Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089245 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #10380 on: May 03, 2014, 11:19:26 am »

I've bought SC, and I've gotten no free membership.
Do you play on briggs?
If yes, did you have most of your play time on Briggs?

I don't understand how everybody keeps accidentally jumping out of their planes, what exactly are you doing to cause it? >__>
E is next to R. R is reload.
Make it the F key.
The F key is already used for something else, I'm pretty sure. I've avoided rebinding things because theres not a lot of useful places to put them without a cascade of rebinds, and I can't be arsed to move every useful key just to make it less likely to fall out of a liberator. My mic keys are already awkwardly out of place trying to fit them outside of the numpad, its not going to get any better.
F is "class ability", like cloak for Infiltrator or overshield for Heavy.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10381 on: May 03, 2014, 11:25:22 am »

I have 'exit aircraft' bound to '\'. Can still hit it easily when bailing from a Gal but unlikely to hit it by accident. Changed it early enough I have no idea if there is anything else supposed to use it.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10382 on: May 03, 2014, 12:45:57 pm »

I have 'exit aircraft' bound to '\'. Can still hit it easily when bailing from a Gal but unlikely to hit it by accident. Changed it early enough I have no idea if there is anything else supposed to use it.

I currently use 'l' (a lower case L) since it's away from everything else and not used for other reasons.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10383 on: May 03, 2014, 01:21:39 pm »

The fact that 'exit aircraft' is its own seperate key from the general 'use' key is a pretty good foresight on part of SOE, any other game would've had a generic 'use' key that is the same across all classes and vehicles regardless of what the context of your situation was.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10384 on: May 03, 2014, 02:18:44 pm »

While it is a seperate key, by default SOE has all the exit commands mapped to the same button.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10385 on: May 03, 2014, 03:45:41 pm »

While it is a seperate key, by default SOE has all the exit commands mapped to the same button.
I swear, am I the only person on the planet that changes their keybinds or even knows how? >__>

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10386 on: May 03, 2014, 05:47:35 pm »

I'm scared it'll get me banned for client modification :P

In other news, Vandal is pretty good. So is Flash Fury, but I'm not getting good results because I need to learn to shoot on the move. Right now I just get 2-3 kills and then die because I'm stationary.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 05:50:41 pm by DJ »
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10387 on: May 03, 2014, 06:39:31 pm »

Flash could really do with some sort of forward facing shield

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10388 on: May 03, 2014, 06:45:01 pm »

Flash could really do with some sort of forward facing shield
They should've made it a motorcycle thing with a side car, hehehe

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10389 on: May 03, 2014, 06:50:31 pm »

I've bought SC, and I've gotten no free membership.
IIRC it was given to people who were members or bought SC during Loginside, a bandwidth problem in the Briggs (Sydney) server that caused login times of 5-30 minutes if you got in at all.
E: The handout masterfully coincideded with an SC giveaway and a double XP weekend.

Also that's In-Game-Name.
...Though I think its server-restricted, the friend system?
In that case it's NobPrototype on Briggs.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 06:53:04 pm by NobodyPro »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10390 on: May 03, 2014, 06:50:45 pm »

Flash just needs it's handling fixed... if they wanted to be really nice, they might give it default turbo like the Harasser, but that might be a bit excessive.

Cloak gives you pretty good survivability, right up until you hit a bump, tumble a few times, and get shot since you're now going 2 kph.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10391 on: May 03, 2014, 06:51:56 pm »

I discovered that the reason I was crashing so much was because I wasn't quite at minimum settings. I had to turn off shadows (from having them on Low). Now I can go half an hour without crashing!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10392 on: May 03, 2014, 08:05:15 pm »

I know KD isn't that important, but after a month or so of playing I've finally managed to play at around 1.5 kd, which is a serious step up from the .1 days of old. Swapped over from Mattherson TR to Waterson NC a couple weeks ago and am really enjoying it. The Gauss SAW is incredible, very powerful at mid range, never runs out of ammo, and the lack of close quarters power is offset by just being a heavy and winning those engagements almost by default.

MAX units still make no sense to me. It feels like the default NC MAX loadout is criminally underequipped for every situation but biolab brawls. I barely feel any more powerful than I would in a heavy... on that same note, I also feel horribly ill equipped in any sort of vehicle. Being unable to even use the Vanguard's shield is a really stupid design decision. While the basic classes might be reasonably powerful out of the box, almost everything else seems to need investment to be worth wasting your time in.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 08:07:02 pm by Rex_Nex »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #10393 on: May 03, 2014, 08:47:39 pm »

NC MAX:  Buy the other Falcon.  Trust me.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10394 on: May 03, 2014, 09:01:29 pm »

I don't use maxes, but if I did, I'd use dual Falcons.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 691 692 [693] 694 695 ... 826