about engineers mining deployed sunderers?

I don't know if you were around for the change, but mines no longer asplode automatically and it takes more time to throw them down. Kamikaze mine runs are still effective, but not as effective as before.

I still don't see the big deal about mining sundies.  It's harder than C4ing them, since if you're doing that, you can probably fly.  If you can't see the engy walk his ass all the way over to your sundy, mine it, switch to his gun, and shoot them before taking him out, maybe you should have defended it.

I think the usual complaint is about drop podding onto sundies and throwing down mines, which is complete bullshit. The mines themselves are fine.

What else are you going to use them for, aside from kamikaze sundy runs. Mining roads? Ha!
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8448 on: November 04, 2013, 11:50:14 pm »

Mining roads around corners got me 12 extreme menace kills recently, but... :D
Yeah, usually they're useless.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8449 on: November 05, 2013, 02:39:21 am »

Psh, no. You mine the vehicle spawns right before a base flips to an enemy faction.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #8450 on: November 05, 2013, 07:08:34 am »

As if it's possible to get out of the spawn room...
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8451 on: November 05, 2013, 07:12:27 am »

I have no idea why this is so hard for people. GTFO there and at least try. What are you afraid of? Dying? HAH.

They should make a time-based pain field in spawn rooms. Stay there for longer than a minute and you start taking damage.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8452 on: November 05, 2013, 07:38:38 am »

I've found taking out my uppercut, putting on my hat, and playing WH40K commissar quotes over the in game voip helps immensely with shield maidens

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8453 on: November 05, 2013, 07:45:57 am »

I have no idea why this is so hard for people. GTFO there and at least try. What are you afraid of? Dying? HAH.

They should make a time-based pain field in spawn rooms. Stay there for longer than a minute and you start taking damage.

That depends on the # of enemy troops around. If they are like 30+ dudes camping out there then even if they're NC only a infiltrator has a slight chance of sliping past.
People like their T/D for some reason and if you make a pain field inside THEIR spawn then they will just go elsewhere to pick up easy kills instead of being farmed.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8454 on: November 05, 2013, 10:27:45 am »

That depends on the # of enemy troops around. If they are like 30+ dudes camping out there then even if they're NC only a infiltrator has a slight chance of sliping past.
People like their T/D for some reason and if you make a pain field inside THEIR spawn then they will just go elsewhere to pick up easy kills instead of being farmed.
At least then they're doing something useful.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8455 on: November 05, 2013, 12:33:27 pm »

Define useful.
Runniong out like a lemming just to be gunned down by camping hordes of VS one meter away from the spawn shield is anything but useful.
At least those camping inside get to grab some safe kills and suppport exp by repairing/rearming/ressuracting the more daring MAXes and healing/ressing the kamikazi infantrymen (quite a bit of exp is to be had since the rezzed toon usually dies 0.1 second later just to get rezzed again and again.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8456 on: November 05, 2013, 12:57:36 pm »

Also, a time activated pain field in a friendly base will only lead to even less defenders in critical positions.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8457 on: November 05, 2013, 01:13:09 pm »

Define useful.
Runniong out like a lemming just to be gunned down by camping hordes of VS one meter away from the spawn shield is anything but useful.
At least those camping inside get to grab some safe kills and suppport exp by repairing/rearming/ressuracting the more daring MAXes and healing/ressing the kamikazi infantrymen (quite a bit of exp is to be had since the rezzed toon usually dies 0.1 second later just to get rezzed again and again.
Shooting out of the warpgate shield still requires leaving the spawn room.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8458 on: November 05, 2013, 03:38:59 pm »

Define useful.
Useful: if you're with too few to stop or even delay the zerg, go somewhere where you can be of use. If you're with enough that for instance a MAX rush is possible, go for it. If you manage to slip out and get the point that's even better. A single infil, going round the points in a 3-point base for instance, can be quite the annoyance, and can hold up a sizeable force for minutes just by having them run around defending points. During that time, that force is unable to move on and capture more territory.

This is all from the standpoint that territory matters. I realise that there are a lot of players out there who could not care less about territory and just want to farm kills.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #8459 on: November 05, 2013, 04:18:51 pm »

When I'm trapped inside a spawn room with a zerg around me, I typically grab Heavy Assault and try to whittle down their aircraft or armor. If I'm feeling lucky I'll grab my MAX. With enough dudes taking out vehicles, you can potentially break the enemy's next attack. In bases where you can't do that as easily, there's usually an SCU to take out so spawn room camping is kind of a moot point in those places.

Plus, certs are a long-term investment to having better soldiers. No one cannot have enough certs.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.
Pages: 1 ... 562 563 [564] 565 566 ... 826