Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089508 times)

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #9810 on: March 04, 2014, 06:08:17 am »

The only change I really see needed is rocket pods doing more damage to libs. I mean, seriously? They take more photon pods than sunderers. And the nose gun isn't much better.

Meanwhile, buff tailguns so that you don't have to try to skydalton.

MORE damage? are you crazy? Rocketpods already slaughter libs (and galaxies) way, way too fast considering they are an air-to-GROUND weapon. IMO rocketpods should do virtually no damage to air vehicles at all - that's what the specialized A2A weapons (that nobody uses because rocketpods are too good) are supposed to be for.
They're not that great against libs, if you get close enough to land rocket pods you put yourself at risk of getting dalton'd/shredded/tankbusted. I wouldn't say they need buffs in this regard either though.

So there's talk this month they might look into adding melee weapons? What's the bay's opinion of this?
Personally, after them having just added a crossbow, to me it seems they're preparing this game for the console version if you know what I mean.  :-\
I just took down a lib with an underslung grenade launcher. But yeah, daltons are a bit OP. Especially when the pilots go solo or two man and switch seats constantly.

For new melee weapons, I thought it would be interesting to get a buffed melee weapon that replaces the pistol, that can deal damage to vehicles. Minor, but capable of dinging away at a tank or sundy if left unattended.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: March 04, 2014, 06:13:39 am »

I just took down a lib with an underslung grenade launcher. But yeah, daltons are a bit OP. Especially when the pilots go solo or two man and switch seats constantly.

For new melee weapons, I thought it would be interesting to get a buffed melee weapon that replaces the pistol, that can deal damage to vehicles. Minor, but capable of dinging away at a tank or sundy if left unattended.

I cringed. Both parts of your post.  :'(

Darkening Kaos

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Gibbering Idiot +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: March 04, 2014, 06:52:30 am »

We've got laser weapons that can fuse your helmet to your skull.......
We've got flashes more dextrous than an ice-skater, {and they don't always blow up.....mostly}.......
We've got lock-on missiles that dodge terrain and unerringly strike their target........
We have shotguns that can take down ESF's.......
But none of that is good enough for you......You want a frickin' can-opener.......
So! Failed to make peace, war looms, kill the infidels... what are our plans for the weekend?
The Giant Moles in the caverns of my current fort breed like crazy, even while regularly being decimated by other beasts entering them...

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: March 04, 2014, 07:16:36 am »

We've got laser weapons that can fuse your helmet to your skull.......
We've got flashes more dextrous than an ice-skater, {and they don't always blow up.....mostly}.......
We've got lock-on missiles that dodge terrain and unerringly strike their target........
We have shotguns that can take down ESF's.......
But none of that is good enough for you......You want a frickin' can-opener.......
For an NC MAX

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: March 04, 2014, 07:36:50 am »

I want a spbaseball bat
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: March 04, 2014, 02:47:43 pm »

For an NC MAX

No joke, there are MAX melee weapon models in the game (no textures, just the models) and the NC one is a hammer.

VS is a sword and TR are brass knuckles, if you were curious.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: March 04, 2014, 02:49:44 pm »

Part of me wants more melee options but the other part doesn't know how effective or useful they would be.

EDIT: Something similar to Tribes's shocklance could be an option, not actually meelee but very close to it.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: March 04, 2014, 03:48:36 pm »

Anti-max melee weapons for maxes would be useful

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: March 04, 2014, 03:51:37 pm »

I just want anti-armor melee for LA, so squads of them can descend on tanks like swarms of angry bees.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: March 04, 2014, 03:57:04 pm »

I see five light assaults jumping at a tank.  Four pull out melee weapons and the fifth drops two bricks of C4.  Hilarity ensues.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: March 04, 2014, 04:10:55 pm »

Precisely. Even more hilarious then getting your C4 shot by a friendly heavy as you're laying it.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

Wardo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: March 04, 2014, 04:53:25 pm »

I see one guy who'll never pull a tank again. I'm that guy. :(

Friendship is OP in Planetside 2. I used to play Ultima Online with a friend and we were OP because we only engaged 2 on 1 (or 2 on 2 I guess, but we focused fire and they didn't so it soon became 2 on 1 to our side anyway).

All those weapons that alone are just short of being lethal become OP when doubled, as previously mentioned. Get 2 Skyguards.

If I were in squad leader position I'd try to instigate my squad to all pull the same class/weapon type or vehicle depending on the situation, of course. Then I'd realize the type of people who join zerg squads aren't the type of people who expect this level of coordination and I'd go back to playing solo and in random squads. FOREVER ALONE.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: March 04, 2014, 04:54:48 pm »

I see one guy who'll never pull a tank again. I'm that guy. :(

Friendship is OP in Planetside 2. I used to play Ultima Online with a friend and we were OP because we only engaged 2 on 1 (or 2 on 2 I guess, but we focused fire and they didn't so it soon became 2 on 1 to our side anyway).

All those weapons that alone are just short of being lethal become OP when doubled, as previously mentioned. Get 2 Skyguards.

If I were in squad leader position I'd try to instigate my squad to all pull the same class/weapon type or vehicle depending on the situation, of course. Then I'd realize the type of people who join zerg squads aren't the type of people who expect this level of coordination and I'd go back to playing solo and in random squads. FOREVER ALONE.

You can always join an outfit.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: March 04, 2014, 04:56:41 pm »

What server do you play on Wardo? I may be able to help you some with all that.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: March 04, 2014, 04:59:08 pm »

Precisely. Even more hilarious then getting your C4 shot by a friendly heavy as you're laying it.
Had this happen to me. I died. Dumb heavy. Still can't play because of that game error... This annoys.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers
Pages: 1 ... 653 654 [655] 656 657 ... 826