Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089294 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10230 on: April 24, 2014, 07:14:59 pm »

What is the best Vanu light assault gun?

The one that shoots fastest.

PS2 is very complicated like this when it comes to optimal weapons.
That'd be the Serpent. The Pulsar C is another acceptable option for longer ranged engagements, but light assaults really shouldn't be engaging from long range... unless they're tree camping, but you're a man and not a tree camper, right?

So any sort of TR gun, then? :P

Of course not. They're TR, that automatically makes them bad!
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10231 on: April 24, 2014, 07:33:56 pm »

Well duh TR gets lots and lots of horizontal recoil that's much harder to deal with than only vertical recoil.
That's why TR guns suck and most MLG PRO gamers play as NC, causuals play VS for the point'n'click guns and the stupid rest goes for TR because angry joe played as them once.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10232 on: April 24, 2014, 07:50:54 pm »

Usually I hear that NC gets less stuff done because they're where all the people expecting big cod-like pewpews go.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #10233 on: April 24, 2014, 08:47:01 pm »

What is the best Vanu light assault gun?

The one that shoots fastest.

PS2 is very complicated like this when it comes to optimal weapons.
I'd have to note that if you lag, it doesn't matter how many bullets you put into people :/
I've seen videos and guys mostly get...5 or so shots at short-mid range for a kill.
I've to waste about 15 shots on bloody target (all chest area same as the above) to get the same thing >_>
Bloody lag.

Well duh TR gets lots and lots of horizontal recoil that's much harder to deal with than only vertical recoil.
That's why TR guns suck and most MLG PRO gamers play as NC, causuals play VS for the point'n'click guns and the stupid rest goes for TR because angry joe played as them once.
This is generalizing the choice of people picking factions.
Not everyone is from America//knows those influences you cite. :(
And thanks for the insult! I play TR! They do not suck.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10234 on: April 24, 2014, 09:07:01 pm »

I can respect the TR, at least.  Better than *snort* Vanu.

My NC loyalty stretches back to PS1 beta thank you very much

LIVE FREE IN THE NC
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10235 on: April 24, 2014, 09:29:49 pm »

I really need to try TR.

Dabm you three char slots, two of which are taken by needing to play with friends!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10236 on: April 24, 2014, 09:34:01 pm »

Any tips for a player who can't handle 40+ encounter engagements?
As in, technically really can't handle because when I pop into those areas (generally, on foot or when my...screen renders everyone), they all flip out. As in, teleport everywhere, vehicles flopping and teleporting >_>
I've half a mind to drop this game because of that.
And I'm unsure if its net or FPS (the latter was fine, in the 20-30s when I'm experiencing that, and the net? I tried playing at a faster area...like, 100 kbp/s fast compared to my measly 20kbp/s and its still the same)

Help please!

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10237 on: April 24, 2014, 09:36:46 pm »

Get a better computer, or play a better game. The primary redeeming quality of PS2 is it's scale, and if you can't enjoy that...
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10238 on: April 24, 2014, 09:38:07 pm »

What's your processor?  PS2 is very CPU dependent.

That said, I've had some truly epic small-scale encounters.  The good ones really rely on a good squad with good communication, though.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10239 on: April 24, 2014, 09:39:09 pm »

Get a better computer, or play a better game. The primary redeeming quality of PS2 is it's scale, and if you can't enjoy that...
What do you mean by play a better game?
Is that an insult to my play? D:
And what do you mean by getting a better PC?

What's your processor?  PS2 is very CPU dependent.
Um.
...I'll answer this later when I'm not at uni :x
What does this mean in relation to what I'm experiencing?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10240 on: April 24, 2014, 09:46:00 pm »

...not a lot, now that I look at your post again.

Still, when you next play, hit alt-F and a FPS counter will pop up.  It will also helpfully tell you if your CPU or GPU is limiting you; it can help you narrow down performance problems.  If your network sucks, there may not be a lot you can do about it.

That said, there's some fix for Windows to speed up network connectivity.  It's in this thread, somewhere I think.   Duuvian, I think you posted it once: you know what I'm talking about?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10241 on: April 24, 2014, 09:48:39 pm »

...not a lot, now that I look at your post again.
Oh. I was confused back there. xD Unsure on what is related to what when talking about Planetside 2 specs.

Still, when you next play, hit alt-F and a FPS counter will pop up.  It will also helpfully tell you if your CPU or GPU is limiting you; it can help you narrow down performance problems.  If your network sucks, there may not be a lot you can do about it.
I do that an-oh. So that's what it means when the green or yellow label shows :X
GPU means... which is limiting me? Any advice on it?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10242 on: April 24, 2014, 09:50:06 pm »

GPU means you are GPU limited.  Post your system specs sometime and we can see about optimizing.

First thing is to turn shadows off, though.  They're a huge CPU drain.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10243 on: April 24, 2014, 09:55:18 pm »

Vehicles and players teleporting around is the telltale signs of bad lag and a shaky connection. It sounds like that is primarily responsible for your problems.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10244 on: April 24, 2014, 09:56:40 pm »

It's probably your ISP, then, though Briggs is notorious for connection issues.
Pages: 1 ... 681 682 [683] 684 685 ... 826