Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084911 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10065 on: April 09, 2014, 11:54:02 am »

Is it just me or does joining an outfit completely change how the game plays? Is this what competitive gaming feels like?

Yeeeeeeep.
Really? I didn't notice. :c

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10066 on: April 09, 2014, 12:06:58 pm »

I need to find an outfit at somepoint. But ya'll are all busy with NC or TR as far as I can tell the last few pages.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10067 on: April 09, 2014, 12:56:47 pm »

The darklight is required to spot stalker infiltrators.
So short ranged. >.>
So mostly useless. <.<
You have to leave SOCA and reach BR 10 to join PG12, you know ...
I'm...21? I think? And mostly just by repairing or healing up peoples. :<
I can't drive an aircraft for my life and really wonder how many MANY other people are able to fly in one direction...SIDEWAYS DX
The starter pistols are relatively blah compared to the Commisioner most infiltrators run around with. Considering headshots with it can one shot other infiltrators, and two shot anything else, yeah, there is a big difference, plus it has a bit better range. If you really want to hunt infiltrators, you put a flashlight on your main gun, but that slows things down, so probably not a good idea.

Personally, I am of the opinion that if there is something you want to do better, just do it constantly. I couldn't snipe with an infiltrator for the life of me, 3 days of nothing but infiltrator, and I'm passable with it. Want to bring galaxies to fights? start spamming them whenever I find a full squad that seems relatively competent. Now, I can actually get a galaxy to the fight.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #10068 on: April 09, 2014, 01:00:09 pm »

I need to find an outfit at somepoint. But ya'll are all busy with NC or TR as far as I can tell the last few pages.

I'm VS on Connery, as are a couple other Bay12ers. Not enough for an outfit though.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10069 on: April 09, 2014, 01:31:19 pm »

Not enough you say? 1 is enough to make one, 2 is enough to have an outfit squad, and 12 is a good enough outfit to actually have a meaningful tag.
:P
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10070 on: April 09, 2014, 01:35:15 pm »

Personally, I am of the opinion that if there is something you want to do better, just do it constantly. I couldn't snipe with an infiltrator for the life of me, 3 days of nothing but infiltrator, and I'm passable with it. Want to bring galaxies to fights? start spamming them whenever I find a full squad that seems relatively competent. Now, I can actually get a galaxy to the fight.
Err, yeah. On that matter...

I mean the controls.
The bloody controls.
I have no idea how to fly the darn plane correctly, to hover in midair or do those eagle-swoops I see most other pilots do!
I can't even slow down and point my nose correctly: the Mosquito (TR Fighter aircraft) keeps on moving.

Also Infiltrator is easy. I hear NC and VS get bolt-action rifles on the get-go? >_> Get a 10x or so long range scope, 'shift' for stability, headshot. :3

Also on another note: What I hate about big games is that I can't join them at all.
Everything starts to literally flip around.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10071 on: April 09, 2014, 01:47:58 pm »

I'm VS on Connery, as are a couple other Bay12ers. Not enough for an outfit though.
Where is Connery at? I don't have the greatest of fps as it is, I doubt I could go very far.

As for Aircraft, I'd like to use one. But I can't figure out how to fly the bloody thing, not the Scythe or the Lib or the Galaxy. I can tell it uses the keyboard and the mouse, but not what does anything besides shooting things and crashing into VR terrain. Moving forward works.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 01:55:44 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10072 on: April 09, 2014, 02:04:10 pm »

That's when you put a couple bricks of C4 on the underside.
Sadly, I dont have that yet.

As for what I play with, I am NC on Connery, NC on another server and VS on... Ceries?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10073 on: April 09, 2014, 04:09:25 pm »

I can fly well enough to reliably not crash into the terrain, assuming I'm in a Reaver.  Lib... the ground is still a good possibility.

Best still was one time in an outfit squad with a seriously drunk gal pilot, who managed to crash it into a tree about three feet outside the warpgate, killing everyone on board.  It was so absurd it was just funny.  The best part was he pretty much just passed out five minutes later, just going afk and not coming back.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10074 on: April 09, 2014, 04:20:58 pm »

I mean the controls.
The bloody controls.
I have no idea how to fly the darn plane correctly, to hover in midair or do those eagle-swoops I see most other pilots do!
I can't even slow down and point my nose correctly: the Mosquito (TR Fighter aircraft) keeps on moving.

Some of that is cert unlocks. The default ESF frames can't hover, for example. They kind of can in the sense that you can reduce your horizontal speed to zero or near zero and then constantly manage your vertical speed to stay in relatively the same location, but with the proper certifications the ESF can be made to hover in the same location without any further input.

Likely the same is true with swooping since it improves pitch/yaw acceleration, letting you pull up or roll/bank faster (I don't remember if those are separate frames, though).

MasterFancyPants

• Bay Watcher
  • I LOVE TACOS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10075 on: April 09, 2014, 04:46:21 pm »

The darklight is required to spot stalker infiltrators.
So short ranged. >.>
So mostly useless. <.<

Useless compared to what? The laser sight? If you are using your sidearm at a range where you need to use the laser to be effective, you should be ADS.
Quote from: Frumple
Flailing people to death with empty socks, though, that takes a lot of effort. Less so if the sock's made out of something interesting, but generally quite difficult.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10076 on: April 09, 2014, 05:02:58 pm »

I mean the controls.
The bloody controls.

The ESFs have two modes: cruising mode, where the engines point back (or there are contrails if you're a VS weenie), and hover mode, where the engines point down (or the contrails disappear). All the cool swooping around maneuvers and shit are done in hover mode. In hover mode, engaging the afterburners actually pushes you upward instead of forward like in cruising mode. It's my understanding that doing this, in combination with keeping your nose pointed at your target, is the basis for advanced flight maneuvers.

I'm no pilot though. I can fly around but I can't dogfight worth crap.

Of course, if you do figure it out, you can join the ranks of the truly elite; those who engage in the most noble and purest form of combat known to man, which is to say, hover nosegun dogfights. All other fights, like infantry fights or tank fights, pale in comparison to the glory of those who battle in the heavens.

Useless compared to what? The laser sight? If you are using your sidearm at a range where you need to use the laser to be effective, you should be ADS.

But if you put the laser sight on, then at those ranges, you don't need to ADS, which is extra mobility.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10077 on: April 09, 2014, 05:24:45 pm »

I'm most impressed with the guys who can do this.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10078 on: April 09, 2014, 05:38:07 pm »

I mean the controls.
The bloody controls.
[...]
Of course, if you do figure it out, you can join the ranks of the truly elite; those who engage in the most noble and purest form of combat known to man, which is to say, hover nosegun dogfights. All other fights, like infantry fights or tank fights, pale in comparison to the glory of those who battle in the heavens.
You write things to masterfully poetic.

Bookmarked for later when I can actually watch this :D

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10079 on: April 09, 2014, 05:40:59 pm »

I'm more impressed by the "I hope they fixed that" of the cloaked flak running over people.
Pages: 1 ... 670 671 [672] 673 674 ... 826